Most passionate Fans?

VOLS INC.

President/CEO
During the interview on ESPN with "Lame Flippin" he mentioned how we were more passionate in the south about our football than they are in the west(which by the way is the only truth he has ever spoken).

It got me thinking... I mean our fan base follows football 365 a year, we live, eat, and breath with the VOLS. I've got a friend who was actually in tears when we recovered the onside kick against Bama just because he was so proud of the fight that the vols were showing against a superior team!!!.

My question is besides SEC fans is their any other league/conference/sports that have more passionate fans than us? WE BURNED BEDS AND HAD A RIOT FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD!!!

SCREW KIFFIN

Last edited by a moderator:
ACC Basketball fans are similar. I grew up a little east of Raleigh, and I can tell you that nothing matters more in that area than college basketball.

Just wanted to add that even there, my house was the one that had a Rocky Top doorbell.

Yankees fans....not the millionaires behind the plate for $2,000 a ticket, but the bleacher creature, blue collar fans

To answer it seriously, we've always said that Tennessee travels well and the fan base is made up of good folks.

The same can be said for Nebraska and Kansas. No one travels better than aTm in the Big12 south. Period. But out of the North, those two are pretty solid, and the fans are good folks.

Considering the SEC as a whole group, no collectively, the SEC has more schools that travel on par, or better, with the three I mentioned from the Big12.

texas has no business being mentioned. Those are t-shirt owners for one night. Not life time fans/ students/ alumni/ or faculty.

To answer it seriously, we've always said that Tennessee travels well and the fan base is made up of good folks.

The same can be said for Nebraska and Kansas. No one travels better than aTm in the Big12 south. Period. But out of the North, those two are pretty solid, and the fans are good folks.

Considering the SEC as a whole group, no collectively, the SEC has more schools that travel on par, or better, with the three I mentioned from the Big12.

texas has no business being mentioned. Those are t-shirt owners for one night. Not life time fans/ students/ alumni/ or faculty.

I have a relative who is a "die-hard" Texas fan. Super passionate. That being said, he was a Miami fan from 2001-2003. BTW, I don't know if he's ever even been to TX, or FL.

That's so weird he liked Miami in 2001-2003. Wonder why.

Yea I got a friend who is a miami fan. He's ridiculous, You never hear him sayin anything about Miami unless they win 9-10 games a season. I watched more miami games last year than he did. J. Harris threw 17 int last year and all of a sudden he is the Heisman favorite?!!! he blasted UT about the Dooley hire because of his losing record at tech yet Randy shannon is only 4 games over .500 in 3 yrs at miami and 5 yrs before shannon, Coker was 43 games over .500. But shannon is a great coach and Dooley isn't Head coach caliber.

And when i mention the fact that miami only avgs 50,000 per home game his response is " well thiers alot to do in Miami besides watchin football". And i honestly think that as long as MIAMI Players are showing out in the NFL he could care less that they the Team Under-achieves in college football.

Best of all though, When college basketball season started I was talkin trash about how the Vols were Ranked and Miami wasn't even on the Radar. His Response" Oh i don't like Miami Basketball, Just football, In basketball I cheer for DUKE"

Worst fan ever

Yea I got a friend who is a miami fan. He's ridiculous, You never hear him sayin anything about Miami unless they win 9-10 games a season. I watched more miami games last year than he did. J. Harris threw 17 int last year and all of a sudden he is the Heisman favorite?!!! he blasted UT about the Dooley hire because of his losing record at tech yet Randy shannon is only 4 games over .500 in 3 yrs at miami and 5 yrs before shannon, Coker was 43 games over .500. But shannon is a great coach and Dooley isn't Head coach caliber.

And when i mention the fact that miami only avgs 50,000 per home game his response is " well thiers alot to do in Miami besides watchin football". And i honestly think that as long as MIAMI Players are showing out in the NFL he could care less that they the Team Under-achieves in college football.

Best of all though, When college basketball season started I was talkin trash about how the Vols were Ranked and Miami wasn't even on the Radar. His Response" Oh i don't like Miami Basketball, Just football, In basketball I cheer for DUKE"

Worst fan ever

Yeah Miami has some of the least passionate fans of any big school. Their former players in the NFL are probably way bigger fans of "the U" than most of the people that go to the games or attend the school.

VN Store

Back