mods need to take that picture of AJ off the homepage

Haven't read all of this, but I for one am glad to see that the site is willing to report all of the Vol-related news. If that stops, it would negate a big reason for coming here.

No one is debating if this site should report these arrest or not, but it's the use of AJ's mug shot that is at issue. I believe that in fairness to him, AJ should be depicted in his UT football uniform or a different photo rather than his mug shot.

Reactions: 1 person
Laws are passed for our own good? I am an adult and I sure as hell don't need someone else telling me what is good for me. Nobody is perfect and we all have made a bad choice or two in life so give theses kids a break and get off there back. Now is the time that we should support them and let them know that we back them up. I am not saying what they done was right, but I thought this was Vol Nation and were I am from we back our own....

Reactions: 2 people
Laws are passed for our own good? I am an adult and I sure as hell don't need someone else telling me what is good for me. Nobody is perfect and we all have made a bad choice or two in life so give theses kids a break and get off there back. Now is the time that we should support them and let them know that we back them up. I am not saying what they done was right, but I thought this was Vol Nation and were I am from we back our own....
This is VN.
We eat our own.

The current regime running this country LOVE your kind

Flip on the TV the next time a disaster hits. What exactly is my kind? To help you out I am a God-fearing American who grew up in a small farm town. I am well educated ( which I paid for), earn an honest living, and raise my kids to be morally responsible. I believe in an individuals rights, but my Bible also tells me to submit myself to my government. I'm not patting myself on the back, but if we had more of "my kind" my guess is we would have less problems.

You can have his back but still let him know that what he did was wrong. It shouldn't be covered up and pretend it didn't happen.

Agreed but it shouldn't be made out to be that he was the only guilty party. Putting his name out there just because he is the most prominent name is bs I don't care who says different.

Reactions: 2 people
Flip on the TV the next time a disaster hits. What exactly is my kind? To help you out I am a God-fearing American who grew up in a small farm town. I am well educated ( which I paid for), earn an honest living, and raise my kids to be morally responsible. I believe in an individuals rights, but my Bible also tells me to submit myself to my government. I'm not patting myself on the back, but if we had more of "my kind" my guess is we would have less problems.
That argument goes both ways. If there were a majority of people in the world that thought like I do, there would be less problems.
For the record, I am a godless heathen.

Agreed but it shouldn't be made out to be that he was the only guilty party. Putting his name out there just because he is the most prominent name is bs I don't care who says different.

The other players names are in the article. He's the bigger name of the 3, that's normal.

So, of all the charges, his was the worst?

No but he's the bigger name so he will be most recognized. It's like that in all types of situations, he is the headline. If a trade happens in sports, the best player is always the one singled out in the headline. In movie posters, they put the star on the poster. It's for headlines and attention.

No but he's the bigger name so he will be most recognized. It's like that in all types of situations, he is the headline. If a trade happens in sports, the best player is always the one singled out in the headline. In movie posters, they put the star on the poster. It's for headlines and attention.

Well then that makes it right.

A good listen.

https://soundcloud.com/knoxnews/gvx-audio-how-butch-jones

People are making way to much outa this imo and all these threads keep going off the tracks.

Bashing the mods will not help the ones that want to change the pic on the home page.

Try, Freak if you dont mind will you please put a non mug-shot on the home page?

At this point I doubt he will but maybe.

Exactly and most of us already knew what A.J. looks like.

Like Fulmer once said, "the wind blows a lot harder at the top of the flag pole." If you don't want your pic plastered on the front of VN for breaking the law; don't break the law, or join the lacrosse team. I'll admit; not too flattering though.

The report on the charges and picture both came from the same webpage on the Knox County Sheriff's Office site. AJ was the most recognizable name involved and I chose his picture. At the time, I didn't see the need to search for a picture of him celebrating or scoring touchdowns. I know that some of you may disagree.

It wasn't my intent to single him out or "eat our own", but in this case I don't see how the picture is any worse than the news of the arrest. It turned out to be a minor incident (in my opinion it sounded worse at first report), for which I'm thankful.

Regardless, we've posted several new articles on the front and that one has been bumped off the front page. So everyone can relax now. :hi:

The report on the charges and picture both came from the same webpage on the Knox County Sheriff's Office site. AJ was the most recognizable name involved and I chose his picture. At the time, I didn't see the need to search for a picture of him celebrating or scoring touchdowns. I know that some of you may disagree.

I wasn't my intent to single him out or "eat our own", but in this case I don't see how the picture is any worse than the news of the arrest. It turned out to be a minor incident (it sounded worse at first report), for which I'm thankful.

Regardless, we've posted several new articles on the front and that one has been bumped off the front page. So everyone can relax now. :hi:

Good thing. The petition at Whitehouse.gov has almost 100,000 signatures.

Unfortunately, college drinking, regardless of age, has a long sad tradition at most universities. I can't get too excited about that part, but the resisting arrest is more disturbing. These young men have to learn to think before before acting, and especially to be aware that alcohol substantially reduces ones ability to think clearly..

It wasn't my intent to single him out or "eat our own", but in this case I don't see how the picture is any worse than the news of the arrest. It turned out to be a minor incident (in my opinion it sounded worse at first report), for which I'm thankful.

thanks man. bottom line. i hope all these kids learn from their mistakes. many successful folks have made similar or worse decisions. the trick is not to repeat history

VN Store

Back