'24 MO WR Ryan Wingo (Texas commit)

For a school like Mizzou, it will cause problems, because they pay a select few a huge payday, and the rest get a lot less.

It's different than us, honestly, we have a deeper pool and a better NIL org.
Oh I agree completely. Overpaying is a recipe for disaster. There should be a general fund for all the players to receive some compensation. It may already be that way, I have no idea.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
We’re likely landing Mikell and already have Matthews and Staley. If we were landing Wingo as well after taking 4 WR’s last year, I don’t think we’d be targeting Wiggins. Regardless, the point is that we’re not getting Wingo.
We took 4 WRs last year? Leacock, Spillman…who am I missing?

We took 4 WRs last year? Leacock, Spillman…who am I missing?

Leacock, Spillman, Thornton, and technically Seldon is listed as a WR in 247. You could say we took 3 if you really want to but I decided to count Seldon. I know Thornton isn’t a freshmen but the way I look at it transfers are now part of a recruiting class. The only point I was trying to make is we aren’t going to take 8-9 receivers in 2 “classes” so I do think Wiggins being looked at an recruiter more heavily is an indication that Wingo isn’t coming here (which should be obvious to anyone that can take the orange glasses off for 2 seconds).

Reactions: berryvol
Leacock, Spillman, Thornton, and technically Seldon is listed as a WR in 247. You could say we took 3 if you really want to but I decided to count Seldon. I know Thornton isn’t a freshmen but the way I look at it transfers are now part of a recruiting class. The only point I was trying to make is we aren’t going to take 8-9 receivers in 2 “classes” so I do think Wiggins being looked at an recruiter more heavily is an indication that Wingo isn’t coming here (which should be obvious to anyone that can take the orange glasses off for 2 seconds).
Yeah, I was counting Seldon as a RB/ATH and not Thornton because I thought we were talking about freshman recruits. But I gotcha now. And I agree with all of those points.

Wingo has been a non-possibility for awhile now (the thread needs to die), but the pursuit of Wiggins does seem to indicate that they want 4 WRs in this class. We are thin there right now. But I’m a little surprised they’d go for 4 high schoolers rather than 3 high schoolers and a more ready-to-play portal guy. Maybe that speaks well of their opinion of Wiggins…or they think one or more of the other 3 can contribute immediately.

Yeah, I was counting Seldon as a RB/ATH and not Thornton because I thought we were talking about freshman recruits. But I gotcha now. And I agree with all of those points.

Wingo has been a non-possibility for awhile now (the thread needs to die), but the pursuit of Wiggins does seem to indicate that they want 4 WRs in this class. We are thin there right now. But I’m a little surprised they’d go for 4 high schoolers rather than 3 high schoolers and a more ready-to-play portal guy. Maybe that speaks well of their opinion of Wiggins…or they think one or more of the other 3 can contribute immediately.

I wouldn’t necessarily say we’re going to be “thin” at WR, just young. We’ll have a lot of talent on the roster at the receiver position next year just a lot of inexperience. I would prefer we take a portal WR (and I think we will) to add some experience. I think we’ll probably take a portal WR every year tbh. So, I ultimately don’t think Wiggins will be in this class unless we miss on Mikel.

I wouldn’t necessarily say we’re going to be “thin” at WR, just young. We’ll have a lot of talent on the roster at the receiver position next year just a lot of inexperience. I would prefer we take a portal WR (and I think we will) to add some experience. I think we’ll probably take a portal WR every year tbh. So, I ultimately don’t think Wiggins will be in this class unless we miss on Mikel.
I wonder if Bru coming back (if he does, and I’m guessing he does now) obviates the need to take a portal guy. He effectively becomes your portal guy. Hopefully, he can be his 100% self by next year. I’m not sure what the recovery time is on that injury, but it seems like it ended up being a better situation than a knee.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Yes he’s serious. You watch…there will be a split second questionable call mid way thru the 2nd quarter that goes against Missouri and if it hasn’t been called that way Missouri might’ve scored and if they scored they probably would’ve gained more momentum to tie the score and that would’ve made them pumped up to pull the upset and GA would’ve then collapsed and therefore we can know beyond a doubt that the SEC is trying to rig it in Georgia’s favor.

You watch and learn.
You keep that tinfoil hat on chief. So I guess last year when we beat Bama, the SEC wasn’t going to let them win right?

You’re just grasping at straws with this specific recruit. We have not had any momentum since June. AP has now come out and said directly it’s Missouri. A Texas insider has flipped his prediction on On3 from Texas to Missouri. Absolutely nothing points to Wingo still being a real possibility here. We probably wouldn’t be targeting other receivers like Chaz Wiggins if we thought Wingo was an option.
I am not grasping at anything. If this season has taught us anything it’s that crystal balls mean nothing. Sorry but nobody really knows until he signs his LOI. But keep thinking you know big guy.

VN Store

Back