Mizzou defense looks really good

Sounded like one of their players might have a knee/MCL injury from the post-game interviews.

Maybe the DT Beckner?

missouri is going to trash us. vanderbilt beat kentucky. us being bowl eligible now hurts us.

I am so angry that we have already lost this upcoming game against missouri. Because our offensive coaching staff is horrendous. missouri is going to trash us and hang at least 40 on us. sad times. while we have made improvements. butch should see a decrease in salary for a crappy performance this season. especially after we lose this saturday. i have no faith in our coaching staff. i was at todays game and it was BORING and an inexcusable performance. i will still watch and hope we win. but we can't get over the hump and more than likely won't with butch at the helm. we will just swim near the top of it.

Unbelievable. Defeatism in full force. I really hope we win Saturday just to prove this guy is wrong.

Reactions: 2 people
Unbelievable. Defeatism in full force. I really hope we win Saturday just to prove this guy is wrong.

i hope we win too. but i don't see it happening. pinkel will retire 4-0 against us. sad.:banghead2::jpshakehead:

Mizzou's offense has scored 25 points in their last 4 SEC games combined.

Let that sink in.

6.25 points per game.

Just let it sink in.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep, according to our fans, we've already lost to Missouri. Might as well go on ahead and focus on Vanderbilt. Fahr Butch!!

Simply a must win. If not this site is going to get extra ugly. If Dobb's feet are not 100 percent and no SEC ready qb backing him up it's a toss up. They have extra desire with Pinkel retiring.

With Pinkel leaving Mizzouri would UT make a step forward if we hired the entire Mizzouri defensive staff? They always have a good defense winning without having top ten recruiting classes.

To borrow a comment from UT fans after a loss "If the defense wasn't out there do long they wouldn't get worn down". Mizzouri has a terrible offense this year but I bet we make them look like world beaters.

Stats wise our D out ranks Mizzou.

Based on what? National Total Defense rankings on cfbstats.com have Mizzou #14 and Tennessee #51. They allows 40 fewer rushing yds per game and 60 fewer passing yards per game.

Also, Mizzou allows 14 ppg, Tennessee 24 ppg.

Where are you getting that our defense ranks higher?

Last edited:
Yeah they're good. We play offense like we've have the last two weeks we'll make them look even better.

Missouri looked good against a BYU team that has no speed that could be slower than Iowa.
Yea the stormtrooper uniforms along with using the recent emotions at Mizzou unifified the Tigers rather than working against them. I thought BYU would work them over, it did not happen. They'll need more than emotion to beat us.

Please further explain.

I'm not arguing that Missouri wins (I really don't think they will); I just want to see the information here.

Clarifying...3 of these 5 categories we are better against the pass (completion %), 3rd down, and Red Zone scoring %. They are better in YDS per play & Point per play. I am just highlighting they are not the '85 Bears, or even as good as last year's Tigers. All that said, they are #4 against the run, and like #20 against the pass. So I doubt we'll go on many 75 yd TD drives. On the positive side, their kick coverage (avg yds given up per kick) is like #80, so Sutton and Berry will need to come up big if we are to cover the 9 point spread.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/matchup/volunteers-tigers-week-12-2015

Based on what? National Total Defense rankings on cfbstats.com have Mizzou #14 and Tennessee #51. They allows 40 fewer rushing yds per game and 60 fewer passing yards per game.

Also, Mizzou allows 14 ppg, Tennessee 24 ppg.

Where are you getting that our defense ranks higher?

Jones Illustrated

fwiw -- Missouris only west division opponent has been Mississippi St at Columbia and they got torched by Dak Prescott 31-13 - I would bet Alabama would blow out Mizzou

Clarifying...3 of these 5 categories we are better against the pass (completion %), 3rd down, and Red Zone scoring %. They are better in YDS per play & Point per play. I am just highlighting they are not the '85 Bears, or even as good as last year's Tigers. All that said, they are #4 against the run, and like #20 against the pass. So I doubt we'll go on many 75 yd TD drives. On the positive side, their kick coverage (avg yds given up per kick) is like #80, so Sutton and Berry will need to come up big if we are to cover the 9 point spread.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/matchup/volunteers-tigers-week-12-2015

I bet they kick away from Sutton and Berry. If they are smart they will anyway :)

VN Store

Back