Missouri's SEC campaign

To take everyone's mind off the loss Saturday night I would like to ask if anyone has heard any thing new dealing with Missouri coming into the SEC as the #14th team. I know that there is a lot of questioning on this board about that happening and many do not understand or want it to be Missouri. I personally do not mind the Tigers coming in as long as they are put in the east so that it does not mess up the UT/bama game. I had rather have them and the TV markets it opens up for the SEC in St. Louis and KC, rather than WV which opens up what? Morgantown? Just my opinion. Feel free to disagree if you wish.

Three tigers in one conference. Might as well ask Louisiana Tech to join to even out the cliche mascot average...

To take everyone's mind off the loss Saturday night I would like to ask if anyone has heard any thing new dealing with Missouri coming into the SEC as the #14th team. I know that there is a lot of questioning on this board about that happening and many do not understand or want it to be Missouri. I personally do not mind the Tigers coming in as long as they are put in the east so that it does not mess up the UT/bama game. I had rather have them and the TV markets it opens up for the SEC in St. Louis and KC, rather than WV which opens up what? Morgantown? Just my opinion. Feel free to disagree if you wish.

I would rather see Va Tech than anyone.... I believe to be the best fit in SEC.... but if it has to be between Mizzlou and WV.... I take Mizzlou

Three tigers in one conference. Might as well ask Louisiana Tech to join to even out the cliche mascot average...

I say we add Mizzou as #14 and Clemson as #15. Then when we split into four divisions, one can be the Tiger division. For maximum confusion, we should also require that they all play Memphis as a non-conference game. :)

Reactions: 1 person
I'd prefer Mizzou in the east over just about anyone. For the reasons the conference wants to expand, Mizzou fits the bill best.

If we go to 15, 16...I would like to see NC/VA schools.

So with the inevitable addition of TCU to the Big 12 is there any new news or insider information from the Vols faithful on the current search for a 14th member of the SEC? I figured Missouri would be a done deal until TCU's decision, now not 100% sure if Missouri will leave.

Read on a Missouri board that they are saying the SEC presidents met today but did not make any decisions on Missouri coming in. Of course, I do not know if Missouri has applied or made any formal request. I would think they would have to tell the big whatever # good bye first, but I could be incorrect there. I believe the website is tigerboard.com.

Seems like Nebraska and Colorado moved a lot quicker with this jumping the conference crap but I sure hope Mizzou gets left in the cold.

Not a done deal yet, but the plan is to put Missouri in the SEC East if they're the one we get as the 14th team in the league for 2012. Most presidents don't want to stop at 13 for 2012 & neither Bama nor UT wants to possibly have to lose the annual UT-Bama game, so putting Mizzou in the east or getting another team that is more eastern geographically makes common sense. While Mizzou is close to Arkansas, A&M, & LSU, as well as the Mississippi schools, they are also close to UT, Vandy, & UK. The state touches both Tennessee & Kentucky, so no problem with putting them in the East. It will balance things better, too, in both football & basketball, to have A&M in the West & Mo in the East.

We can just rename the divisions the Northeast and the Southwest. Or call them the Noreasters and Sowesters.:p Kinda gives the conference a bad weather feel, doesn't it?

I wasn't and still aint a fan of expanding the SEC, but I would still rather have VT in the east than Mizz.

I spoke briefly to an executive producer at ESPN this weekend. He is almost assured the sec will eventually go to 16. And super conferences may evolve to include even more teams, and it will kill the bcs.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I spoke briefly to an executive producer at ESPN this weekend. He is almost assured the sec will eventually go to 16. And super conferences may evolve to include even more teams, and it will kill the bcs.

Bwahahahahahaaa.... good, good..... :devilsmoke:

I hate the BCS.

Would love to attend the funeral of the BCS no matter what was her demise :clapping:

Folks accept expansion. We are going for teams #15 and #16 soon after Mizzou is accepted. It's going to happen and you will love it when the SEC creates a true SEC digital network, where you can pull up any game from the past to watch at any time.

We will be watching our warm-up non-conference games on the SEc Network rather than pay-per-view and their crappy announcers and camera work.

Mizzou will announce it's divorce from the Big 12 once TCU accepts it's bid from the Bevo 12. Then Mizzou can apply to the SEC and the SEC and reciprocate with is acceptance.

I wasn't and still aint a fan of expanding the SEC, but I would still rather have VT in the east than Mizz.

VT doesn't want to come or be part of the conference

And unless a having to make a once every 2 years trip up to NY and Pitt just suddenly alters their relationship with the ACC towards an off-putting one...then that's likely not going to change

Last edited:

VN Store

Back