Milton got hurt in 2021 vs Pitt.. and we lost. What has changed?

BoostN

His first game of the season, vs Bowling Green: (Note, 2021 Season here)

1694314564009.png

He was average then, and he gets pulled the next game from average play with 8 minutes in the 2nd quarter. He wasn't a world beater against Clemson in the orange bowl (BTW, Clemson is NOT good)... and (Joe) hasn't looked "great" this year.. yea, he can throw and orange 100 yards but that means nothing. Why are we hyping him so much ? I'm not calling for Nico (yet), but Joe isn't the answer here sadly.. and if he's all we got.. We'll have to work for 8 wins this year. Yes, the WR's dropped a lot today.. but something just feels off so far this year.

Thoughts?

His first game of the season, vs Bowling Green:

View attachment 577785

He was average then, and he gets pulled the next game from average play with 8 minutes in the 2nd quarter. He wasn't a world beater against Clemson in the orange bowl (BTW, Clemson is NOT good)... and (Joe) hasn't looked "great" this year.. yea, he can throw and orange 100 yards but that means nothing. Why are we hyping him so much ? I'm not calling for Nico (yet), but Joe isn't the answer here sadly.. and if he's all we got.. We'll have to work for 8 wins this year. Yes, the WR's dropped a lot today.. but something just feels off so far this year.

Thoughts?
We won?

WR’s also dropped passes and protection wasn’t very good today, not to mention all the penalties. Milton could have been better but it’s not all on him. We look like we’re going to be a run heavy team with a decent defense this year. 8-4 or 9-3.

WR’s didn’t really help Milton, although he had his share of the bad play, but I tell you this I’ll never forget when Jimmy Calloway dropped that 4th down pass in the swamp two years ago and hardly saw the field ever again. What I’m saying is this. Open that wide receiver room back up and see if you got anything in Kaleb Webb, Nimrod, and Leacock maybe that’ll light a fire

His first game of the season, vs Bowling Green: (Note, 2021 Season here)

View attachment 577785

Thoughts?
Clemson was a much better team last year

Sure, a lot of those Milton passes were not perfect but they were still catchable balls. Let’s not single him out. The team as a whole play bad. Must have forgotten the dude brought an Orange Bowl victory last season…
A terrible Clemson team, so that win now kinda not to impressive .

Sure, a lot of those Milton passes were not perfect but they were still catchable balls. Let’s not single him out. The team as a whole play bad. Must have forgotten the dude brought an Orange Bowl victory last season…
How long we gonna ride that orange bowl win against a mediocre Clemson for? I don’t wanna be hanging my hat on 98 and the orange bowl til I die. Next week should tell us a lot.

Milton got hurt vs Pitt not pulled. Misleading titles. He has also won the last 4 games he started. Clemson had a good defense last year so them losing to Duke this year doesn't change that. I don't know what the point of this post is besides wanting to start a freshman in the Swamp which makes no sense.

I just don’t get how so many of our fans seem clueless about football. It’s all about your quarterback. And single him out because it’s all about him with the office in fluid. You don’t have a quarterback you won’t have a good all fans. That simple.

Reactions: LibertyVol
You guys chill out. Its game two. We werent exactly rolling last year at this point either. We had a combination of things that happened tonight. No running through the T, Delay etc. Off a little tonight. Peay came to play and they were physical. The game was not called both ways either with the sh1t ACC crew. It is what it was... Little adversity never hurts. Get the bad game put of the way early when we can afford it.

I just don’t get how so many of our fans seem clueless about football. It’s all about your quarterback. And single him out because it’s all about him with the office in fluid. You don’t have a quarterback you won’t have a good all fans. That simple.
I’ve always wanted good all fans.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Our play calling was kinda peculiar too......not a single go route. Throwing to by far the shortest WR on a deep post, and fade in the endzone.

Reactions: volfeeva
You guys chill out. Its game two. We werent exactly rolling last year at this point either. We had a combination of things that happened tonight. No running through the T, Delay etc. Off a little tonight. Peay came to play and they were physical. The game was not called both ways either with the sh1t ACC crew. It is what it was... Little adversity never hurts. Get the bad game put of the way early when we can afford it.
☝️This all day

Reactions: HalfullVol
He’s undefeated since starting after Hooker got hurt. Why don’t you wait until we actually lose a game before you bitch and moan

VN Store

Back