Millennials in the Workforce, A Generation of Weakness - Simon Sinek

There are exceptions to all things. The worst mellennials are the low income workers. I would rather higher a 50 year old and teach them the computer programs we use (over 3 weeks) than higher a millennial who can figure it out in a day but text on there phone instead. You can tell them no phones 100 times but they are always pulling it out of their pocket like an addiction and using it.

The problem with lower wage millennial’s is that you will get 2 good weeks from them and then they are done/board/asking for a raise. It’s like clockwork.

😂

Hire*

Reactions: 1 person
There are exceptions to all things. The worst mellennials are the low income workers. I would rather higher a 50 year old and teach them the computer programs we use (over 3 weeks) than higher a millennial who can figure it out in a day but text on there phone instead. You can tell them no phones 100 times but they are always pulling it out of their pocket like an addiction and using it.

The problem with lower wage millennial’s is that you will get 2 good weeks from them and then they are done/board/asking for a raise. It’s like clockwork.

I’d rather hire someone that can type the above paragraph without the 32 typos.

Reactions: 3 people
Justifying your "what happenedness"? eh

My mother was a homemaker.

Hence, I now own my own business and have a wonderful family. Her being a part of my upbringing helped me get a strong foundation.

But I grew up in the 80s. Am considered generation x.

I saw personally kids raising themselves and mom working so they could drive a Benz instead of a Chevy.

Both parents almost have to work now just to survive. The baby boomers started that crap.

That generation as a whole was crap for the nation.

I’m not really sure which one I am, so maybe someone can give some insight. I was born in 88, I’ll be 30 in September.

Now, a few personal details...

I own a locksmith business, a trade that is definitely overlooked and rarely suggested as a lucrative profession by teachers, counselors, etc.. Many are surprised when they find out I make 6 figures a year fixing locks. Obviously I work long, long hours. But that’s just part of it, being on call rescuing folks. But I choose to do that so that my family can have a good life.

My wife is just a few months younger than I am. She’s a stay at home mom, which is the point I’m getting to. Our son is so sharp. He was walking at 11 months, throwing a basketball into a child’s goal. Talking, a lot. Eats anything and everything. All around, just gets a ton of attention and nurturing. I think this is where society has gone wrong. Mothers need to be at home with their children, raising them, teaching them right from wrong. What are your thoughts?

Are both parents having to work the real issue with today’s society?

Here’s a picture from our Memorial Day vacation at Disney. We took him for his 1st birthday and we had a blast!
Very nice!!!

Odds this was written while on the clock?

I don’t know if it’s a generational thing but I sell to manufactures and 3PLs and due to low quality workers I have had a lot of success selling automation to replace the need for those workers.

I don’t know if it’s a generational thing but I sell to manufactures and 3PLs and due to low quality workers I have had a lot of success selling automation to replace the need for those workers.

At the end of the day, cost per return will always win. If labor is more expensive than a robot, the robot will win. Amazon builds a huge warehouse in a low per sq foot area and has no real employee on the floor cost and is killing brick and mortar places that have high sq foot cost and employee overhead.

Every job is expendable if it can be outsource to a robot for the right price and the robot can actually do it.

People have no idea how close we are to almost all long haul truckers losing their jobs. They are already running rigs without real drivers up and down the interstates testing them and the the DOTS already have a coding for unmanned rigs. When that happens rural America is going to be a blood bath as most of the cities are kept alive but trucker money.

Within 10 years, service jobs will be almost completely gone. Taxi jobs, gone, Uber gone, long haul truckers gone....

At the end of the day, cost per return will always win. If labor is more expensive than a robot, the robot will win. Amazon builds a huge warehouse in a low per sq foot area and has no real employee on the floor cost and is killing brick and mortar places that have high sq foot cost and employee overhead.

Every job is expendable if it can be outsource to a robot for the right price and the robot can actually do it.

People have no idea how close we are to almost all long haul truckers losing their jobs. They are already running rigs without real drivers up and down the interstates testing them and the the DOTS already have a coding for unmanned rigs. When that happens rural America is going to be a blood bath as most of the cities are kept alive but trucker money.

Within 10 years, service jobs will be almost completely gone. Taxi jobs, gone, Uber gone, long haul truckers gone....

There are 30,000 trucker jobs open now and that number grows daily. It’s ak old let workforce that retire faster than people want to do that job.

Lmao

Like my sister who is 23, has never had a job, and is desperately trying to latch on to a man to take care of her.

Quite the free thinker!

There’s lazy people of every generation. But let’s be real. It’s costs way more to live these days. And people tend to have to work ridiculous hours. 30 hours a week for people, pay more and stop letting the greedy and rich get richer. It’s not rocket science.

There’s lazy people of every generation. But let’s be real. It’s costs way more to live these days. And people tend to have to work ridiculous hours. 30 hours a week for people, pay more and stop letting the greedy and rich get richer. It’s not rocket science.

So work less and get paid more? Sounds like a great idea. Haha

So work less and get paid more? Sounds like a great idea. Haha

Several European countries that have supposedly replaced the US as best place to live, in terms of General happiness, overall health, etc, work around 30 hours per week

Oh well if the UN says it...

Knew you were coming back with a meritless comeback because you wouldn’t be able to have any other real argument

Multiple reports over the last century have indicated more work hours only result in less productivity and create stress, anxiety and more expenses, for both the employer and employee. Even Henry Ford knew it

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
My buddy moved to Denmark and was forced to go back to school to learn the language. They wouldn’t let him work until he had done so.

He’s back in the states now lol.

Knew you were coming back with a meritless comeback because you wouldn’t be able to have any other real argument

Multiple reports over the last century have indicated more work hours only result in less productivity and create stress, anxiety and more expenses, for both the employer and employee. Even Henry Ford knew it

You haven’t shown me one report or any evidence so I chose not to continue this conversation. You jumped in and made a claim with zero support. Just move on or provide support to your claims. It’s pretty simple.

Reactions: 2 people
My buddy moved to Denmark and was forced to go back to school to learn the language. They wouldn’t let him work until he had done so.

He’s back in the states now lol.

Kind of funny they force you to know Danish. Why did he want to move to Denmark to begin with?

Kind of funny they force you to know Danish. Why did he want to move to Denmark to begin with?

He moved there with his wife, who he had met here in the states. She wanted to be closer to family and stuff I guess. Ultimately, he couldn’t work, leaving her to it.

He came back alone.

He moved there with his wife, who he had met here in the states. She wanted to be closer to family and stuff I guess. Ultimately, he couldn’t work, leaving her to it.

He came back alone.

Double whammy, sorry for your buddy. Maybe?

VN Store

Back