Mike Norvell is the guy we need

Tee was also a very good recruiter at Kentucky. Tee's ability as a recruiter is undebateable.
I’m not saying Tee’s a bad recruiter. All I’m saying is that’s is kind of unfair to say that Tee is a better recruiter when he’s been a bigger named programs. Again what’s easier to recruit? Being at USC and Kentucky vs Arizona State and Memphis? Two have bigger names than the other two, especially USC.

Reactions: 1 person
I’m not saying Tee’s a bad recruiter. All I’m saying is that’s is kind of unfair to say that Tee is a better recruiter when he’s been a bigger named programs. Again what’s easier to recruit? Being at USC and Kentucky vs Arizona State and Memphis? Two have bigger names than the other two, especially USC.

ASU has been way better than UK. Tee is a better recruiter. Norvell has more experience. Those are just facts.

I can't see Fulmer going outside his comfort zone and hiring someone that doesnt fit the mold of his philosophy.

Which is to say anyone running an offense not stuck in the 90s that he can offer "input" on will be considered.

Disqualifies the Norvell, Frost, Brohm, and Leach type coach.

Dave Doeren is the type of guy this program is gonna end up with IMO

Heard on the radio other day about this, they said Norvell won’t be a candidate anywhere cause there’s some major dirt on him that’s about to come out or something like that. It was early in the morning I was driving to work, think they said it was one of those chasing the ladies situations or something, and that no schools are contacting him because of it or something....

If you're not interested in Norvell, you're not watching them at undefeated UCF today - using our old reject QB.

It's pure insanity here these days. Tee Martin isn't even allowed to call plays on third and long. He isn't running his own offense. There is no evidence he could run a football program, much less a power 5 football program. No other power 5 program would consider him for their head job at this point.

If you stop paying attention to his name and just pay attention to his resume, you would see that even Dooley (who was perhaps the dumbest hire in major college football history) had more qualifications for a job like this than a guy who just recently became a coordinator and who has never even been given free reign to run an offense, much less a entire football team.

Again- that’s bs. For the 109th time. Tee calls plays in 3rd down.

Norvell flunked the vetting process. Women and gambling issues. He’s a nonstarter.

He’s doing a damn good job against UCF. Would beat them a Fb kicker. Heard he has some Skelton’s in the closet tho is that true

I’m not high on norvell, but he certainly belongs higher on the list than some other names getting thrown out

Every one screaming about him on our list until we hire him and he's mediocre and then everyone blames ad for hiring a guy who's creditentials are Memphis....smh

Heard on the radio other day about this, they said Norvell won’t be a candidate anywhere cause there’s some major dirt on him that’s about to come out or something like that. It was early in the morning I was driving to work, think they said it was one of those chasing the ladies situations or something, and that no schools are contacting him because of it or something....

I heard something similar. His apparently from Arkansas and they were high on him. They uncovered something, and everyone has backed off. Heard he will ride it out at Memphis till it blows over.

It's pure insanity here these days. Tee Martin isn't even allowed to call plays on third and long. He isn't running his own offense. There is no evidence he could run a football program, much less a power 5 football program. No other power 5 program would consider him for their head job at this point.

If you stop paying attention to his name and just pay attention to his resume, you would see that even Dooley (who was perhaps the dumbest hire in major college football history) had more qualifications for a job like this than a guy who just recently became a coordinator and who has never even been given free reign to run an offense, much less a entire football team.

This. If Georgia Southern wouldn't hire him, why should Tennessee? I like that Tee has ties to Tennessee, but I just think the hire needs to be one with HC experience.

Reactions: 2 people
Again- that’s bs. For the 109th time. Tee calls plays in 3rd down.

Norvell flunked the vetting process. Women and gambling issues. He’s a nonstarter.

USC’s three-headed monster leads to seamless play-calling – Daily News

"Offensive coordinator Tee Martin calls plays on first and second down. If third down is a passing situation, quarterbacks coach Tyson Helton calls the play while his brother, USC coach Clay Helton, offers input between drives."

I'd be happy to see your source.

Maybe you guys should do a google search for "Tee Martin play calling" and see all the articles written about USC's offensive struggles this year and how much fans have been disappointed in Tee's playcalls in particular.

... on our candidate list? Does anyone know what his baggage is?

He is still primarily using Fuente developed recruits. But he looks promising.

The bigger question is why aren't we considering Fuente...buyout be dammed! We are the second most profitable college football program. We can afford anyone we want.

If aTm can pay Jimbo 75 million over 10 years, we can afford someone better!

Preach on, but you're wasting your time. If Fulmer doesn't hire Tee, it'll be someone most won't want. Loser both ways.

Yeah, but there is no way hiring a coach as unqualified as Tee Martin could possibly work out in the long run. After a couple of years of dismal results, the fan enthusiasm will be gone and the program will be in worse shape than it is now, with even more money wasted on more buyouts.

Get Norvell tomorrow. He has recruiting connections in Memphis that Tennessee hasn't been able to recruit well since Bama and everyone else were buying players there. He's a winner and young. Great combo for the long haul!!!!

Heard he didn’t pass the vetting process. It was mentioned in another thread. That’s why you haven’t heard his name a lot lately

VN Store

Back