Mike Norvell is the guy we need

I’m guessing because the defense?

Wouldn’t be too concerned though. Get him Steele at DC, and tell him to take care of the offense and recruiting.

Reactions: 1 person
Probably because no one in our AD can judge coaching talent. They would rather give the job to an old has-been or a guy who has decades of kind of average results rather than one of the young up-and-comers.

That's the only reason I can think that we're seeing names like Cutcliffe and Doeren and Leach, when you have Mike Norvell, Neal Brown, Brent Venables, Mike Houston, etc out there.

Also, there is a good chance Arkansas is in with him now, though that doesn't explain why we weren't after him before.

Reactions: 3 people
I’m not high on norvell, but he certainly belongs higher on the list than some other names getting thrown out

Definitely an offensive minded coach. I'm ok with Norvell.

Made Riley Ferguson a star

Reactions: 2 people
I would rather have Tee but would be ok. He is basically Tee but with two years at UM. Tee is a better recruiter and knows the SEC and UT more. Norvell has the two head coach years on him though.

Watching the UCf Memphis game. You can tell he is a good coach. Both teams well coached.

Frost seems to be the better planner and play caller.

Norvell team seems to have better fundamentals. 3 take aways, 3 touchdowns from them. Liked the attempted onside kick call, but it doesn't seem like it was as well practiced as it could have been.

Neither team is performing as well as I would want on special teams.

I would rather have Tee but would be ok. He is basically Tee but with two years at UM. Tee is a better recruiter and knows the SEC and UT more. Norvell has the two head coach years on him though.

It's pure insanity here these days. Tee Martin isn't even allowed to call plays on third and long. He isn't running his own offense. There is no evidence he could run a football program, much less a power 5 football program. No other power 5 program would consider him for their head job at this point.

If you stop paying attention to his name and just pay attention to his resume, you would see that even Dooley (who was perhaps the dumbest hire in major college football history) had more qualifications for a job like this than a guy who just recently became a coordinator and who has never even been given free reign to run an offense, much less a entire football team.

Reactions: 7 people
Many on here have compared him to a Butch Jones. Good at the “MAC” level but hasn’t proven himself to be considered for an SEC level position. It’s dumb. You’ve got to start somewhere.

I’ve also heard he is wanting the Arkansas job. TIFWIW

It's pure insanity here these days. Tee Martin isn't even allowed to call plays on third and long. He isn't running his own offense. There is no evidence he could run a football program, much less a power 5 football program. No other power 5 program would consider him for their head job at this point.

If you stop paying attention to his name and just pay attention to his resume, you would see that even Dooley (who was perhaps the dumbest hire in major college football history) had more qualifications for a job like this than a guy who just recently became a coordinator and who has never even been given free reign to run an offense, much less a entire football team.
Preach on, but you're wasting your time. If Fulmer doesn't hire Tee, it'll be someone most won't want. Loser both ways.

How does tee know the sec more? Because he played in the sec 20 years ago? Norvell has recruited in sec country for two years against both east and west sec teams. Get out of here with tee being more qualified than a current head coach.

How does tee know the sec more? Because he played in the sec 20 years ago? Norvell has recruited in sec country for two years against both east and west sec teams. Get out of here with tee being more qualified than a current head coach.

He didnt say Tee is more qualified. Tee is a much better recruiter than Norvell and thats an undeniable fact. But Norvell is the better head coach and thats an undeniable fact as well. But only because Tee hasnt been a head coach yet.

He didnt say Tee is more qualified. Tee is a much better recruiter than Norvell and thats an undeniable fact. But Norvell is the better head coach and thats an undeniable fact as well. But only because Tee hasnt been a head coach yet.

Tee may be a better recruiter, but shouldn’t we consider locations and schools as well if that’s a factor? USC vs Memphis? Which is the easier school to recruit?

Martin is a better recruiter at Southern Cal, than Norvell is at the University of Memphis?

Thanks for that insight.

Reactions: 4 people

Why do some of you feel the need to lie to put down Tee? That is a lie that some of you keep repeating.

Dooley was never even a coordinator.

Maybe because he coached at UK? :crazy:

Tee may be a better recruiter, but shouldn’t we consider locations and schools as well if that’s a factor? USC vs Memphis? Which is the easier school to recruit?

He was considered one of the top recruiters in the country while at UK.

Martin is a better recruiter at Southern Cal, than Norvell is at the University of Memphis?

Thanks for that insight.

Once again he was a great recruiter at UK.

Norvell does have that advantage of two years at Memphis.

Tee has him beat in several other categories.

I say their resume is close. In that situation give me the better recruiting, hometown hero.

VN Store

Back