Mike Keith doing play by play for Vol Hoops?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Forgot to mention earlier, play-by-play for tomorrow's Tennessee-FAU game is none other than Mike Keith. #SACKKKKKKK

--From Grant Ramey

CWUNWyVWwAEXnC9.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Tennessee needs to hire him full time. For both football and basketball.

Wouldn't that be a step down from his current job, plus would have to move out of Nashville area? Naw, don't think so although I wonder which job pays the best?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I like Steve Hamer, but if you play the Steve Hamer drinking game when he says "Dribble Drive" you will soon find yourself needing AA. For God's sake Steve...... ENOUGH!

I normally think the criticism for a play-by-play guy is unwarranted, but I tried to listen to a half on the radio this season and Kesling seemed confused and it was very difficult to follow the play with him calling it. I like his voice fine, but would much rather someone like Mike calling the plays.

Reactions: 2 people
Kesling is hard to follow sometimes & he fumbles & stumbles over so many words. Had to listen to this years KY FB game on my phone app & was confused quite a few times as to what was happening...

Ward knew how to paint a picture for us over the radio. It has been a huge shock to us to go back to a normal human being. Just a few games were televised back in the day, so having JW was a blessing. Each time I hear Gary and Verne I think of how good we used to have it, and I yearn for the option to turn the volume down and crank the radio up.

I remember he used to sound enthused even when the opponent had a big play. "Bobby Humphrey's toss sweep to the right, cuts back and POUNDS his way for another 12 yards. They're simply running at will today Bill." These type of comments showed us that even tho we knew he was a fan, at least he tried to be fair and paint a picture for every fan listening, which increased our respect for him. I still never hear that from other broadcasters. Truly great at what he did and a helluva act to follow.

Reactions: 4 people
His "T-O-U-C-H-D-O-W-N Titans" is too whiny sounding. Of course the Titans don't score that much so you don't here it often.

Reactions: 5 people
His "T-O-U-C-H-D-O-W-N Titans" is too whiny sounding. Of course the Titans don't score that much so you don't here it often.

I think his voice is pretty bad. He is a "straight shooter" in his commentary though.

Not a fan of his...too animated! Screaming as if it's the first time his team has ever scored. Just a little much for me.

Reactions: 2 people
I like Hamer. Love Mike Keith doing anything, especially UT baseball games. Brings back memories of Todd H/Bubba/etc.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back