Mike Gundy offered

He doesn't have the lure of being a Saban like coach to pull kids from Tx, Big 12 defenses allow 50+ a game who knows,

Ga I hope we do not get Grundy he is a joke he does not know crap about defense!!!! We need strong he can recruit the sec better

Monte Kiffin is free to come back now!!!!!!!!

We're covered...... too bad the opposing Offense isn't.

If he is hired we will lose a few commits we have and he will not be able to recruit the south. If Strong is hired we get 3 or 4 top recruits within the first few days and he will be able to recruit the south, Florida!!!!!!!! I don't care who you are, without the players you will suck!

NO GUNDY!

Reactions: 1 person
Since 2008 Gundy is 10-10 verses top 25 teams.

If you take out 2011, he is 5-10 against ranked teams with just 1 win against his two biggest rivals (Texas and OU) being the 2010 5-7 Longhorns. He is not able to get his team to consistently compete at a high level.

He had a great year last year, but does not mean he is the long term solution.

How relevant has OK St been thruout history and look what he has done.. I hope we get him, he's a young coach and if he brings in a defense we could be deadly..

Reactions: 2 people
"I'm a man!!!!! I'm forty!!!!!!!" geez not that guy.

Right after that press conference, former players like Herbstreit praised him as a coach who has the players' backs. And the so-called journalist who wrote that article deserved a far worse scolding that what she got.

Its the DC thats going to make the difference when it comes to the defense. Y'all please stop getting your panties in a knot.

Reactions: 2 people
Uh, usually when news like this breaks, it is that he has accepted an offer.

When it comes out that we have just "offered", they almost always decline.

If he is hired we will lose a few commits we have and he will not be able to recruit the south. If Strong is hired we get 3 or 4 top recruits within the first few days and he will be able to recruit the south, Florida!!!!!!!! I don't care who you are, without the players you will suck!

NO GUNDY!

How the hell can u possibly know either scenario? :ermm:

Would be a Great hire. He could bring Tee Martin here and keep Jay Graham and hire Randy Shannon are Ron zook as defensive cordinator. Recruiting will be fine.

IF Gundy is hired:

Major points to the first person to order and wear this to a UT game (shown on a Bucs jersey 'cause I couldn't find a UT preview):

aman40.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
Louisiana-Laf. W 61-34
Arizona W 37-14
Tulsa W 59-33
Texas A&M W 30-29
Kansas W 70-28
Texas W 38-26
Missouri W 45-24
Baylor W 59-24
Kansas State W 52-45
Texas Tech W 66-6
Iowa State L 37-31
Oklahoma W 44-10
Stanford W 41-38

BCS Champions

I'll take it.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm totally down for Gundy! Would be a homerun hire. I know he will bring in Monken as OC and great DC as well.

It would be his first great DC because Oklahoma State has never been ranked higher than 80 something.

Can he consistently beat Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and Florida year in and year out. Is this fan base going to be satisfied with 8 and 9 wins a year? Once in a while he may win 10. The competition level of our schedule is much greater than OSU year in and year out.

"I'm a man!!!!! I'm forty!!!!!!!" geez not that guy.

Yeah your right... Why would we want a coach who is not afraid to stand up for his players .... I will take a coach like that any day... Cause thats the kind of coach kids will play their tale off for. I say bring on Coach Gundy

Reactions: 3 people
Im all for him. Would be a costly hire

I prefer to think of it as a sizeable investment. All of the candidates have a degree of risk. Gundy has met a lot of the criteria needed as a HC in the SEC. I am all in for him as well and will continue contributing. We are going to need the Vol Nation coming together and making good on this investment.

VN Store

Back