Mike Canales it is !! [RUMOR]

That coach impressed the heck out of me. They were whipping us on offense big time. I do not agree with most folks that we need to spend a lot of money for a Trophy wife...ER coach to replace Deboard.

Normally I'd agree with that. However we have a moron as a HC and we can't get rid of him because Hart is also a moron. Therefore we need gold star talent at each coaching position to make up the difference and when it comes time inevitably to fire Butch maybe we can promote one of them.

Reactions: 2 people
Man...talk about doubling down on the "infallible system". North Texas' and Utah State's offenses were beyond horrible under him. Butch is out of his ******ned mind if he thinks he will survive the 2017 season after this hire and going 7-5.

Last edited:
IF this guy will be announced it will be as the QB coach as he has a long history of being that position coach...

1985–1986
BYU (GA)
1987–1994
Snow College (OC/QB)
Pacific (QB)
1996–2000
South Florida (OC/QB)
2001–2002
North Carolina State (PGC/QB)
New York Jets (WR)
2004–2005
Arizona (OC/QB)
Arizona (co-OC/QB)
2007–2008
South Florida (PGC/WR)
South Floridaa (OC/QB)
North Texas (OC/QB)
North Texas (interim HC)
2011–2015
North Texas (AHC/OC/QB)
North Texas (interim HC)
2016–present
Utah State (AHC/RB/TE

I was really hoping to get Weinke...some NFL coaching experience in here....lulz.

My God does he stay anywhere beyond a year? That screams "I suck ass so I'm moving on." Escpecially North Texas being the only one he was at for more than one year.

Wonder what his results have been. Honest question.

Well....he coached this guy at Arizona...not to shabby IMHO....

july-2014-cover-nick-foles-315x413.jpg

My God does he stay anywhere beyond a year? That screams "I suck ass so I'm moving on." Escpecially North Texas being the only one he was at for more than one year.
:lolabove:

Look closer. . .

He's stayed at many of those places longer than a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Great. 30 years in coaching and never made it past OC. Should be a winner.

In addition to Chavis, Bud Foster is a great defensive coordinator at VA Tech, who has coached for 35 years without being a HC.

A few other OCs with over 30yrs exp and no HC experience:
Jim Chaney - GA
Noel Mazzone - TX A&M
Jim Bollman - MI St
Andy Ludwig - Vandy

Last edited:
I have been told its a Co-OC thing. Larry will be another Co-OC. Not sure who will be calling the plays (Butch I assume ?)

Coached Phillip Rivers also. Kind of on the fence about the hire. Has extensive QB experience which is good. Has to be an upgrade over Sheridan. Not sure how the OC thing will shake out. Will he be Co-OC with Scott or just QB coach.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back