Mike Canales it is !! [RUMOR]

Back in the early 90's I lived in the far west end, near Short Pump, VA. I loved it. So much history everywhere you go, from the Revolutionary War to the Civil War, Jamestown, Williamsburg, Richmond with Monument Ave., the Fan, just beautiful in the spring. Drive east to the beach, cross the Chesapeake to the eastern shore, drive northwest to the mountains....ah. As an outdoorsman it was paradise. Ok, a slap in the face and back to Ohio, reality beckons.

Williamsburg is awesome, the wife likes to go shopping in short pump. We live in Roanoke well technically Daleville.

Ah, Richmond well we won't hold that against you.

You do know I'm only joking around, right?

The wife is from Ashland and her family is still there so we travel from Nashville to the Richmond area quite a bit. From someone who has no ties to VA I actually like Richmond a lot and central VA in general. Great area geographically.

Reactions: 1 person
Back in the early 90's I lived in the far west end, near Short Pump, VA. I loved it. So much history everywhere you go, from the Revolutionary War to the Civil War, Jamestown, Williamsburg, Richmond with Monument Ave., the Fan, just beautiful in the spring. Drive east to the beach, cross the Chesapeake to the eastern shore, drive northwest to the mountains....ah. As an outdoorsman it was paradise. Ok, a slap in the face and back to Ohio, reality beckons.

Don't knock all of Ohio. Bainsbridge area and Copper Mountain ain't too shabby.

and X marks the spot. home sweet home.

I did a ducky trip on the James in Richmond a few years ago when the water level was too low for a raft. Cut my foot on a rock (no stitches, so not bad). Took 3 different types of antibiotics to get the infection out. #don'tdrinkthewater

glad you made it out alive. the funny thing about the james river is if drinking it won't kill you, the rip currents will. prolly 5 people a year die getting pulled from the shore area out into the rapids. the james is no joke when flowing

other than the History, one thing I will credit Richmond with is the best soccer pub in the states. Even though I'm not a Liverpool supporter or a smoker, I thought it was great.

Another Richmond rumor:

A little birdie told me Edgar Allan Poe was a student at UV and lived on campus there until he got kicked out of school once he lost all his school money gambling. If that's true, I bet he viewed poetic justice with a sense of irony after that. Okay, one more bad pun for the road. He was just a Poe student (or at least a little too Cavalier with finance).

Kijewski, Lindsay, editor. “Poe as a Student.” The Raven
Society, The University of Virginia Alumni Association, 2015, aig.alumni.virginia.edu/raven/poe-
resources/poe-as-a-student/.​

Last edited:
All these Vols fan in Va, we should get together! I live in Gloucester, about 30mins from Williamsburg.

You guys living in VA are lucky. Ive driven to Quantico a few times from Alabama and i dont think there is a more beautiful drive than from Knoxville through Western VA.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back