McRib Is Back

Me too. It was November 20, 2007. I know this because after finishing the McRib, I walked back upstairs at the hospital just in time to see the Doctor break my wife's water. It took everything I had with that congealed pork on board not to blow chunks all over the maternity ward.

It was one of the worst dietary circumstances of my life. A nurse looked at me and said "Are you ok?" To which my wife replied "the dip**** is fine. He just ate a McRib while is wife laid up here in labor".

lolololololol🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I had one at lunch today. Separately, the ingredients are not good but they do make for a nice convergence of taste, imo. When I bite into it I get the onions, sauce and pickles while the meat is kind of an afterthought. Not the kind of thing anyone should eat regularly but for a Friday afternoon lunch? Pretty good.

Every time they come back with the McRib,it instantly reminds me of my grandmother because she absolutely loved them(RIP). Might have to go through with it,and get me one for the first time.☺️

Love it. Had one for lunch today and probably will again tomorrow.
When you think about it's not really any different than any other fast food hamburger patty. It's all just mechanically ground up and frozen (except for Wendy's I guess), only difference is it's pork not beef and slathered in BBQ sauce. What's not to love.

Every time they come back with the McRib,it instantly reminds me of my grandmother because she absolutely loved them(RIP). Might have to go through with it,and get me one for the first time.☺️
Exactly… it’s nostalgia. Reminds me of gun season when I used to hunt regular. It’s as much a fall staple as the changing of the leaves.

When you think about it's not really any different than any other fast food hamburger patty. It's all just mechanically ground up and frozen (except for Wendy's I guess), only difference is it's pork not beef and slathered in BBQ sauce. What's not to love.
Yes. It’s FAST FOOD, not expecting anything different. No tellin’ what’s in any of it. What’s really wild is that I rarely eat fast food, Chick-fil-A sometimes but hardly ever the burgers and taco places. Just love me some McRib.

Yes, this......any moderately skilled cook with a food processor, the spices, and a pork roast from the store can make a McRibb patty. The same goes for chicken nuggets.

Yes, this......any moderately skilled cook with a food processor, the spices, and a pork roast from the store can make a McRibb patty. The same goes for chicken nuggets.
I'd say you are grossly overestimating the cut of pork used. This is the same place that had pink slime burger patties, so is it really ground pork shoulder? And we may never know what binder actually pulls the "pork" back together.

To be fair though, I really don't want to know what makes up a Krystal patty either. I love them, but I stay away from them. Especially since it costs near $10 now for a 4 bomb with cheese combo. I may treat myself once or twice a year at best now.

VN Store

Back