Maybe I'm missing something

Right now I'd be more worried about the quality of our ranking, because we are ranked where we are based off the quantity. Very Kentuckyish for the time being and this was supposed to be an elite class. Guess we'll have to wait and see..

Reactions: 4 people
Right now I'd be more worried about the quality of our ranking, because we are ranked where we are based off the quantity. Very Kentuckyish for the time being and this was supposed to be an elite class. Guess we'll have to wait and see..

Can't see this class being in the top 30. All we have for the most part right now are a bunch of 3 stars. We will get leaped over later in the year when other teams start getting commits. Shaping up to be one of the worst classes in recent memory. I am talking about going back to the early 80s to find a class this weak.

Reactions: 2 people
Can't see this class being in the top 30. All we have for the most part right now are a bunch of 3 stars. We will get leaped over later in the year when other teams start getting commits. Shaping up to be one of the worst classes in recent memory. I am talking about going back to the early 80s to find a class this weak.

Finish in that 12-15 range IMO.

Boo hooo hooo! Some of you guys would ***** at your mother for not having your birthday cake baked a month in advance. You really don't know how things will shape out. No one does.

One thing I will say... I think the Title IX crap hanging over our heads will cloud things up til it's resolved.

Reactions: 1 person
Hhh

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 171
Reactions: 3 people
It is humorous to see it unfold. Most pointed to the average star rating last class as a bit smaller class and that 14th ranking wasn't accurate. "You gotta look at the average star rating, that's a better indicator". 89 last year. With that 86 this year, most are resorting back to pointing to class ranking again.

No, most are saying that it's only June. We are doing just fine for this time of year. We have a lot of good prospects. If they don't pan out their senior years, then they may not make the final cut. Many will get bumped. And there will be some nice additions down the stretch, especially when we win big on the field.

People (not directed at you) being most negative are either trolling hard or are just hopeless.

Finish with:

QB-Lemie 3*
RB-Chandler 4*
WR-Higgins 5*
OL-Smith 4*
OL-Ross 3*
DE-Allen 3*
S-Pitts 3*
CB-Cotman 4*

1QB, 2RBs, 4WR, 1TE, 3OL, 2DT, 3DE, 4LB, 2S, 3CB, 1K..26 total for now.

If Holloman wants in, I think Jones is out.

You passed ridiculous troll status around the Kyle Phillips recruitment. Do you SERIOUSLY believe anybody buys your crap?

You passed ridiculous troll status around the Kyle Phillips recruitment. Do you SERIOUSLY believe anybody buys your crap?

I missed that, but it still didn't take me more than 1 of his ridiculous posts. . . He's giving it an A+ effort, trolling in both forums, multiple threads.

I missed that, but it still didn't take me more than 1 of his ridiculous posts. . . He's giving it an A+ effort, trolling in both forums, multiple threads.

Called him out back then. He had been saying we were going to miss out on Phillips and basically all top Tennessee state prospects. Said I was lying...and then I threw his quotes at him. Said they were misinterpreted. :lol: On this troll expedition he's trotting out "worst class since early 80's". The same classes that had Reggie White,Tony Robinson,Tim McGee,Willie Gault,McKenzie brothers,Terry McDaniel,Mike Cofer...? :lol: Not only is he a dullard troll, he's a poor researched troll. :lol: He tries too hard and goes for the ultimate punch...with no hands. :w00t:

So I guess you are saying that you are happy with the class we have. You must be wearing some serious blinders if you think we are going to compete with the upper echelon of the SEC by signing a lot of 3 star players. Now that is what I SERIOUSLY believe. You know this was a great year for in - state talent and we are letting too many get away. Bad job by Butch. SERIOUSLY.

Reactions: 2 people
Called him out back then. He had been saying we were going to miss out on Phillips and basically all top Tennessee state prospects. Said I was lying...and then I threw his quotes at him. Said they were misinterpreted. :lol: On this troll expedition he's trotting out "worst class since early 80's". The same classes that had Reggie White,Tony Robinson,Tim McGee,Willie Gault,McKenzie brothers,Terry McDaniel,Mike Cofer...? :lol: Not only is he a dullard troll, he's a poor researched troll. :lol: He tries too hard and goes for the ultimate punch...with no hands. :w00t:

Majors had the number one class in 1977, his first year. After that he was not a great recruiter. He landed some good players here and there but his classes were nowhere near what Fulmer used to bring in.

Majors had the number one class in 1977, his first year. After that he was not a great recruiter. He landed some good players here and there but his classes were nowhere near what Fulmer used to bring in.

You need to check yourself before you wreck yourself. I don't even know where to begin to start with the list Johnny recruited that were all sec all American then went on to the nfl.

You need to check yourself before you wreck yourself. I don't even know where to begin to start with the list Johnny recruited that were all sec all American then went on to the nfl.

I didn't say he didn't get good players but his recruiting was not close to the level that Fulmer brought us to. I don't think you could argue that point. For example the 85 team was very good but that was mainly due to coaching. Guys like Mark Hovanic who were not great stars but fit into the system well. Sure there were great players sprinkled in but the majority were not superstars.

I didn't say he didn't get good players but his recruiting was not close to the level that Fulmer brought us to. I don't think you could argue that point. For example the 85 team was very good but that was mainly due to coaching. Guys like Mark Hovanic who were not great stars but fit into the system well. Sure there were great players sprinkled in but the majority were not superstars.

If by not great you mean finished #4 in the Nation, then yeah, I'm with you.

People misconstrue that team all the time, because back in '85 everyone thought Miami was going to run them out of the Sugar Bowl on their way to a NC. Miami was suppose to be that good. Fact is, that team was #7 in the country going into that game. After waxing Miami's asses they jumped to #4.

Why do we care though? We don't have to play ESPN, so what does it matter. There are no trophies for recruiting rankings. we are comparing kids that play in different states against different talent, it's a guessing game and stars mean nothing. How many 5 star corners would most schools trade for our 3* Cam Sutton?

Control the things you can. Win on Saturdays.

Stars do matter (ask Bama) and don't fall in love with outliers.

If by not great you mean finished #4 in the Nation, then yeah, I'm with you.

People misconstrue that team all the time, because back in '85 everyone thought Miami was going to run them out of the Sugar Bowl on their way to a NC. Miami was suppose to be that good. Fact is, that team was #7 in the country going into that game. After waxing Miami's asses they jumped to #4.

That was a great team. A lot of role players had to step up in that Miami game. Jeff Powell and Daryl Dickey were not exactly superstar players but they were on that night. Anyway, back to the point. We better hope Butch picks up some big commits to fill up this class. As of now the avg point ranking is really low. Whiffing on Richardson , Stevens and Rodgers was a big blow. It now looks like Higgins is slow playing us and wants to go Clemson. Those losses are tough to swallow.

That was a great team. A lot of role players had to step up in that Miami game. Jeff Powell and Daryl Dickey were not exactly superstar players but they were on that night. Anyway, back to the point. We better hope Butch picks up some big commits to fill up this class. As of now the avg point ranking is really low. Whiffing on Richardson , Stevens and Rodgers was a big blow. It now looks like Higgins is slow playing us and wants to go Clemson. Those losses are tough to swallow.

I'll give you Powell and Dickey. It did take great coaching to get them to perform to the level they did. Higgins and Gibbs can be worrisome if you let it be. I don't because I also know that there is still a whole season of High School Football between now and NSD. Some up and coming Seniors that have been under the radar will shine and there will be more to choose from.

As far as CBJ goes with recruiting. I'm not concerned. It's 2016. He doesn't have the same sales pitch he has had in the past. This year is about winning. We win enough, we'll get the recruits. We don't, we probably won't.

What baffles me is that this has been pretty much the theme on VN since signing day. Everyone has said we have to win to get the recruits this year and yet here we are....in June....with people fretting over recruiting. We haven't played the first one of those games that everyone says we have to win to get the recruits.

JMO

I'll give you Powell and Dickey. It did take great coaching to get them to perform to the level they did. Higgins and Gibbs can be worrisome if you let it be. I don't because I also know that there is still a whole season of High School Football between now and NSD. Some up and coming Seniors that have been under the radar will shine and there will be more to choose from.

As far as CBJ goes with recruiting. I'm not concerned. It's 2016. He doesn't have the same sales pitch he has had in the past. This year is about winning. We win enough, we'll get the recruits. We don't, we probably won't.

What baffles me is that this has been pretty much the theme on VN since signing day. Everyone has said we have to win to get the recruits this year and yet here we are....in June....with people fretting over recruiting. We haven't played the first one of those games that everyone says we have to win to get the recruits.

JMO

Good Post. Agree.

Recruiting is always an adventure Bald Biker!

Agree 100% with this. Said pretty much the same thing a day or two ago. It's definitely not for the feint of heart though. It's a roller coaster ride every year. Lots of ups and downs.

VN Store

Back