Matthew Pyke 2014 OL/ Long Snapper 6'3 297

i absolutely hate the mavericks but still hope this kid gets the chance to wear the orange and white.

Reactions: 1 person
We have to get this Kid.. Local kid, bleeds orange. BUILD A FENCE AROUND TENNESSEE BUTCH! Miss State and Memphis going after this kid hard!

Reactions: 2 people
Why hasn't anybody offered this kid yet? His film looks great. Injury? Grades? Character issue? What gives? His heart bleeds orange, OL is going to be a glaring need in the future so on the surface it's a little puzzling.

Just my two cents worth...he does not look 6'3" in the film. He looks more like 6" to 6'1". Speed may be an issue too.

Matthew Pyke ‏@MatthewPyke53 23h
Had a great day at Tennessee today. Talked a lot with coach Jake and coach Mahoney. I'm really liking it over there

BHMFtzyCEAAXix6.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Just my two cents worth...he does not look 6'3" in the film. He looks more like 6" to 6'1". Speed may be an issue too.
He's from the 6'3" to 6'4" range and judging from the rivals camp today.. Speed is def not an issue

Can't argue with his measurements if the camps are verifying his height. He has good footwork, but I do not see a great burst in his first step nor the stride that I see compared to the film that I have seen of other OL. That's just my guess as to why the big school offers are not coming in yet.

I think this kid will be a good D1 lineman hope he comes to our lineman camp and gets an offer and commits on the spot.

Oh c'mon man... Lol

I root for Clinton when they play oak ridge..

I might root for the mavs if they played bama... It'd be a tough call though lol. Hate the wildcats almost as much. Bad thing is the way things are going my sons will probably suit up for O.R someday... Might be wearing a Clinton t under my oak ridge gear when they face the dragons lol my orange and black runs deep!!

We used to play AC in high school... those boys were always hosses. I played against their current head coach when his dad was the coach. Dislocated my thumb in my final game against them my senior year and went back in to catch a touchdown... like a boss.

#coolstorybro

We used to play AC in high school... those boys were always hosses. I played against their current head coach when his dad was the coach. Dislocated my thumb in my final game against them my senior year and went back in to catch a touchdown... like a boss.

#coolstorybro

You're prob thinking of josh Kerr.. Larry kerr's son.. Larry was my coach at AC and I think josh is at Clinton now.. Davey Guillam is the Mav's coach now. He's a former player who played about the same time as josh I think.. Josh played at UGA for a year or two... He came and spoke at a camp I was at(and won) when he was playing at UGA.. He was a monster.

Last edited:
13. OG MATTHEW PYKE, CLINTON (TENN.) ANDERSON COUNTY
For the second straight marquee event, Pyke impressed in one-on-ones. He was a standout performer at the Army Combine in January and looked the part of a solid prospect Sunday. At nearly 300 pounds, he already has good size for a guard and once he adds more muscle he's going to cause fits for defensive tackles.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1492811

VN Store

Back