Marvel's Black Panther

Ok, you’re entitled to your subjective opinion. take those out and I’ll bet we can think of several more.
The fact is that there were around 10 on that list, that you agree, were better that didn’t get anywhere near the consideration.

I only agree with like 2 of them. A few more are on par, the others are not as good but aren't ridiculous to mention.

Dark Knight should have been nominated, but there were only 5 nominees at the time. Dark Knight getting snubbed in the old format is no reason to keep Black Panther out now.

Reactions: JohnnyD1024
Dark Knight is why they expanded from 5 picks. Thus, it opened the door for future super hero flicks to get a nom even if it has no shot to win. I'd suspect more might have a nom if it had been changed earlier.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Dark Knight is why they expanded from 5 picks. Thus, it opened the door for future super hero flicks to get a nom even if it has no shot to win. I'd suspect more might have a nom if it had been changed earlier.

Which is why I found it odd Wonder Woman didn't get a nom, with all the praise it got.

I thought BP was miles better than Wonder Woman, personally. WW’s dialogue was even more corny than BP’s to me

Since Nolan left DC has been a dumpster fire with films. Just plain awful.

Also the main point most agree in was that Black Panther was a 6/10 movie which to me is not worthy of oscar consideration.

Here’s 15 better superhero movies. I’m a superhero movie fan and was looking forward to this. It was unwatchable. There have been very few movies I’ve stopped watching because they were so bad.

The Dark Knight
Wolverine
Logan
Man of Steel
Wonder Woman
At least three of the X men movies
Iron Man
The Avengers
The Dark Knight Rises
Dr. Strange
Deadpool
Guardians
Superman The Movie

While I do think BP was over hyped it was still a good Superhero movie. You should have kept watching.

Reactions: NashVol11

VN Store

Back