Marvel's Black Panther

I'm sad. I thought that Run The Jewels were going to be in the sound track because they were in the first teaser trailer.

Reactions: 1 person
Sitting at 100% among critics on rotten tomatoes. Is it industry pandering because it is a hero movie with a black cast? Is it Disney strong arming critics to get positive reviews. Or is it really a great movie? I guess we'll see when the audience scores come out.

Sitting at 100% among critics on rotten tomatoes. Is it industry pandering because it is a hero movie with a black cast? Is it Disney strong arming critics to get positive reviews. Or is it really a great movie? I guess we'll see when the audience scores come out.

Except it could be trolls intentionally giving it bad reviews because they think it's just critics pandering; which they've already discovered a group online doing.

Not sure about pandering, a reviewer on The Nerdist (black guy too) gave it a 3.5 out of 5. His main complaint is that T’Challa is "too perfect".

Except it could be trolls intentionally giving it bad reviews because they think it's just critics pandering; which they've already discovered a group online doing.

I can see trolls having some minor impact. If audience scores are off by huge amounts, though, something may be fishy. Similar to the last jedi. I don't think the huge discrepancy between audience and critics was due entirely to DC trolls. Lots of people genuinely thought it was a bad movie.

Already over 4,000 ratings on IMDB...I would guess a lot of those folks voting haven't seen it.

Almost definitely the first.

You just said they haven't been good in a while though, and those are all recent.

Doctor Strange was the only other one between those and it was pretty good too.

Spider-Man: Homecoming wasn’t game changing but it was solid.

Age of Ultron was the last “just ok” Marvel movie IMO.

Doctor Strange was the only other one between those and it was pretty good too.

Spider-Man: Homecoming wasn’t game changing but it was solid.

Age of Ultron was the last “just ok” Marvel movie IMO.

I actually think Spider-Man:HC was maybe the 2nd best SM movie. I recently saw it for the third time and I like it more each time I watch it. Strange is good too.

And I agree about Ultron, it's one of my least favorite MCU movies. I even liked Ant-Man and I went into that one thinking I'd probably not. But then again I'm a pretty big Paul Rudd fan.

Honestly the only entries in the entire MCU that I would consider meh or at least not my favorites are:

Movies
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World (but still better than the other 3)

TV/Streaming
Luke Cage
Iron Fist - I like them but they are the weaker TV entries and IF is miscast.
The Inhumans - the only thing I actually think is overall bad, but I still liked Anson Mount.

Incredible Hulk

It wasn’t bad but at this point it’s one of the weaker ones of the bunch now.

I get that the origin of the gamma bomb didn’t work as well in the context of 2006 (now in the Trump era it probably would). It was interesting how they tied the origin into trying to recreate the Super Soldier serum. Definitely helped advance the plot of the Abomination (who was terribly designed in the movie). I’ve never liked these tweaked origins where Banner is experimenting on himself as apposed to putting himself at risk to save Rick Jones and exposing himself to the radiation that leads to him becoming the Hulk.

VN Store

Back