martin got what he deserved: criticism

You mean by buying ut licensed gear, decking out our homes with it, and attending games to watch a sorry product. Yea, we don't deserve better.

Exactly. Ask neighboring ETSU what happens to a football program without fan support.

so youll give me 1.3 mil a year to execute my job under your expectations for 2.5 years, you complain to me about my poor performance, and then i show up at the end and leave the good guy?

what exactly did ccm have to put up with? you seem to know better than the rest of us. aw, fans didnt like when i played poorly and it hurt my feelings?

You missed the point of my argument but I'll bite.

1. 100% apples to oranges. If I pay you 1.3M a year to execute your job to my liking and you don't then you're toast. But CCM was offered a raise & an extension by Dave Hart. What's that got to do with the butthurt that some fans are apparently feeling over being called out for their own behavior in this mess? Did I miss something? Or are you just so busy trying to invoke some lazy, pseudo-populist, "Voice of the fan! We pay his salary! Hold CCM accountable for a 21 win season!" stance that you totally ignored what I posted?

2. What did he have to put up with? :eek:lol: Don't play dumb.

3. Let's just cut through the crap & get to the bottom of the displeasure here...I think that it really bothers some of you that Martin got to leave on his own terms. That he was just as over you as you were of him, and that you didn't get the chance to celebrate his firing. All of this extra nitpicky nonsense is just the Legions of the Miserable's way of coping with the fact that he broke up with you before you could break up with him. It burns your soul that he'd rather walk away from a $1.8M salary for a little more piece of mind than to continue to be a punching bag for the fans doesn't it? And on top of that, you're being called out publicly as one of the main reasons he left...double whammy.

Again, all I was saying is that fans can't expect CCM to just eat their criticism of him when they can't handle being criticized themselves. It reeks of hypocrisy & makes you look bad. And no one for damn sure feels sorry for lil' ol' you because the big bad media is calling you out. He's gone. Be happy if that's what you wanted. Take your lumps. Look forward to the next hire. Not a difficult concept to grasp. :good!:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:You guys are a serious joke. All these negative comments to a guy that took us places that was never expected as a team. When Bruce was here, the same people posted negative things about him. You always amaze me how low you can go. Are you really that unhappy with your lives that you can't appreciate a guy making a wise choice for himself and his family. I don't know anyone that would remain in a hostile unwanted environment when he has the option for something better. I say congrats Counzo. I wish you the best and I'm sorry this fan base didn't appreciate you. We will see how it is for the next coach. Simply unbelievable.

2011–2012 Tennessee 19–15 10–6 T–2nd

NIT Second Round

2012–2013 Tennessee 20–13 11–7 T–5th

NIT First Round

Cant take the heat, stay out the kitchen. f*** espn, f*** BTO, and f*** anyone else who wants to make the fans out to be the bad guys for demanding their head coach perform better. never disliked ccm and i never liked espn. but im looking forward, not back. gbo

Reactions: 1 person
You missed the point of my argument but I'll bite.

1. 100% apples to oranges. If I pay you 1.3M a year to execute your job to my liking and you don't then you're toast. But CCM was offered a raise & an extension by Dave Hart. What's that got to do with the butthurt that some fans are apparently feeling over being called out for their own behavior in this mess? Did I miss something? Or are you just so busy trying to invoke some lazy, pseudo-populist, "Voice of the fan! We pay his salary! Hold CCM accountable for a 21 win season!" stance that you totally ignored what I posted?

2. What did he have to put up with? :eek:lol: Don't play dumb.

3. Let's just cut through the crap & get to the bottom of the displeasure here...I think that it really bothers some of you that Martin got to leave on his own terms. That he was just as over you as you were of him, and that you didn't get the chance to celebrate his firing. All of this extra nitpicky nonsense is just the Legions of the Miserable's way of coping with the fact that he broke up with you before you could break up with him. It burns your soul that he'd rather walk away from a $1.8M salary for a little more piece of mind than to continue to be a punching bag for the fans doesn't it? And on top of that, you're being called out publicly as one of the main reasons he left...double whammy.

Again, all I was saying is that fans can't expect CCM to just eat their criticism of him when they can't handle being criticized themselves. It reeks of hypocrisy & makes you look bad. And no one for damn sure feels sorry for lil' ol' you because the big bad media is calling you out. He's gone. Be happy if that's what you wanted. Take your lumps. Look forward to the next hire. Not a difficult concept to grasp. :good!:

1. when would you fire me? 2.6 mil... or the 3rd year i do well and leave. blaming the fans is ridiculous, and you know it is.

2. answer the f'ing question, might be the only thing you'd have interesting to say imo. so seriously, do.

3. already said, glad for ccm, pissed about the way ut fans are made to be the agonists of the situation, but you didnt bother to read my first post.

4? you didnt number? coaches are expected to eat criticism. fans are not. its that simple. i dont feel sorry ofr ccm. i dont hate ccm. i hate the opinions of people like you who have no reason to distance and betray the fans who were demanding better of the ut mens bball program over the past three years

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:You guys are a serious joke. All these negative comments to a guy that took us places that was never expected as a team. When Bruce was here, the same people posted negative things about him. You always amaze me how low you can go. Are you really that unhappy with your lives that you can't appreciate a guy making a wise choice for himself and his family. I don't know anyone that would remain in a hostile unwanted environment when he has the option for something better. I say congrats Counzo. I wish you the best and I'm sorry this fan base didn't appreciate you. We will see how it is for the next coach. Simply unbelievable.

re-read my post, but sober

so your criticism is he should have won two more games in his first two seasons? i think thats a fair crit. alls im saying is that people are making the fans who were unhappy with our bball performance out to be the bad guys and ccm out to be this over-achieving hero who escaped the mean ole fans of UT

I agree with you.

Like I said in another thread if your a head coach at big time program like Tennessee and in the best conference in the country the SEC. Then you better expect to receive criticism if you aren't doing what your there to do which is win games.

If you can't take that kind of criticism then you probably don't need to be coaching in major college athletics!

Like I said in another thread if your a head coach at big time program like Tennessee and in the best conference in the country the SEC. Then you better expect to receive criticism if you aren't doing what your there to do which is win games.

If you can't take that kind of criticism then you probably don't need to be coaching in major college athletics!

the mid-westerners and the yankees like to piss on us (as do the tool fans who swallow their garbage) but the sec did really well post season

for example (f*** espn, minus woody paige of course):

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-d...n-t-mean-it-deserved-more-bids-151641714.html

1. when would you fire me? 2.6 mil... or the 3rd year i do well and leave. blaming the fans is ridiculous, and you know it is.

2. answer the f'ing question, might be the only thing you'd have interesting to say imo. so seriously, do.

3. already said, glad for ccm, pissed about the way ut fans are made to be the agonists of the situation, but you didnt bother to read my first post.

4? you didnt number? coaches are expected to eat criticism. fans are not. its that simple. i dont feel sorry ofr ccm. i dont hate ccm. i hate the opinions of people like you who have no reason to distance and betray the fans who were demanding better of the ut mens bball program over the past three years

1. Your point is irrelevant. That's been established. But keep on with your delusion that fans are immune from criticism. No one in life is immune from criticism. So whether or not you care for my opinion doesn't bother me one bit. I don't care for yours either. I'm sure that there will be plenty of people on TSR tomorrow telling you what you want to hear. I'm not one of them.

2. I don't have to answer the question. Unless you've been under a rock or are someone who visits the board but can't read, then you know all the BS that's been swirling around this coach. I'm not going to answer your rhetorical question for you. Sorry. CCM can't even resign from the freakin team without this somehow turning into a *****fest so if that's not telling enough then I've got nothing for you.

3. If the shoe fits...and no I didn't bother reading your first post. But then again you didn't read mine, but quoted it and rambled about stuff that didn't even pertain to the point that I was making.

4. That's what's called a summation. I was just summarizing the main idea of the post. Since this is just purely a reply to your post, I'm just going to end it right here.

self-entitlement: belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges

privileges like a d1 coach getting millions should be held responsible by those who pay him for his product? id love to give a break you dumba**

Well if you don't like the product go find another one. It will be years most likely before we see the sweet 16 again.

VN Store

Back