martin got what he deserved: criticism

i don't see why there is all this angst.

y'all didn't want him at tennessee. zo would rather be somewhere he was wanted. it's a win-win.

the only people who should be upset are the people who were happy with zo.

Correct. Except I can see why a lot of fans are getting a bit annoyed with all the "it's the fans' fault" talk. Absurdities :crazy:

Good luck Coach

2011–2012 Tennessee 19–15 10–6 T–2nd

NIT Second Round

2012–2013 Tennessee 20–13 11–7 T–5th

NIT First Round

Cant take the heat, stay out the kitchen. f*** espn, f*** BTO, and f*** anyone else who wants to make the fans out to be the bad guys for demanding their head coach perform better. never disliked ccm and i never liked espn. but im looking forward, not back. gbo

And I will add that if he and his Vols win two (TWO just TWO more games each of those first two seasons, we are not even in this position. And those two additional wins each season dont have to be against the Fla's and UK's of the world!!!

i don't see why there is all this angst.

y'all didn't want him at tennessee. zo would rather be somewhere he was wanted. it's a win-win.

the only people who should be upset are the people who were happy with zo.

They are the ones who are posting all the negatives about this.

Seems to me that some of you need to take your own advice and stop moaning about being criticized by the media. You're a faceless poster on the internet and you can't even handle being called out for acting like deluded, petulant children. No way any of you can handle being front and center and having to put up with what CCM put up with.

Reactions: 2 people
And I will add that if he and his Vols win two (TWO just TWO more games each of those first two seasons, we are not even in this position. And those two additional wins each season dont have to be against the Fla's and UK's of the world!!!

so your criticism is he should have won two more games in his first two seasons? i think thats a fair crit. alls im saying is that people are making the fans who were unhappy with our bball performance out to be the bad guys and ccm out to be this over-achieving hero who escaped the mean ole fans of UT

3rd best in the weakest major conference isn't saying that much.

Behind 2 hall of fame coaches? Some of you are dreaming if you think we are going to do any better because the only thing better is now at Auburn

Seems to me that some of you need to take your own advice and stop moaning about being criticized by the media. You're a faceless poster on the internet and you can't even handle being called out for acting like deluded, petulant children. No way any of you can handle being front and center and having to put up with what CCM put up with.

so youll give me 1.3 mil a year to execute my job under your expectations for 2.5 years, you complain to me about my poor performance, and then i show up at the end and leave the good guy?

what exactly did ccm have to put up with? you seem to know better than the rest of us. aw, fans didnt like when i played poorly and it hurt my feelings?

Reactions: 1 person
The guy only had the 3rd best winning % in the SEC the 3 years he was here and went to one Sweet 16. Let's see if our next coach is that successful.

Lets also see if the rest of the SEC stays as bad as its been.

Lets also see if the rest of the SEC stays as bad as its been.

SEC basketball is not going to get much better over the next several years. Finishing 3rd ( winning percentage) behind 2 perennial powerhouse teams is not a bad thing, especially with a Sweet 16 , which has absolutely nothing to do with how bad the SEC is

CCM maxed out his potential at UT this year and used it to leverage a better job. He's loyal to his family and his future, not to you. It's that simple, so get over it.

Good for him! I am happy for him, and UT as we'll, because I don't think he could ever get to the Sweet 16 again.

SEC basketball is not going to get much better over the next several years. Finishing 3rd ( winning percentage) behind 2 perennial powerhouse teams is not a bad thing, especially with a Sweet 16 , which has absolutely nothing to do with how bad the SEC is
No just how lucky the draw was.

Self entitled meaning all the moronic posts on here saying they deserve a better coach, when they haven't done a damn thing to earn it.

You mean by buying ut licensed gear, decking out our homes with it, and attending games to watch a sorry product. Yea, we don't deserve better.

VN Store

Back