Martin and Howland top 2

Stat boys blaming VN for Martin possibly going back closer to base is typical. Man says he had 100's of 1000's of words and letters of support, yet these assclowns (gavols word) want to blame a petition, of which half the names were made up. Mike Hunt and Nelson Mandela really don't care.
And don't forget the recruit who bailed prior to the petition. Why did he decommjt? Because of the product he, his family and coaches saw at the time.

I think you take him, but at a discount and with a low buy out.

Pretty much, which is why I think he'd be a good gamble. You can probably get him for somewhat of a steal, he's a big enough name to make a splash, and if he's serious about coaching, he'll want to work hard to re-establish his reputation and prove the 3 Final Fours at UCLA are what people should focus on, not the downfall.

Reactions: 2 people
The program just got done with a sweet 16 run and should've made it to the elite 8 were it not for the guys in stripes. It's not bad at all. :eek:lol:

Oh trust me I don't think the program is bad at all with Counzo. I like him a whole lot. But some people think this is a mediocre coach even though we made a sweet sixteen and should have been elite 8. If he goes this program will be in a world of hurt, lose stokes, lose rhett possibly and no telling what recruits jump ship too

Hart and Martin could have talked and arrived at a decision that Martin will leave if the right opportunity was presented.

Only one of many outcomes. If hey have talked recently, and I believe they have, Hart has told him we will extend and raise salary. We want you to stay. Now get out there and recruit.

My gut tells me Martin stays...he likes what he is building at UT and will continue that...going back and looking at that Hug Hart gave CCM tells me Hart cares about him and knows UT bball is in good hands...Martin is about to get paid

That's your proof?

What proof is there that he's leaving other than Rucker's lies? It's normal for coaches to be targeted when they make a good run and a lot of people see a great coach in the making. However, there's no indication other than Rucker's flat out lies that Martin has any intention of leaving.

What proof is there that he's leaving other than Rucker's lies? It's normal for coaches to be targeted when they make a good run and a lot of people see a great coach in the making. However, there's no indication other than Rucker's flat out lies that Martin has any intention of leaving.

So an ESPN report that Martin is Marquette's top target isn't some indication that he might leave?

Only one of many outcomes. If hey have talked recently, and I believe they have, Hart has told him we will extend and raise salary. We want you to stay. Now get out there and recruit.

If that is the case that should have been announced and this rumor to Marquette will be squashed very soon.

VN Store

Back