Marriage - Beginning, not ending.

Speaking of weddings, my GF's best friend decided that she is going to have her wedding on September 12th.............debating on photoshopping some photos with her fiance and some naked kids to see if I can delay or break this thing up.

When I was engaged, my now wife wanted me to go to her friend's wedding during the UT/UGA game. I kinda fought her a little bit, but she wasn't having it so I just backed off. I was watching Saturday football at my friend's and I just never left. Totally ditched the wedding. I paid hell for it, but I would do it again.

Tennessee 51 - Georgia 33 :rock:

Reactions: 2 people
When I was engaged, my now wife wanted me to go to her friend's wedding during the UT/UGA game. I kinda fought her a little bit, but she wasn't having it so I just backed off. I was watching Saturday football at my friend's and I just never left. Totally ditched the wedding. I paid hell for it, but I would do it again.

A brother gotta have his priorities...

I really really hate fall weddings with a burning passion. Don't mess with my football.

Reactions: 1 person
One thing that has helped my marriage of 23 years is making it clear to my wife that when UT football or basketball or Grizz basketball is on, she stands ZERO chance of switching it to the Winfrey network, or anything else. She doesn't bother even asking me to go somewhere with her unless it's with the intent of letting me watch it on a giant screen at a sports pub.

One thing that has helped my marriage of 23 years is making it clear to my wife that when UT football or basketball or Grizz basketball is on, she stands ZERO chance of switching it to the Winfrey network, or anything else. She doesn't bother even asking me to go somewhere with her unless it's with the intent of letting me watch it on a giant screen at a sports pub.

For sure. I see so many guys who reduce their sports spectating in the courting period, and then when they want to take some power back after they got their lady hooked, they have trouble with it.

I watched an insane amount of sports in my first few years with my wife. I don't watch as much anymore, but I still watch a lot, and she's happy about how much I watch because it's all relative. 10 years together, and I've watched as much sports as I've wanted to.

I really really hate fall weddings with a burning passion. Don't mess with my football.

I have to miss the Arkanasas game because of one.

I'd be lying if there wasn't part of me that wishes my friend would realize he's engaged to a psycho and at least call it off for 3 or 4 months.

I like my plan better......plus I have tickets so I might have to just disappear and pretend I got kidnapped or something.

Huff, you have a wheel barrow to carry those stones?:)

I have to miss the Arkanasas game because of one.

Technically, you don't HAVE to do anything. I believe in the unwritten code that if you schedule an arbitrary event during a UT game, attendance by friends and family at said event is entirely optional.

Reactions: 4 people
Technically, you don't HAVE to do anything. I believe in the unwritten code that if you schedule an arbitrary event during a UT game, attendance by friends and family at said event is entirely optional.

Pretty much! My brother told my sister and myself if we got married in the fall he would not attend, luckily we felt the same.

My wife (of 5 days) knows what time and what channel all the SEC games are on every Saturday - and of course plans our day around watching The Vols!

The first weekend we spent together was Labor Day 2012. We rented a cabin in Pigeon Forge and as we were loading the car Monday morning, she said we needed to get home by 8:00 to watch FSU/Pitt on ESPN. I knew right then that she was the one. Also, no Oprah nor View ever!

My wife (of 5 days) knows what time and what channel all the SEC games are on every Saturday - and of course plans our day around watching The Vols!

The first weekend we spent together was Labor Day 2012. We rented a cabin in Pigeon Forge and as we were loading the car Monday morning, she said we needed to get home by 8:00 to watch FSU/Pitt on ESPN. I knew right then that she was the one. Also, no Oprah nor View ever!

Sound very similar to my wife. She's perfectly happy to wake up on a football Saturday, make snacks, and sit and watch games all day long.

What a game! Our church had got together at my pastors house to watch it. 20 dawg fans, and me. The second half my wife saw the crazy! I was locked out by the end of the game!

My wife and I share the same passion for Vol football and we are planning on passing that passion down to both our sons.

She loves going and tail gating at games as much as I do and loves getting up on Saturday and watching college game day and all the games. I'm pretty lucky when it comes to that aspect of our marriage.

For sure. I see so many guys who reduce their sports spectating in the courting period, and then when they want to take some power back after they got their lady hooked, they have trouble with it.

I watched an insane amount of sports in my first few years with my wife. I don't watch as much anymore, but I still watch a lot, and she's happy about how much I watch because it's all relative. 10 years together, and I've watched as much sports as I've wanted to.

I still watch an insane amount of sports. I'll be watching sports center for the second time in a row and my wife will ask 'Does it ever occur to you to watch some NEWS and find out what's going on?'
My response: 'I AM watching the news.'

Reactions: 2 people
Wife of nine days just showed me the promo for cheap season tickets...she isn't crazy about going to games but wanted to make sure I was aware just in case.

I'm telling you, Bros, I got me a 5 Star!

You got a keeper!

The first year my wife and I were married, we rented a house in Bryson City the weekend of the 2003 Alabama game. We planned to go out for dinner after the game ended but with all the overtimes and stress, we were both totally exhausted and just ordered pizza to celebrate the victory!

You got a keeper!

The first year my wife and I were married, we rented a house in Bryson City the weekend of the 2003 Alabama game. We planned to go out for dinner after the game ended but with all the overtimes and stress, we were both totally exhausted and just ordered pizza to celebrate the victory!

I watched that one on TV and I was freaking exhausted afterwards. Lol

Getting married today to my favorite Vol fan!

Looking forward to our future together and sharing fall Satudays with my best friend watching us return to the top. She doesn't know what a counter trap is, but she'll learn.

GBO!!!

Thought it would be fun to have a marriage thread that wasn't just about bad ones.

good luck

Speaking of weddings, my GF's best friend decided that she is going to have her wedding on September 12th.............debating on photoshopping some photos with her fiance and some naked kids to see if I can delay or break this thing up.

Just got word that the wedding has been called off/postponed TBD. I didn't even have to do anything.....pretty stoked that I will be able to go to the game now :)

VN Store

Back