Marquette message boards ...

Just laughing because this is probably a microcosm of the perception most of the rest of the country has about our athletic dept., which is that it is inept and a joke.

If you couldn't see it was Fulmer's time to go than I don't know what to tell you.

Look man...I've been mostly having fun, but I'll be serious for a moment.

When I think back to the Kiffin/Pearl era...it was embarrassing. The behavior of the coaches. The behavior of the players. Embarrassing. Dooley too. Everybody talks about the losses where they said enough. When Charlie Baggett left, I was F'n embarrassed, red faced, ashamed and I was DONE with Dooley and HE was done at that very moment because the players were running the program.

It takes time to undo a mess like that and we are on our way...

Now, instead of the Pearl saga getting played out for his final year, every... single... game... all the way to the night of the first and last NCAA game of Pearl's tenure...it's the fans the announcers are talking about. It's embarrassing...and we, because I'm a fan, all get lumped in, whether we participated or not, as bat poop crazy. CCM didn't deserve the treatment he's gotten by the fans, the AD or the boosters...it's embarrassing. Now you're saying it's okay because other fan bases do it or worse...shouldn't we try to be better than that? Especially to a man that didn't do anything wrong but lose a couple of, in the end, meaningless regular season basketball games. He made the S 16 and he's run before his first class can graduate.

I hope you get a coach that can realize your expectations, because the rest of the job description doesn't seem to matter.

That's a reasonable point insofar that our leadership should recruit for and demand discipline from our players.

But the backlash against Martin was his inability to get results out of the talent he had. We had experience and talent on this squad, and Martin failed to get the results he should have in the regular season. It's a valid area of criticism. A good run in the tourney was great, but the regular season was inconsistent and dismal.

I'll accept $1.3M to mentor these young men, make sure they attend class, and keep them out of trouble. But he's also paid to get results on the court. It's just the way it goes in this business.

IMO, he's earned an extension here if he wants it. But the criticism he received is valid - and not just from this season alone.

Reactions: 1 person
#2) We did not try to hire David Cutcliffe any of the three times the job has been open since '08. Cut came out with a statement each time that he was not a candidate for the job implying that he had been offered the job even though he hadn't.
#5) The program was not in disarray in '11. To the contrary, most 1st year coaches don't take over a program that has been to the NCAA Tournament 6 straight years

When I think back to the Kiffin/Pearl era...it was embarrassing. The behavior of the coaches. The behavior of the players. Embarrassing. Dooley too. Everybody talks about the losses where they said enough. When Charlie Baggett left, I was F'n embarrassed, red faced, ashamed and I was DONE with Dooley and HE was done at that very moment because the players were running the program.

Now, instead of the Pearl saga getting played out for his final year, every... single... game... all the way to the night of the first and last NCAA game of Pearl's tenure...it's the fans the announcers are talking about. It's embarrassing...and we, because I'm a fan, all get lumped in, whether we participated or not, as bat poop crazy. CCM didn't deserve the treatment he's gotten by the fans, the AD or the boosters...it's embarrassing. Now you're saying it's okay because other fan bases do it or worse...shouldn't we try to be better than that? Especially to a man that didn't do anything wrong but lose a couple of, in the end, meaningless regular season basketball games. He made the S 16 and he's run before his first class can graduate.

I hope you get a coach that can realize your expectations, because the rest of the job description doesn't seem to matter.

No I didn't say it was okay. People are making it out like its the worst thing and its a stupid petition. FTR, I don't want Pearl back. And winning games is the expectation. Whoever coaches and wins games I'm good...I'm not going to sit here and say I want Martin as a coach because I don't. A sweet 16 was a lot of ppls expectations before this season started. He didn't underachieve or overachieve.

That's a reasonable point insofar that our leadership should recruit for and demand discipline from our players.

But the backlash against Martin was his inability to get results out of the talent he had. We had experience and talent on this squad, and Martin failed to get the results he should have in the regular season. It's a valid area of criticism. A good run in the tourney was great, but the regular season was inconsistent and dismal.

I'll accept $1.3M to mentor these young men, make sure they attend class, and keep them out of trouble. But he's also paid to get results on the court. It's just the way it goes in this business.

IMO, he's earned an extension here if he wants it. But the criticism he received is valid - and not just from this season alone.

You sir need to learn the difference between criticism and stupidity.

Hopping on a message board and doing a little good old fashioned arm chair coaching is one thing. What's gone on here is something else.

That's true. If he returns he's looking at almost assuredly a worse result with a program that's completely his than he had this year with partial ownership.

So rather than grab an extra year or two here, he can leverage this into another 3-4 year payday from Marquette. Same thing he did at Missouri State when he lost 4 of his top 5 players and the next coach won 10 less games the first year and 15 less the second with the Martin leftovers.

Lmao at acting as if next year is a guaranteed disaster waiting on Zo

No I didn't say it was okay. People are making it out like its the worst thing and its a stupid petition. FTR, I don't want Pearl back. And winning games is the expectation. Whoever coaches and wins games I'm good...I'm not going to sit here and say I want Martin as a coach because I don't. A sweet 16 was a lot of ppls expectations before this season started. He didn't underachieve or overachieve.

I apologize for directing it at you, I don't know who signed the petition, or called the talk shows saying and I quote, "the players should thank us for signing that petition" or the guy that left the comment on the petition, "Black man can't coach" that made me so mad I came on here and made a ruckus about it, enough to get it removed.

Wait until the season is over. EVERYTIME. JUST WAIT.

I'm not directing this at any ONE person but to the wider audience that thinks this type of behavior is okay.

I've come to expect this type stuff from the admin, but I...remember the moving vans for Battle, I thought the fans were past that.

Reactions: 3 people
Lmao at acting as if next year is a guaranteed disaster waiting on Zo

All I have to go on is what's in front of me. And that's bad starts to every season.

Next season it will be, at best, counting on a sophomore/freshman PG rather than a senior/freshman. Next season we'll go from having a known in Maymon to everyone praying we get a transfer from a TSU team that went 5-25 to fill that role. Also to hoping that Stokes will come back and that Hubbs comes back from an injury in full blown Jordy as a senior mode.

As I've posted before, if everything goes right I could see us having a similar season to this one in the regular season. Bubble team and fans howling again.

If Stokes goes, the TSU guy doesn't transfer here, Hubbs looks more like he was looking when he was playing this season, because he's still green, and all the freshman look like freshmen, it could get rough.

Let them laugh. Who cares. It's a frigging private Catholic school in Milwaukee Wisconsin. They have to laugh or they would cry for being stuck up there in Milwaukee.

Your reading comprehension is atrocious. Twice you've repeated this phrase, and not only has it been denied twice, it was never mentioned in the first place.

Quit with your "holier than thou" speeches. They're complete straw-man rants. Many people don't care how "moral" you consider the coach to be as long as they win, and you're naive to think said morality is as big a deal as the wins.

Your reading comprehension is atrocious. Twice you've repeated this phrase, and not only has it been denied twice, it was never mentioned in the first place.

Quit with your "holier than thou" speeches. They're complete straw-man rants. Many people don't care how "moral" you consider the coach to be as long as they win, and you're naive to think said morality is as big a deal as the wins.

"Were not the first to start a petition. You act like Tennessee has the worst fan base of any school and that's ridiculous"

I responded to that.

You sir need to learn the difference between criticism and stupidity.

Hopping on a message board and doing a little good old fashioned arm chair coaching is one thing. What's gone on here is something else.

Dude! NAIL US TO THE FREAKING CROSS ALREADY!!!...How is Cuonzo supposed to move on and build from this tourney success...if his freaking DISCIPLES CAN'T?

are a great source of entertainment. This guy pretty much wrapped up our inept athletic dept with this post:

"Really, you're going to support UT boosters and Administration? They're the smart ones in this scenario?

Let's look at a few facts...

1. Football is top priority at UT - School s**t cans national championship coach and hasn't competed for SEC since
2. UT can't hire football coach away from Duke, that's right Duke.
3. UT hires the moral pillar Bruce Pearl to helm the BBall program - he enjoys great success
4. In a huge surprise to absolutely nobody, Pearl turns out not to be such a great guy and gets s**t canned
5. New coach takes a program in disarray and improves it steadily over three seasons - many boosters treat him like a second class citizen at UT and lobby to get Pearl back.

The above hardly looks like wisdom in action."

Ignorance is pitiful

Our Athletic Department is a mess that won't be cleaned until the removal of Jimmy The Cheek who has no interest in our teams unless it comes to looting them.

Our Athletic Department is a mess that won't be cleaned until the removal of Jimmy The Cheek who has no interest in our teams unless it comes to looting them.

His interests are looting athletic teams and eating boogers:sick::yuck:

If you have a young man playing for any coach, then morality should be a very big deal. Sadly, that is a big problem in our country today. Morality ranks far below winning to most people.

VN Store

Back