Marquette message boards ...

silly? show me where else a fanbase started a petition to rehire a proven cheater midway through the season,,,,
that **** is crazy,,,,,,just like reggie miller said on national tv,,,u know who u are. its damn embarrassing is what it is,,
talk about no respect.......what ever happened to let the season play out?
make no mistake about it guys......we have embarrassed ourselves nationally.......tea bag anyone?
That sums it up.

Reactions: 1 person
silly? show me where else a fanbase started a petition to rehire a proven cheater midway through the season,,,,
that **** is crazy,,,,,,just like reggie miller said on national tv,,,u know who u are. its damn embarrassing is what it is,,
make no mistake about it guys......we have embarrassed ourselves nationally.......tea bag anyone?

tea bag...? I'm thinking full on donkey punch.

Where is Marquette anyway?

Only joking...somewhat. All I have to say is that wolves don't worry about the thoughts of sheep.

Father Marquette & a guy named Joliet were early explorers & I think discovered beer, brats & :whistling:pACKERS!

Last edited:

Okay.....lets go over some of the things fan bases have done...

Wake Forest fans have created two billboards in two years demanding the firing of their coach. They've taken out ads in newspapers, websites, t shirts everything to fire their coach.

Washington State fans started a petition to fire their coach

Ole Miss fans sold cups, hats, flags and even flew a plane over their stadium that said "Be a nutcracker Fire Houston" when Nutt was their coach.

That's just a few. Were not the first to start a petition. You act like Tennessee has the worst fan base of any school and that's ridiculous.

Reactions: 4 people
Okay.....lets go over some of the things fan bases have done...

Wake Forest fans have created two billboards in two years demanding the firing of their coach. They've taken out ads in newspapers, websites, t shirts everything to fire their coach.

Washington State fans started a petition to fire their coach

Ole Miss fans sold cups, hats, flags and even flew a plane over their stadium that said "Be a nutcracker Fire Houston" when Nutt was their coach.

That's just a few. Were not the first to start a petition. You act like Tennessee has the worst fan base of any school and that's ridiculous.

So that makes it okay or you want to be like them?

Reactions: 3 people
International Skating Union (ISU): Open Investigation into Judging Decisions of Women's Figure Skating and Demand Rejudgement at the Sochi Olympics

Over 2 million e sigs...And we are crazy?

Have you ever taken a look at those petition sites? They are jokes, no one takes them seriously.

Which of the following make the most sense as a reason to leave?

1. To move closer to "home"

2. (allegedly) Lost support of boosters. You know, those with strings on campus.

3. Striking while the iron is hot. Get a raise based on your recent sweet 16 run.

4. Butt hurt because 36k people you do not personally know signed a meaningless online petition to rehire Bruce Pearl IF....yes IF you were to be fired at the end of the season.

Yes, thats right, did any of you actually read the petition? It wasn't to fire Martin and hire Pearl. If was to hire Pearl if Martin were to be let go at the end of the season. Maybe not the classiest of moves, but still.

Last edited:
So that makes it okay or you want to be like them?

I didn't say that. Its the people acting like that silly petition destroys us in landing another coach or the fan base did the worst thing they've ever seen when plenty of other fans have done similar or worse things.

The petition was not what has driven CCM away, if he has gone. I would think the pay raise and increased financial security for his family are a big plus. Fans are gonna be what they are wherever they are.

The petition was not what has driven CCM away, if he has gone. I would think the pay raise and increased financial security for his family are a big plus. Fans are gonna be what the are wherever they are.

That and he lost support from the boosters

I honestly have no idea where Marquette is and can only remember them because they've messed my bracket up a couple times.

I really couldn't give a rats behind what a bunch of cheese heads from the frozen tundra, or some retired player turned announcer happens to think about the whole situation. They can sit and spin, or go outside and dig out from the latest blizzard. That's the problem with most Yankees, they just can't mind their own darn business.

The petition was not what has driven CCM away, if he has gone. I would think the pay raise and increased financial security for his family are a big plus. Fans are gonna be what they are wherever they are.

That's true. If he returns he's looking at almost assuredly a worse result with a program that's completely his than he had this year with partial ownership.

So rather than grab an extra year or two here, he can leverage this into another 3-4 year payday from Marquette. Same thing he did at Missouri State when he lost 4 of his top 5 players and the next coach won 10 less games the first year and 15 less the second with the Martin leftovers.

Father Marquette & a guy named Joliet were early explorers & I think discovery beer, brats & :whistling:pACKERS!

Were they both Catholic? They aren't by chance the real founders of the Boy Scouts, are they?

I really couldn't give a rats behind what a bunch of cheese heads from the frozen tundra, or some retired player turned announcer happens to think about the whole situation. They can sit and spin, or go outside and dig out from the latest blizzard. That's the problem with most Yankees and gator fans, they just can't mind their own darn business.

fyp

the sad part is....the list should have been longer than that

I didn't say that. Its the people acting like that silly petition destroys us in landing another coach or the fan base did the worst thing they've ever seen when plenty of other fans have done similar or worse things.

Look man...I've been mostly having fun, but I'll be serious for a moment.

When I think back to the Kiffin/Pearl era...it was embarrassing. The behavior of the coaches. The behavior of the players. Embarrassing. Dooley too. Everybody talks about the losses where they said enough. When Charlie Baggett left, I was F'n embarrassed, red faced, ashamed and I was DONE with Dooley and HE was done at that very moment because the players were running the program.

It takes time to undo a mess like that and we are on our way...

Now, instead of the Pearl saga getting played out for his final year, every... single... game... all the way to the night of the first and last NCAA game of Pearl's tenure...it's the fans the announcers are talking about. It's embarrassing...and we, because I'm a fan, all get lumped in, whether we participated or not, as bat poop crazy. CCM didn't deserve the treatment he's gotten by the fans, the AD or the boosters...it's embarrassing. Now you're saying it's okay because other fan bases do it or worse...shouldn't we try to be better than that? Especially to a man that didn't do anything wrong but lose a couple of, in the end, meaningless regular season basketball games. He made the S 16 and he's run before his first class can graduate.

I hope you get a coach that can realize your expectations, because the rest of the job description doesn't seem to matter.

Reactions: 10 people
are a great source of entertainment. This guy pretty much wrapped up our inept athletic dept with this post:

"Really, you're going to support UT boosters and Administration? They're the smart ones in this scenario?

Let's look at a few facts...

1. Football is top priority at UT - School s**t cans national championship coach and hasn't competed for SEC since
2. UT can't hire football coach away from Duke, that's right Duke.
3. UT hires the moral pillar Bruce Pearl to helm the BBall program - he enjoys great success
4. In a huge surprise to absolutely nobody, Pearl turns out not to be such a great guy and gets s**t canned
5. New coach takes a program in disarray and improves it steadily over three seasons - many boosters treat him like a second class citizen at UT and lobby to get Pearl back.

The above hardly looks like wisdom in action."

It's overly simplistic, but sadly spot-on.

They skipped the part where we hired a guy famous for having a dad that used to be good at something. Twice.

Reactions: 2 people
Look man...I've been mostly having fun, but I'll be serious for a moment.

When I think back to the Kiffin/Pearl era...it was embarrassing. The behavior of the coaches. The behavior of the players. Embarrassing. Dooley too. Everybody talks about the losses where they said enough. When Charlie Baggett left, I was F'n embarrassed, red faced, ashamed and I was DONE with Dooley and HE was done at that very moment because the players were running the program.

It takes time to undo a mess like that and we are on our way...

Now, instead of the Pearl saga getting played out for his final year, every... single... game... all the way to the night of the first and last NCAA game of Pearl's tenure...it's the fans the announcers are talking about. It's embarrassing...and we, because I'm a fan, all get lumped in, whether we participated or not, as bat poop crazy. CCM didn't deserve the treatment he's gotten by the fans, the AD or the boosters...it's embarrassing. Now you're saying it's okay because other fan bases do it or worse...shouldn't we try to be better than that? Especially to a man that didn't do anything wrong but lose a couple of, in the end, meaningless regular season basketball games. He made the S 16 and he's run before his first class can graduate.

I hope you get a coach that can realize your expectations, because the rest of the job description doesn't seem to matter.

Lot of truth here.

VN Store

Back