Marlon Walls defending culture at UT.

Finebaum spends ton of time on allegations of a non-credible accuser in Peyton allegation yet spends zero time on the fact the accuser has proven to be a scam artist. He also knows the legal game and yet was reporting allegations as facts in the Bowles incident. in his warped world, he knows baseless allegations get more clicks than due process facts. I know Butch can't ban him or deny all of his mediA requests but if I was Butch, I'd not make it easy on him next year. I'd stick it to him like he has clearly enjoyed sticking it to us this week. And all the sucking up he did to Butch last Fall clearly shows FinebAum sticks his finger up to see how the political winds are blowing. He smelled blood and thought Butch wouldn't survive so he was burying Butch. That is what you get with old Paul.

And this is why even ESPN is treading so lightly on all of this...what happens when UT is a Top 5 program
and poor old ESPN has no access? But of course I dont watch First Take so I have no idea what those
idiots are saying.

Reactions: 2 people
Makes me proud of my team, my university,and the character of the men that Butch is producing. That young man defended his family. Our family! He did it because he believed in his family and we have been lacking in that for a while.

Exactly what the hell it means!!!!!! If you take time to listen to what he said not sure that was good for the University legally.. In my opinion he rocked but with the legal issues we have not sure it was good, I'm not an attorney and that's why I asked for opinions not smarta$$ remarks...

Marlon Walls - ESPN

Looks like someone peed in someone's corn flakes

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not sure the "protest" yesterday was good for the plaintiffs. If the campus had a rape culture, more than 12 would protesting. A lot more.

I know Finebaum is smart enough to attempt at appearing impartial in all of this....but he did the exact opposite...I'm trying to see all of this clearly without orange colored glasses, but Lord he sure seems like he wants/knows Tn to be guilty....or ride the wave and then criticize losing party

I agree....he seems to have agenda.......against the Manning's and UT...I thought it curious yesterday he brought up on his show that he was honored by UT coupled years ago. He said he was given the tour the whole dog and pony show. Then followed that up with saying yeah in the end all they wanted was money.. Then said basically I've got news for them, I don't have any.

So we shouldn't have LET HIM do it, huh? :hmm:

When he said "legally", I think he means "from a legal liability standpoint".

Of course he can say whatever he wants. Just saying that it's not the best thing when you're trying to control the message to have people showing up on random talk shows where they'll get follow up questions. Anybody that played during the time in question has to know that they need to choose their words carefully.

Reactions: 1 person
Exactly what the hell it means!!!!!! If you take time to listen to what he said not sure that was good for the University legally.. In my opinion he rocked but with the legal issues we have not sure it was good, I'm not an attorney and that's why I asked for opinions not smarta$$ remarks...

Marlon Walls - ESPN

I didn't mean to be a smart mouth. I apologize.

Anybody just hear Marlon's interview with Swain? Wow...just wow. Let's just say that the media can cut up his comments and crush Tennessee even further. He didn't exactly help Butch here.

Anybody just hear Marlon's interview with Swain? Wow...just wow. Let's just say that the media can cut up his comments and crush Tennessee even further. He didn't exactly help Butch here.

Summary? Should we have our Sertas at the ready?

When he said "legally", I think he means "from a legal liability standpoint".

Of course he can say whatever he wants. Just saying that it's not the best thing when you're trying to control the message to have people showing up on random talk shows where they'll get follow up questions. Anybody that played during the time in question has to know that they need to choose their words carefully.

Sometimes we need to fret less about things (and people) we have no control over. Personally I'm tired of waiting for the latest salvo from ESPN talking heads and writers who have never even met Butch. Can't see how former players who have first hand knowledge, speaking out can be more or even equal to the hit we're taking by the hour. If they want to add Walls, I'm sure there's plenty of room next to Peyton and Lil John...stop the madness! :wacko:

I get what you're saying and I had the same thought.

Walls has no connection to the case and he didn't say anything that would be allowed in court or that the plaintiffs attorney would want allowed in. LOL if anything the defense may ask former players as character witnesses but I even doubt that. Everyone can relax.

Sometimes we need to fret less about things (and people) we have no control over. Personally I'm tired of waiting for the latest salvo from ESPN talking heads and writers who have never even met Butch. Can't see how former players who have first hand knowledge, speaking out can be more or even equal to the hit we're taking by the hour. If they want to add Walls, I'm sure there's plenty of room next to Peyton and Lil John...stop the madness! :wacko:

I think it's refreshing that these guys are speaking out to combat these accusations. In a world where people are afraid to speak up outside of being anonymous, it's an encouraging change of pace.

Reactions: 3 people
Walls has no connection to the case and he didn't say anything that would be allowed in court or that the plaintiffs attorney would want allowed in. LOL if anything the defense may ask former players as character witnesses but I even doubt that. Everyone can relax.

Hey! Hadn't seen you in awhile...course I was gone. :wavey:

I think it's refreshing that these guys are speaking out to combat these accusations. In a world where people are afraid to speak up outside of being anonymous, it's an encouraging change of pace.

Right? Getting tired of this freedom of speech crap flowing in only one direction. :aggressive:

Couldn't have done any more damage than a typical Mike & Mike episode.

Summary? Should we have our Sertas at the ready?

He said some good, positive things like "Butch has always preached to us about how you treat a female the right way"....said they had seminars, speakers, etc....that Butch fostered a respectful family atmosphere.

But then he essentially said that you don't rat out your brother, you never air dirty laundry to the media, you circle the wagons if one of your teammates is in trouble or has even done something wrong. That you're taught to protect your teammate at all cost. That Bowles was wrong to testify at all when "he wasn't in the room"....

Did say that yes the guys wanted a shot at Bowles but Butch told the team that anybody who touched Drae or started an altercation with him would be kicked off the team.

I'll put it this way....as soon as the interview was over, Swain has spent the last 45 minutes trying to help interpret what Marlon said and has said that he was wrong several times with what he said this morning. If the Knoxville or national media get ahold of this interview, they'll have an absolute field day IMO.

I agree, but in today's climate, those that speak out are accused of victim bashing. From where I sit, there are only alleged victims whose actions have been less than victim like. Hiding evidence, throwing away phones, declining to prosecute...etc.

If anything, the alleged perpetrators are victims as well. Their names are being drug through the mud, and their character is being assassinated. If they are found not guilty, it will take years to repair their image.

He said some good, positive things like "Butch has always preached to us about how you treat a female the right way"....said they had seminars, speakers, etc....that Butch fostered a respectful family atmosphere.

But then he essentially said that you don't rat out your brother, you never air dirty laundry to the media, you circle the wagons if one of your teammates is in trouble or has even done something wrong. That you're taught to protect your teammate at all cost. That Bowles was wrong to testify at all when "he wasn't in the room"....

Did say that yes the guys wanted a shot at Bowles but Butch told the team that anybody who touched Drae or started an altercation with him would be kicked off the team.

I'll put it this way....as soon as the interview was over, Swain has spent the last 45 minutes trying to help interpret what Marlon said and has said that he was wrong several times with what he said this morning. If the Knoxville or national media get ahold of this interview, they'll have an absolute field day IMO.

They have a field day over anything...let em chew. Get more players out there...they'll wear themselves out.

I agree, but in today's climate, those that speak out are accused of victim bashing. From where I sit, there are only alleged victims whose actions have been less than victim like. Hiding evidence, throwing away phones, declining to prosecute...etc.

If anything, the alleged perpetrators are victims as well. Their names are being drug through the mud, and their character is being assassinated. If they are found not guilty, it will take years to repair their image.

ANYBODY that plays at Tennessee right now is branded. Just sit in the fetal position? Open the floodgates I say! :rock:

He's not a representative of the university. He's a free damn man! How are you bringing LEGALITY into this?

Because he actually took part in athletics at UT. His opinion and/or "facts"may never be analyzed in a court of law but he shouldn't spout information off especially if it is false considering his ties. The facts not may add up if CBJ is claiming nothing happened and then Walls adding more to Bowles being protected situation. More than likely it won't affect it but there is s possibility.

VN Store

Back