Mark Richt Press Conference

I've probably heard Mark Richt speak about 10 times. He's a nice guy. He seems genuine. But the idea that he is a breath of fresh air is nuts. Half the time when I hear him speak I want to attach a heart monitor to him in case he slips into a coma.

Yes, he is a breath of fresh air compared to CPF.

Coors Lite does it with NFL coaches. That would be good with Haystacks.

"Coach, why are some of your players not drinking Coors Lite?"

"We are too young and inexperienced in a lot of areas."

"Coach, someone broke the keg tap!"

"We are working like heck to get that fixed."

Hat, I've got a serious question: have you always been like this, or was this something you deliberately trained yourself to do?

I ask this as an insomniac-my-whole-life father of a two-year-old who still doesn't sleep through the night very well. I've often thought that if I could somehow just learn to get by with less sleep, my entire life would be better. I wouldn't be walking through a fog for the first three hours of every single day. But that's always just seemed akin to wanting to jump out of the window and fly. If you made a conscious effort to make yourself get by on so little sleep -- as I've read that Bill Clinton apparently did, for example -- I'd be really interested to hear how you went about it.
I've never required much sleep. The only advice I ever received was from a physician friend. Once we ascertained that the lack of sleep was not having any deleterious effects on my health, he advised me to drink lots of water and the extra hours in my day productively.

VN Store

Back