Mark Richt Press Conference

man that got me fired up, someone needs to start a new thread..."best coach quotes ever"

Contrast to Fulmer's style . . . now watching UT press conference. Fulmer still says our punt coverage isn't that poor, as a clip should've been called on D. Jackson's punt return. Makes us feel better, Coach.

Irritating...Fulmer constantly acts the living fan to suspend disbelief.

The constant mantra is for them to tell us what we're seeing isn't what we're seeing, i.e. we're actually not bad on punt coverage, it just looks that way.

Irritating...Fulmer constantly acts the living fan to suspend disbelief.

The constant mantra is for them to tell us what we're seeing isn't what we're seeing, i.e. we're actually not bad on punt coverage, it just looks that way.
I don't care for the excuses either. Just man up.

People typically practice selective hearing. You expect to hear excuses - that's only what you hear.

People typically practice selective hearing. You expect to hear excuses - that's only what you hear.

What have you been hearing the past three seasons, oh enlightened non-selective hearing one?

We are but humble peasents in the midst of such glorious insight.:crazy:

I hear "ugh, we got some tough breaks, you know, ugh, our kids work hard, you know, and ugh, we're just gonna review the film tomorrow and see where we need to improve and ugh, next week we're gonna hit it hard. We're gonna ugh, get out there and sweat, and ugh, gotta improve the short game, long ball, passing defense, stopping the run". . . etc etc etc etc.

See, I asked form explination, and all you say is that I missed what is apparently right in front of me.
I can tell someone they are wrong all day long, but it is slightly more difficult to actually prove it.

Contrast to Fulmer's style . . . now watching UT press conference. Fulmer still says our punt coverage isn't that poor, as a clip should've been called on D. Jackson's punt return. Makes us feel better, Coach.
What else would you expect from prince phillip.

Like I said - you only hear what you want. You should listen next time.

I listened to him say there was a clip on Jackson's PR for TD for the 20th time in his press conference TODAY. Is that selective or did I imagine that?

In Fulmer's defense, Rich Brooks makes CPF look like Tony Robbins.
you've never seen a John Fox presser have you?

if i hear "it is what it is" one more time, i don't know what i'm going to do.:crazy:

I've probably heard Mark Richt speak about 10 times. He's a nice guy. He seems genuine. But the idea that he is a breath of fresh air is nuts. Half the time when I hear him speak I want to attach a heart monitor to him in case he slips into a coma.

On a lighter note, Gruden's presser yesterday morning was classic. Some great stuff about Manning and Dungy.

What did he say?
He talked at length about how great he thinks Manning is. Talked a bit about the game a few years back when Indy came back from 35-14 down in the fourth quarter to beat Tampa. Then, a reporter asked him about he and Dungy being "legends" in Tampa. Gruden said Dungy was a legend. He followed that up by saying "I'm just glad I was able to drive to work this morning without my hat on sideways." I have utterly no idea what that means, but everyone in the media room apparently thought it was hilarious.

He talked at length about how great he thinks Manning is. Talked a bit about the game a few years back when Indy came back from 35-14 down in the fourth quarter to beat Tampa. Then, a reporter asked him about he and Dungy being "legends" in Tampa. Gruden said Dungy was a legend. He followed that up by saying "I'm just glad I was able to drive to work this morning without my hat on sideways." I have utterly no idea what that means, but everyone in the media room apparently thought it was hilarious.

Maybe he meant he usually sleeps as late as he can, jumps up at the last minute to rush into work, whereas the perception of Dungy is he always is prepared, gets up in plenty of time to gather all his senses before embarking on his journey to greatness... :p

Maybe he meant he usually sleeps as late as he can, jumps up at the last minute to rush into work, whereas the perception of Dungy is he always is prepared, gets up in plenty of time to gather all his senses before embarking on his journey to greatness... :p
Considering Gruden sleeps three hours a night, I doubt that's the meaning.

I know, I just like pointing out that I'm not the only person on the planet psychotic enough to only sleep 3-4 hours a night.
I've heard a lot of type A, successful people are like that. However, I sorta tend to admire John Travolta who admits on the Tonight Show that he regularly stays up all night, goes to bed after sunrise and sleeps all day in a darkened room.... :crazy:

In Fulmer's defense, Rich Brooks makes CPF look like Tony Robbins.

Almost nothing in the tubes of the Internet ever makes me actually laugh out loud, staring at the screen of my laptop. But that did. The idea of Fulmer as Tony Robbins is just too beautiful. "I'll show you how to UNLEASH THE POWER OF WORKING LIKE HECK TO GET BETTER!"

I know, I just like pointing out that I'm not the only person on the planet psychotic enough to only sleep 3-4 hours a night.

Hat, I've got a serious question: have you always been like this, or was this something you deliberately trained yourself to do?

I ask this as an insomniac-my-whole-life father of a two-year-old who still doesn't sleep through the night very well. I've often thought that if I could somehow just learn to get by with less sleep, my entire life would be better. I wouldn't be walking through a fog for the first three hours of every single day. But that's always just seemed akin to wanting to jump out of the window and fly. If you made a conscious effort to make yourself get by on so little sleep -- as I've read that Bill Clinton apparently did, for example -- I'd be really interested to hear how you went about it.

VN Store

Back