Mark Richt has lost control of the Cincinnati Bengals

It's a penalty just like holding or blocking in the back....... Randolph is not a dirty player but he had the same kind of penalty against South Carolina

Aside from both deserving penalties, those two plays have little in common. As I recall it, the play that Randolph got tossed for against SC was on a long pass where he came at a full sprint across the field trying to make a play on a receiver and the two players helmets happened to collide. Last night, the Bengals threw a short pass to a RB, Shazier sat there in coverage watching the whole thing develop, waited for Bernard to turn around, and speared him square in the face.

Aside from both deserving penalties, those two plays have little in common. As I recall it, the play that Randolph got tossed for against SC was on a long pass where he came at a full sprint across the field trying to make a play on a receiver and the two players helmets happened to collide. Last night, the Bengals threw a short pass to a RB, Shazier sat there in coverage watching the whole thing develop, waited for Bernard to turn around, and speared him square in the face.

potayto potahto, apparently

potayto potahto, apparently

After just watching the Randolph play, the play was unfolding in a way that Randolph was thinking he was going to have to either break up a pass, or make a TD saving tackle. As it turned out, another DB deflected it, and Randolph just decked a defenseless Cooper. That said, he went in with his head up and led with his shoulder, but still hit him so hard that their helmets collided. Not at all similar to what happened last night.

I think you have Tennessee blinders on.... Why would Shazier intentionally try to spear him in the face in a playoff game..... He does not have that reputation at all..... When the running back turned he went lower than he was when he caught the ball... Shazier was trying to nail him and dislodge the ball...Anyways we beat the hater Bengals and sent them to the house.

Why would Shazier intentionally try to spear him in the face in a playoff game

Nobody in the game was making smart decisions on either side. The players were doing very stupid things all over the place. Do you really think anyone needed a reason to do something stupid like an illegal hard hit?

Reactions: 1 person
Nobody in the game was making smart decisions on either side. The players were doing very stupid things all over the place. Do you really think anyone needed a reason to do something stupid like an illegal hard hit?

Also, I'm sure there were countless dirty/cheap shots that occurred away from the ball that we never actually saw on TV. That was as intense a playoff game as I can recall seeing in a long time.

Also, I'm sure there were countless dirty/cheap shots that occurred away from the ball that we never actually saw on TV. That was as intense a playoff game as I can recall seeing in a long time.

I'm sure a Steelers/Ravens game was equally bad. Also maybe a matchup of NFC East opponents.

Yes he does. He has Steelers blinders on.

The NFL is going to have to address the helmet rule. Nobody really knows and the officials are the worst. If a receiver lowers his head as contact is being made they almost always call the penalty on the defensive player. That's bull. Either make it nobody can lower their head or if the receiver lowers his in the action, it negates a penalty call on the defensive player. Same with the QB hits in the helmet. They will duck their heads and get hit in the helmet. How is a defensive player supposed to avoid that? They can't. The NFL can single out all helmet to helmet or targeting penalties for review. They review other stuff, they need to do them as well.

I watched the game. It was a classless display on both sides. Munch gets a penalty called on him as a coach grabbing at a Bengal and yelling on the sideline. Cut the crap. Joey Porter runs out on the field cussing everybody out during the mess. No call. Shazier's was the classic helmet to helmet with intent. No call. Yet, when the Bengals did stuff they were penalized, as they should have been. That's when it all ignited.

But any team that retains the services of Burfict and Jones deserves to lose. Lewis got lucky as a DC with the Ravens once, then gets the Cincy gig with one of the biggest doofus owners in the NFL. Congrats, you deserve each other.

My Steelers were giftwrapped that one by a bunch of classless thugs. The fans were just as classless, throwing bottles at Ben and cheering when he got injured. No wonder why they can't win a playoff game ...

If classlessness lost football games the Patriots would be 0-16

the Bengals just did what the Bengals do. Anyone that expected otherwise was lying to themselves.

VN Store

Back