Manning on coaching rumors

My sister-in-law's best friend was flying to Charlotte and had to go to the bathroom so went up to the first class restrooms. When she was walking through she saw Gruden and Manning who were flying in First Class in an intense conversation while looking at TN plays on their IPads with notepads titled 'list of potential assistant coaches' and '2018 Recruits'. On they way back from the bathroom they had put up their stuff and were pretending to sleep. I think it is happening. ANNOUNCEMENT MUST BE COMING SOON.

My brother-in-law's step-son's girlfriend was working that flight, she's a flight attendant. She said she helped some passenger find a vacant lavatory up in first class, then went back to serving a champagne-caviar brunch to the first class passengers, and saw Peyton slip a thin document with a light blue dustcover out of his attache case. She couldn't read everything on the cover in the brief glimpse she got, but it definitely said, "Players' Guide to Politics in Tennessee" on it, and she's convinced she saw Gruden lip-synch "Mister Governor" to Peyton when he thought no one could see.

So, there's that.

Should've given some more context IMO especially since Battle was our HBC from 70-76 prior to being fired and replaced with Majors.

Edit: not to mention that Battle was never wanted by Bama as a coach.

I think he decided it was more fulfilling to be a multi-millionaire businessman than getting replaced cause Johnny came marching home.

Thanks for the history lesson - you're obviously the only one here that knows anything about Battle and the collegiate licensing business he started.

Raise your hand it you didn't know that Bill Battle is a multi millionaire after forming his own company basically gaining exclusive rights to college sports apparel for universities across the nation before Alabama hired him as an AD when Mal Moore retired. He played for Bear Bryant, so he's a natural fit at Bama.

Context.........how much you need?

Glad to see you're catching up.

VN Store

Back