Madden is terrible

I haven't bought a Madden since Vick was on the cover. This year, I haven't put 'AA in my xbox since Madden came out. Could they have done better with the announcers? Sure they could. A coin flip animation gripe is extremely whiney.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

There are a lot of variables in determining how fast an object falls to the ground. It is possible for a 500 lb weight to fall at the same rate but not guaranteed. The coin toss is far from a deal breaker regardless but you would expect a much more polished game. The gameplay itself is terrible.

Kay... there is one variable: mass to surface area ratio (buoyancy and air resistance)

Since a coin is not a feather, balloon or piece of paper, argument is moot, bro. I think Madden wins on this one!

I haven't bought a Madden since Vick was on the cover. This year, I haven't put 'AA in my xbox since Madden came out. Could they have done better with the announcers? Sure they could. A coin flip animation gripe is extremely whiney.

That is just one animation. There are a lot. Fg's look crappy. The officials at warp speed. Gameplay itself is the worst part.

I guess when you don't play online versus random people you don't see how bad the gameplay is. The stupid animations aren't that big of a deal but that's the only thing some people seem to hear.

Don't really see the gripe about gameplay to be honest. To each their own, though. Personally, I've found madden to be way more fair and balanced, while NCAA is far from either of those things.

As far as the coin toss goes......it's a coin toss.......and this is coming from someone who geeks out about presentation. Honestly I've never even realized that problem to begin while watching the coin being flipped.

I guess when you don't play online versus random people you don't see how bad the gameplay is. The stupid animations aren't that big of a deal but that's the only thing some people seem to hear.

Wouldn't really say that either. 90% of the games I've played so far in madden are random ranked online matches and I've found no problem with the gameplay or the animations. In fact, I've probably enjoyed the gameplay more when playing online because I've found it to be pretty fair with little to no BS as far as exploits go, which results in the better player almost always getting rewarded with the victory....which is how it should be IMO.

I'm also pretty sure that most of return2powers's games have been through OTP against other random teams, so don't really see the footing for the "you only see the flaws online"argument there either.

Last edited:
Wouldn't really say that either. 90% of the games I've played so far in madden are random ranked online matches and I've found no problem with the gameplay or the animations. In fact, I've probably enjoyed the gameplay more when playing online because I've found it to be pretty fair with little to no BS as far as exploits go, which results in the better player almost always getting rewarded with the victory....which is how it should be IMO.

I'm also pretty sure that most of return2powers's games have been through OTP against other random teams, so don't really see the footing for the "you only see the flaws online"argument there either.

The coin toss isn't a big deal I was just pointing it out because somebody pointed it out to me. As far as gameplay goes it reminds me of NCAA 11 where defense as a whole is weak & I've seen plays from guys that were borderline unstoppable. I got the game thinking it would be like you stated but it's not. You're right presentation isnt a big deal with me but I guess everybody can keep talking about the animations since I brought it up.

I think the officials are sped up because everyone got tired of them taking 3 hours to decide on first down, or touchdown, etc.

I appreciate it.

The coin toss isn't a big deal I was just pointing it out because somebody pointed it out to me. As far as gameplay goes it reminds me of NCAA 11 where defense as a whole is weak & I've seen plays from guys that were borderline unstoppable. I got the game thinking it would be like you stated but it's not. You're right presentation isnt a big deal with me but I guess everybody can keep talking about the animations since I brought it up.
I've played 30 games online so far, all using quick search random. I've seen more than 40 points scored once. You just suck.

I've played 30 games online so far, all using quick search random. I've seen more than 40 points scored once. You just suck.

Lol it's not about winning or losing the game just sucks. I think I'm 6-3.

Exactly, I haven't seen an unstoppable play yet other than the qb sneak glitch.

Anybody with a pony tail looks like they're wearing an authentic Daniel Boone coonskin cap.

Anybody with a pony tail looks like they're wearing an authentic Daniel Boone coonskin cap.

Not that big of a deal but you would think they could get those graphics right. Looks like it's coming out the back of the helmet & sticking straight out. I think some of the ps2 graphics on previous EA games were better than a lot of the stuff they have now.

The Vol Gamer community is 116-13 in Online Team Play. Im fairly cetain we've had just about every "online experience" that you have....just saying.

The Vol Gamer community is 116-13 in Online Team Play. Im fairly cetain we've had just about every "online experience" that you have....just saying.

Lol. What does that have to do with anything? Was you just trying to toot y'alls own horn. That's a neat feature & I'm sure it's fun but I'm sure there's more individual games than team games & I'm sure there's a guy with a better record than that. Of course none of the things I've mentioned would prevent somebody from having a good record anyway. If you know all the little exploits & go to plays & how to set up a good non conventional D to stop everything then I'm sure the game is a blast. Like I said my record is like 6-3 & had some good games but the gameplay is no better than NCAA the way it was hyped up.

The game is not about money plays or super defenses that stop everything. Every money play can be stopped, especially with the ability to shade your zones. Any defense can be beat. I guess you haven't heard, video game football these days is all about scheme. You're too predictable.

At least I don't suck. My question is why do you complain like a woman?

The game is not about money plays or super defenses that stop everything. Every money play can be stopped, especially with the ability to shade your zones. Any defense can be beat. I guess you haven't heard, video game football these days is all about scheme. You're too predictable.

At least I don't suck. My question is why do you complain like a woman?

I'm sure I could pull some posts up in this forum about your displeasure with some game. Because you make like a game or not does not mean everybody else's opinion isn't s***. I never claimed to be the greatest but I'm far from sucking.

You can find posts about the bugginess of ncaa or the ghosting of dbs through wrs on ncaa. I do think your opinion is straight trash. NCAA is almost unplayable compared to Madden.

OP is entitled to his opinion, no matter how retarded it sounds. Madden this year plays the best game of video football and it isn't remotely close IMO. If you are so against the game, I suppose you could go back to that bug riddled piece of **** AA football game. I don't remember creating a thread saying AA sucked, which it does, you are just pathetically trolling.

There are a lot of variables in determining how fast an object falls to the ground. It is possible for a 500 lb weight to fall at the same rate but not guaranteed. The coin toss is far from a deal breaker regardless but you would expect a much more polished game. The gameplay itself is terrible.

9.8 m/s^2

If you went to college you would know that.

VN Store

Back