LV 2019 Recruiting Thread

There is enough talent for schools to compete with UCONN, but the coaching and system is the difference. Baylor and Texas will have the talent to compete but is the coaching and system up to par?

Going back to the center from Georgia, I was thinking it would have been good for an up and coming Georgia team if she stayed home like Wilson did for South Carolina.

Reactions: 1 person
Vandy: Paige Warren is transferring. Kayla Overbeck and Erin Whalen given permission to TALK to other schools about a transfer. But not given a release from their scholarships (yet) ??

What did you think about her little sister 6’2”. Guard (Teonni Key) ?? 2021

She is good to long at 6-2 and can shoot the ball. Also plays defense for a guard she blocks a lot of shots and hit the glass like her sisiter.

What did you think about her little sister 6’2”. Guard (Teonni Key) ?? 2021

I like her as well! she's a guard so imagine if she grows to 6'4"/6'5" as well and you have her and her big sister together for 2 years one being able to play on the perimeter.

Just imagine a Front Court in 2021 of Cardosa, Kenndy Brown, and Tamera Key as well as her sister at 6'3-6'5" also. That's a really tall team!

Reactions: 2 people
We need a big center with some defensive ability. That is the way you stop those layups. We don't have that now and haven't really had a real effective defensive around the basket player since Parker. We need to find one will make a tremendous difference in our teams overall defense.

We need a big center with some defensive ability. That is the way you stop those layups. We don't have that now and haven't really had a real effective defensive around the basket player since Parker. We need to find one will make a tremendous difference in our teams overall defense.

So true, I miss that, you used to see guards dribble in the paint, see CP and dribble right back out.

They weren't putting up that shot unless they wanted it swatted to half court!

And that`s Tamera Key 6-5 with a long wingspan make no mistake she has a offensive game to.

I like her as well! she's a guard so imagine if she grows to 6'4"/6'5" as well and you have her and her big sister together for 2 years one being able to play on the perimeter.

Just imagine a Front Court in 2021 of Cardosa, Kenndy Brown, and Tamera Key as well as her sister at 6'3-6'5" also. That's a really tall team!

WOW ! that would be crazy

WBB: Kennedy Brown, 6-5 C, Derby HS (KS)—ranked in the top 20 for 2019—has narrowed her list to Baylor, UCLA, Louisville, Oklahoma, Oregon, Oregon State, and Tennessee. Per Raoul..

Here’s what she had to say about the LasyVols

“The history behind that school is amazing,” she said. “They’ve been on my list since the very first list I made. Having watched [Hall of Fame] coach Pat Summitt growing up, that speaks for itself. She was an amazing coach and left behind an amazing legacy there.”

Brown also shared that the campus fit her vision of a place she’d enjoy outside of basketball as well.

“Being on campus, it’s just beautiful there,” the junior center said. “A big thing I’ve also considered is if I don’t end up playing basketball or if something happens, will I be happythere? That tied into that. People there are awesome and super friendly.”

Brown announces her final list of schools | Sports | derbyinformer.com

WBB: Kennedy Brown, 6-5 C, Derby HS (KS)—ranked in the top 20 for 2019—has narrowed her list to Baylor, UCLA, Louisville, Oklahoma, Oregon, Oregon State, and Tennessee. Per Raoul..

Here’s what she had to say about the LasyVols

“The history behind that school is amazing,” she said. “They’ve been on my list since the very first list I made. Having watched [Hall of Fame] coach Pat Summitt growing up, that speaks for itself. She was an amazing coach and left behind an amazing legacy there.”

Brown also shared that the campus fit her vision of a place she’d enjoy outside of basketball as well.

“Being on campus, it’s just beautiful there,” the junior center said. “A big thing I’ve also considered is if I don’t end up playing basketball or if something happens, will I be happythere? That tied into that. People there are awesome and super friendly.”

Brown announces her final list of schools | Sports | derbyinformer.com

Nice! She is proabably going 2 b tuned into the game tomorrow !

Yes, and she could do that along side KK for a few years and if they get Key and the young lady from Hamilton Heights. I would think she would be interested because TN and OSU play.

yes we can use another Sidney Spencer. I like Brown she would help, And getting Key would take the offense and defense to another level.

yes we can use another Sidney Spencer. I like Brown she would help, And getting Key would take the offense and defense to another level.

Don’t forget the girl from Hamilton Heights Kamilla Cordosa.... that could be 6’5 then 6’6” and another 6’6”. Then you have 6’3” coming in 2021 who can play 3-5

According to Raoul, Emily Saunders a 2019 6'5" post out of West Virginia has announced her commitment to the Lady Vols.

Ranked 100 and 20 at her position by ProspectsNation.

Jim

Looking at the picture of Saunders with the coaching staff, it seems that she is a legit 6'4"/6'5". Bridgette Gordon next to her is a true 6'0" and Saunders makes her look short.

Jim

Career stats; not a big-time scorer but is a good rebounder & outstanding shot blocker. Shot a lot better from the field her sophomore year, improved her FT shooting drastically last year but just 33 attempts in 26 games?
Emily Saunders' (New Richmond, WV) Girls Basketball Stats

5a4efba80fdb5.image.jpg

A force on the court: Saunders displays Warrior mentality for Wyoming East | Sports | bdtonline.com

Career stats; not a big-time scorer but is a good rebounder & outstanding shot blocker. Shot a lot better from the field her sophomore year, improved her FT shooting drastically last year but just 33 attempts in 26 games?
Emily Saunders' (New Richmond, WV) Girls Basketball Stats

A force on the court: Saunders displays Warrior mentality for Wyoming East | Sports | bdtonline.com

Wonder if this is indicative of the level of recruiting we can expect from here on out. Meanwhile, I'm watching a future UConn post dunking with the guys at the McDonald's AA game....

Reactions: 3 people
Wonder if this is indicative of the level of recruiting we can expect from here on out. Meanwhile, I'm watching a future UConn post dunking with the guys at the McDonald's AA game....

🤔 coaching aside (which is hard to even think about). We had the # 1 class and then followed it up with another top 5 class. Then we are in on some of the top players in the 2019 class. So this statement seems off basis especially when you look at 4 all Americans followed up by 3 all Americans. So I’m not thinking recruiting has fallen off that badly. Although she is a 2021 and anything can happen don’t forget we have a commit from one of the top players at 6’3” with Candace Parker type positionless skills already in Amani Bartlett (and she is still growing). You also have Treasure Hunt and 6’6” Kamilla C who are top 10 2020 targets and Kennedy Brown is a 6’6” recruit in 2019 that has TN in her top 7. Rickea Jackson and Jordon Horton both top players also are both in contact with TN. Last but not least the Tamari Key (6’5) and her sister (who is a 6’2” wing/guard) have TN on their list as well. So recruiting seems to be ok for now.

The year we played Syracuse, they had a guard ranked in the nineties and DD , Middleton, Jordan and anybody we put on her looked like kids playing with an All American. Except our girls looked like the kids!!!
She made them look like fools...

Reading more about the Saunders recruit. She went to a doctor with a spranged ankle and the doctor noticed her growth plates were still open!!! So at 6’5” and still growing???? Who knows.... several expressions come to mind.
“ You cannot coach a person to have height “ Either you are tall or not! No coach can affect that.

“A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush “ we need some bigs...... I know we are after some bigs that are rated higher. Those higher rated recruits are definitely maybeeeesss.
She is in the class of 2019. Barring exits , we will have nine returning players in 2019. If sister (Hayes ) comes with Saunders...that’s eleven on scholarship with four more available. Time will tell

Last edited:

VN Store

Back