LV 2019 Recruiting Thread

Sorry you can't handle the facts that TN has recruited a slew of McDonald's AA/top recruits that have not panned out. Do you really want to go thru their recruiting class and the results under this coach.
Sure...name one! Please! Just one.and remember players past 40 in rankings were not top recruits. Middleton transferred, Tucker had her career wrecked, Cooper had problems staying in school outside of basketball.Reynolds got drafted higher than her ranking coming into college, not to mention the draft has international players.name one that was a top recruit...AA that didnt start and move on to a professional career.

Reactions: 1 person
Sure...name one! Please! Just one.and remember players past 40 in rankings were not top recruits. Middleton transferred, Tucker had her career wrecked, Cooper had problems staying in school outside of basketball.Reynolds got drafted higher than her ranking coming into college, not to mention the draft has international players.name one that was a top recruit...AA that didnt start and move on to a professional career.

He can't. He went poof.

Reactions: 3 people
Aliyah Boston likely UConn. They have been on her early in recruiting process. She has been seen at multiple games this year including sitting behind UConn bench at ND game with Paige Bueckers 2020 (#6 ranked Hoopgurlz, #3Prospect Nation)) and Azzi Fudd 2021(youngest on the world championship U-16 team). All 3 have been offered and were actively cheering the comeback and win.

Phew sure glad TN was in on her in the 8th grade as well😎... I know the Fudds and Azzi is a sweet girl. She might go to UCONN but in talking to them she had some other schools along with them that caught her eye and her eyes lit up when talking about. I don’t get too personal because I enjoy just talking to them in general. She has grown up around basketball and enjoys good b-ball but her cheering on UCONN over ND ? Meh I would just say she is excited 😬

Also Zia Cooke, Laya Hartman, Tamari Key hold offers. Diamond Miller, Celeste Taylor, Breanna Beal, Kierstan Bell and Lanetta's twin sister Lanyce are getting recruited by Tennessee.

It's a much better class overall vs past few years and a lot of teams have really expanded the number of offers they've made.

My wishlist:
Aliyah Boston and/or Kennedy Brown in the post
Rickea Jackson
Zia Cooke (although I think she is likely to go to Notre Dame or UConn from what I've heard)
Jordan Horston or Diamond Miller
Kierstan Bell

A post or two with an elite point guard and two versatile wing/ forwards. Class of 4-5 depending on who we add this spring, something Holly has said they intend to do by signing one or two more players from HS or Juco. My guess is she'll address post depth and 2019 will be more about adding versatility, although Boston and Brown will be top priority as they are top 10 level talent at the position and overall.

We lose Jackson and Green prior to 2019 class coming in, not Dunbar, Nared or Russell who will be two years gone by the time these guys step on campus.

Even if we get your wish list! Going into the 2019-20 year.... Harris is our only post for that year and your wish players (Boston or Brown) can they start as Freshmen????

My guess is we get a Juco to come in next year (2018) or (2019) ??

Even if we get your wish list! Going into the 2019-20 year.... Harris is our only post for that year and your wish players (Boston or Brown) can they start as Freshmen????

KK is going to be a good player, don't write her off.

Reactions: 3 people

Don't forget about KK

Harris appears to have improved over last year in some phases of her game. KK will get better and Amira, while an unknown to some extent, will bring some game to the hill. I think it is important to sign a really good post or two for next year. Perhaps the staff is thinking of adding a JC or grad transfer but I don't know. I hope that whatever they do, they keep the team playing as a team.

I thought she was a stretch four???

She has worked on her shot to become a stretch four... most of her career she has played in the post making post moves with her back to basket then moved to taking defenders off the dribble now is hitting jumpers from the perimeter. Trust me the girl can rebound and defend if we need her in the post she will cause mismatch problems.

Reactions: 2 people
Collins is going to really compliment the current freshmen well. She moves well without the ball, especially for a forward/post. She also rebounds out of position much like Green and will serve as a player that has a knack for keeping possessions alive.

Getting one more frontcourt player to solidify depth and options next season will be key. Collins, Green, Kushkituah and Harris is a solid lineup but that extra depth never hurts.

Burrell can and will be used at the 4 spot similar to how Nared is utilized. They arr alike in size and Rae has close to the same skill set as Nared did coming out of high school.

Reactions: 4 people
Collins is going to really compliment the current freshmen well. She moves well without the ball, especially for a forward/post. She also rebounds out of position much like Green and will serve as a player that has a knack for keeping possessions alive.

Getting one more frontcourt player to solidify depth and options next season will be key. Collins, Green, Kushkituah and Harris is a solid lineup but that extra depth never hurts.

Burrell can and will be used at the 4 spot similar to how Nared is utilized. They arr alike in size and Rae has close to the same skill set as Nared did coming out of high school.

I don’t know who to believe about our recruits in 2018 and potentially 2019????

Evina hoop-3
PN—-2
Hayes hoop- 7
PN—-6
Davis hoop-12
PN—-9
KK—hoop-57
PN—-11

Amira hoop-69
PN—9
Jaz. Hoop-26
PN—11
Zarelle hoop-13
PN—-24
Burrelle hoop-44
PN—-119

Close evaluation on 2017 but big difference in 2018??? Is this because the final rankings have not been updated? And 2019 is pretty scattered!!!
PS——If Davis is a twelve..... I would take some more twelves!!!😁

Reactions: 4 people
Maybe they mean #1 Post

Per. ESPN.
Taylor Jones POST CLASS: 2019
94 SCOUTS GRADE, Forney, TX HOMETOWN
Dallas Christian High, HIGH SCHOOL
6-3 HEIGHT
23 OVERALL RANK
4 POSITION RANK

Prospects nation 6-3 HEIGHT
#9 OVERALL RANK