LSU Roll Call

Section 305, row 12. Greeneville in the house.
Yes, I will be surrounded by toggers.
I will be wearin orange, but not sure bout the rest of my bunch.

Edit: My son, born n raised in Baton Rouge, says, damn right he will be wearing orange. Atta boy!

Last edited:
Has anyone visited the WW2 museum in New Orleans. Any advice on what is the needed amount of time to see it. 1 hour? 2 hours? 3 hours?

There is a 4D immersion experience at the top of each hour. I am guessing it lasts for 30 or 45 mins?

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Has anyone visited the WW2 museum in New Orleans. Any advice on what is the needed amount of time to see it. 1 hour? 2 hours? 3 hours?

There is a 4D immersion experience at the top of each hour. I am guessing it lasts for 30 or 45 mins?
No but now I am interested. Where is it located? We were thinking about going to see the USS Kidd.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
No but now I am interested. Where is it located? We were thinking about going to see the USS Kidd.

Ha. I didn’t know about the Kidd. I may need to check that out.

The museum is downtown, Magazine Street.

It is about $30 a person. There is a 4D immersion experience like I said, at the top of each hour. You have to buy tickets online I believe and reserve your time slot. The 4D experience is included with the price of that ticket.

There are much cooler (and pricier) experiences also for sale if you are interested.

Plan Your Visit | The National WWII Museum | New Orleans

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
I like the USS Kidd museum. Just a few blocks north of it is my li'l hangout tavern, The Bengal Tap Room, and just a few blocks to the south is the Tin Roof brewery. 😁
So I am looking for a oyster bar happy hour for tomorrow afternoon, would you know of any in the vicinity of BR? I am willing to drive aways for it.

Wife and I are coming in from the home of Doug Atkins for our first ever away game. This was a bucket list item for us and a friend of mine who is an LSU fan is hooking us up with tickets. No clue where they are yet. Cannot wait!

Reactions: txvol19
Wife and I are coming in from the home of Doug Atkins for our first ever away game. This was a bucket list item for us and a friend of mine who is an LSU fan is hooking us up with tickets. No clue where they are yet. Cannot wait!
My first trip to Baton Rouge as well. Hope it ends with a W for the good guys!

So I am looking for a oyster bar happy hour for tomorrow afternoon, would you know of any in the vicinity of BR? I am willing to drive aways for it.
4. Roux 61, on S. side of Baton Rouge.
3. Acme Oyster House
2. Phil's Oyster Bar& Seafood, 4335 Perkins
All the above have good oysters; but they strike me as more of a seafood restaurant, with some beer. Don't know if that's what you have in mind for happy hour.
1. If it was me, I might go to a smaller place on the south side of DOWNTOWN, the Jolie Pearl. I'd have my oysters and a beer there, then walk a couple blocks up the street to the Bengal Tap Room, or drive 3-4 blocks south to the Tin Roof Brewery (but no oyster there).

Lastly, think about time of day and traffic for these, especially the 2 on Perkins, Phil's and Acme. Baton Rouge can be just stupid for traffic during rush hour. Good luck! 🙂

Last edited:
4. Roux 61, on S. side of Baton Rouge.
3. Acme Oyster House
2. Phil's Oyster Bar& Seafood, 4335 Perkins
All the above have good oysters; but they strike me as more of a seafood restaurant, with some beer. Don't know if that's what you have in mind for happy hour.
1. If it was me, I might go to a smaller place on the south side of DOWNTOWN, the Jolie Pearl. I'd have my oysters and a beer there, then walk a couple blocks up the street to the Bengal Tap Room, or drive 3-4 blocks south to the Tin Roof Brewery (but no oyster there).

Lastly, think about time of day and traffic for these, especially the 2 on Perkins, Phil's and Acme. Baton Rouge can be just stupid for traffic during rush hour. Good luck! 🙂
Thanks OBgmc, we will will catch s late dinner somewhere after the oysters. How's Mike Andersons are you familiar with that place?

That's the best military museum that I've ever been to. Tom Hanks donated a bunch of money to make it happen. You can get through it quickly (1 hour) if you need to, but I'd allow 2-3 hours to enjoy it and see everything. You won't be disappointed!

Who is going to the tailgate at Walk On's? Anyone ever been to Fred's Bar and Grill?

VN Store

Back