Louisville making major announcement at 12:05 today

And just blew a five point lead with five seconds to go against the number one team in America. God bless the alma mater, **** you Louisville.

Reactions: 1 person
DXSml_XVMAAPvoO.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
So Louisville is parting ways w David Padgett. He was dealt a **** hand, and didn't do too bad having been thrown in the fire like that. Who are they going to get to step into that dumpster fire?

As much as I loathe them, Louisville is still a top 10 all time program, having won three two national titles. :)

They have cleaned house with a new president, board, and athletic director. Given a nice long contract, there are few coaches who wouldn't jump at the opportunity.

So Louisville is parting ways w David Padgett. He was dealt a **** hand, and didn't do too bad having been thrown in the fire like that. Who are they going to get to step into that dumpster fire?

Xavier's Chris Mack is the leading choice to replace Padgett, according to ESPN.

Of course he’s their leading choice, but will he take the job? Last year he turned down Ohio State and a $4M per year offer from Georgetown. Speculation is that he turned down Indiana too

As much as I loathe them, Louisville is still a top 10 all time program, having won three two national titles. :)

They have cleaned house with a new president, board, and athletic director. Given a nice long contract, there are few coaches who wouldn't jump at the opportunity.

So qualify that opinion with who you think they’ll hire. An elite program will hire an elite coach...

So qualify that opinion with who you think they’ll hire. An elite program will hire an elite coach...

IDK that there are elite coaches available ATM. Louisville is a cash cow- money is not an issue.

I'd be tempted to look at Gregg Marshall or Matt Painter, if I were them.

I hear that Tubby is available too. :eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

IDK that there are elite coaches available ATM. Louisville is a cash cow- money is not an issue.

I'd be tempted to look at Gregg Marshall or Matt Painter, if I were them.

I hear that Tubby is available too. :eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

I hope they hire Tubby.

Id be surprised if Matt Painter left Purdue. Marshall is mentioned in every search but who knows what job he’d actually leave for

Marshall is mentioned in every search but who knows what job he’d actually leave for

An elite job, perhaps? :p

Seriously, I don't think it's easy to find an elite coach, but I don't think that all the scandal has irreparably damaged Louisville's status as a top 10 program. They've started by cleaning house, which would be a requirement to get ANY elite coach.

He’d be wise to wait until all of the Pitino-stench is gone. If a program deserves the death penalty, it’s Louisville basketball.

Mack is a easy choice but like others have said he's been rumored to have turn down Ohio State and IU. With that said UofL is a better gig than both of those but it will be interesting. There has also been rumors around this part that Purdue's Matt Painter is a target for Louisville, personally I don't see him leaving Purdue.

I personally don't know what to think about this. I think Louisville and their fans are generally trashy. And I have a high opinion of Mack. Hard for me to reconcile the two

Didn't know his wife grew up in Louisville and they have family there. Makes sense.

I personally don't know what to think about this. I think Louisville and their fans are generally trashy. And I have a high opinion of Mack. Hard for me to reconcile the two

Confirmed. Louisville fans are trashy. Mack is a good hire tho.

Cards-Fans1.jpeg

louisville-fans.jpg

ul-tailgate2.jpg

VN Store

Back