lol at Kentucky

Yeah, it hurts. I was watching the game and felt like punching a baby by the half. But any decent UK fan can accept the loss and move on. It's not the end.

Sorry to bring up stats like the 2:1 ratio. I will admit, it's hard to resist the butthurt :)

I don't compare UT to UK in basketball in regards to our historical standing in SEC hoops, because it's futile.

Instead, I compare how UT does against UK to how other SEC teams do against UK. In that light; 1:2 is probably pretty good.

UK is a longtime men's basketball powerhouse program that has remain parked inside a league they can dominate instead of moving to a conference whose members place a greater emphasis on basketball. I don't think UK would so easily be sitting on top in all-time wins if they had been in the ACC for the past 60 years. Instead, they opt for enjoying the dual benefits of SEC football money and a much easier basketball league. And that is one that I could not resist (you're bragging about basketball dominance over football schools).

Reactions: 2 people
I have the answer. UK won by 11 in 1981. The last true blowout was by 20 in 1959.
The ratio of wins is about 3:1 in favor of UT, which is much more dominant than the posted 2:1 for men's basketball.
Also, for the benefit of any Cats who have posted here that many of UT's men's basketball wins came very early, I see that UK once led the football series 10-8. That was the total when Neyland became head coach.

Kentucky

There's no telling how many conference football titles Tennessee would have right now if they would have joined the ACC decades ago (long before FSU joined). I'm just saying this to drive home the fact that KY's insane number of conference basketball titles and wins have come in a football conference. Maybe Tennessee would lead the nation in all-time football wins had they been doing it in the ACC.

Of course, it would get boring competing in football with a bunch of programs and fan bases who give the sport secondary relevance.

...but that hasn't stopped KY, who has chosen the path of least resistance over competition. They would rather dominate SEC tournament attendance than compete for tickets with other fans ready to pay top dollar to watch basketball.

Last edited:
I'm not saying I want KY to leave the SEC. I'm just saying they sound ridiculous when they throw men's basketball stats and records out there as if they should be given equal weight to other sports.

Great job, Vols, on destroying KY in their sport. I hope we never lose by 30 to KY in football. That would be an awful sight.

Last edited:
Yeah, it hurts. I was watching the game and felt like punching a baby by the half. But any decent UK fan can accept the loss and move on. It's not the end.

Sorry to bring up stats like the 2:1 ratio. I will admit, it's hard to resist the butthurt :)

No such thing.

Kaintucky Wildcats. All the announcers could say is that they had lost their best player. No mention that we had lost ours for the entire season. We whooped them good no excuses.

Reactions: 1 person
Crying about what should be or shouldn't be is irrelevant. It's not Kentucky's fault the rest of the conference sucks in basketball while they suck in football. We've done our part bringing 8 of the 11 basketball titles. I still think the SEC has been fun to watch even in bad years. It's usually good games between the teams.

Crying about what should be or shouldn't be is irrelevant. It's not Kentucky's fault the rest of the conference sucks in basketball while they suck in football. We've done our part bringing 8 of the 11 basketball titles. I still think the SEC has been fun to watch even in bad years. It's usually good games between the teams.

I hate KY basketball, but they rep the SEC well.

Having a blueblood basketball program in a football conference has made it difficult for other basketball programs to get off the ground and stay off the ground for more than a few seasons here and there.

I respect you sir, but Tennessee and UK are a different fan base, UT wants a total change in players and coaching after a bad year, UK wants to know why the immortal basketball God let them lose a game. It is delusional and stupid, and I am not talking about you, but ask most people, Kensucky fans are crazy, like demented crazy.

I respect you sir, but Tennessee and UK are a different fan base, UT wants a total change in players and coaching after a bad year, UK wants to know why the immortal basketball God let them lose a game. It is delusional and stupid, and I am not talking about you, but ask most people, Kensucky fans are crazy, like demented crazy.

Wouldn't go so far as to say demented. But yeah, we got our crazies.

Personally, I didn't care that we lost to UT. It's not really a big deal, we own the series 2:1 . It's more about how we played without Noel. Of course it hurt, but having Noel out is the bigger picture. Glad the UT fans have a lot to cheer about now. I hope at least one of us gets into the tourney.

Football is more my style, let's see here, huuuuuummmmm, does 26:1 sound familiar ... I've heard that somewhere? Basketball - 30 point loss to a team that also was playing without one of it's best players ... I'll take it!

Football is more my style, let's see here, huuuuuummmmm, does 26:1 sound familiar ... I've heard that somewhere? Basketball - 30 point loss to a team that also was playing without one of it's best players ... I'll take it!

Fairly sure it's 3:1.

Although in recent years both ratios are a lot different.

VN Store

Back