Lebron

This. I will be completely honest. I do not believe MJ could have handled the scrutiny. I think he would have melted with his gambling problem and temper.

You're arguing that Lebron is more mentally tough than Jordan? Lol. Come on.

He has never had an off court issue and even has been outspoken politically in a gracious manner.

He's a choir boy. No doubt. You could kick him in the nuts and he'd probably just cry to the official about it.

He goes to the basket as much as any player and gets hit all the time. He flops and exaggerates every player, but he is a machine. He has played more minutes than anyone except Wilt in his first thirteen years. He has never missed a playoff game.

He missed plenty of regular season games this year for no apparent reason.

This. I will be completely honest. I do not believe MJ could have handled the scrutiny. I think he would have melted with his gambling problem and temper.

I actually agree, maybe if he grew up with media like it is he would have faked his way through it, but MJ wasn't the best person in the world. No twitter, FB, etc helped hide that from people.

You're arguing that Lebron is more mentally tough than Jordan? Lol. Come on.

I don't think it is mentally tough per se. I just do not believe Jordan's attitude would have worked in today's society.

Jordan was as tough of a competitor as there has ever been. Social media wouldn't have changed his legacy, imo.

I cannot rate Oscar, West, Elgin, Wilt, or Russell. They were too good for their era. It is too hard to compare.

I agree, I just think if you dropped Wilt in todays game he'd be a 25-12 at least. Just based on his size and athletic ability. I honestly think Russell would be Deandre Jordan like. As much as people say Wilt benefited from his size/athletic ability, Oscar may have even more.

Because rest is important

One of my favorite players, James Harden, disagrees. An I'm pretty sure Jordan played in all 82 games each of the three seasons during his second theee-peat in Chicago.

I agree, I just think if you dropped Wilt in todays game he'd be a 25-12 at least. Just based on his size and athletic ability. I honestly think Russell would be Deandre Jordan like. As much as people say Wilt benefited from his size/athletic ability, Oscar may have even more.

I am 100% with you on that. I also think West would have thrived with a three point line. I think Russell would have struggled in today's game.

Jordan was as tough of a competitor as there has ever been. Social media wouldn't have changed his legacy, imo.

It would have let people see the other side of MJ, and would have had more "haters" as a result. He would have been the GOAT no matter what, but people's perception of who he was would be pretty altered. IMO

See that is crazy to me. Also you are not the only that thinks this. Instead of appreciating him for a legend it is like "Eh I want more." It is almost unfair.

That's a fair point, I admit.

One of my favorite players, James Harden, disagrees. An I'm pretty sure Jordan played in all 82 games each of the three seasons during his second theee-peat in Chicago.

Wilt averaged like 48.4 MPG one season. Lol

It would have let people see the other side of MJ, and would have had more "haters" as a result. He would have been the GOAT no matter what, but people's perception of who he was would be pretty altered. IMO
I think Jordan had plenty of haters. And people knew what he was about. But his game and his competitive drive overshadowed it. IMO.

LeBron is also 32 and played in six straight finals.

LeBron is also 32 and played in six straight finals.

That doesn't mean he needs more rest than other superstars.

I'm anxious to see what he does this year. Last year went a long way toward cementing his legacy. But if he was a bit tougher, the sky is the limit. Fire away.

I think Jordan had plenty of haters. And people knew what he was about. But his game and his competitive drive overshadowed it. IMO.

I mostly agree with what you are saying but people forget the absolute ******* Jordan was. Steve Kerr talked about this a few years ago and how incredibly difficult Jordan was. Kobe was like that in the mid 2000's and was absolutely reamed for it

What you guys talking about all these old guys? I can barely discuss guys I watched let along guys like Wilt and West, who I never saw. Lol.

I will say last year made me change a lot on LBJ, he was pretty damn ridiculous in the Finals. I don't care about rings as much as I care about how you perform on the biggest stage.

That doesn't mean he needs more rest than other superstars.

I'm anxious to see what he does this year. Last year went a long way toward cementing his legacy. But if he was a bit tougher, the sky is the limit. Fire away.

I will agree because he ****ed up the 2011 NBA Finals and I think his toughness isnt questioned.

I mostly agree with what you are saying but people forget the absolute ******* Jordan was. Steve Kerr talked about this a few years ago and how incredibly difficult Jordan was. Kobe was like that in the mid 2000's and was absolutely reamed for it

Kobe ran players off. Jordan didn't. He played along side Pippen for the majority of his career.

Look, I don't care about how easy to get along with players were. Kobe was one of the biggest *******s ever, yet he could still take over a game like no one since Jordan. I respect Kobe. Granted, had he been more of a team player he could have won more championships.

VN Store

Back