Leadership

The way I understand what you are saying is that "Fitz" is a big wheel on this wagon. Have not understood this before, as to the position. Just thought it was to make the guys big and strong. Thanks..

Yeah. The trick of the S&C coach is that he gets to continue to mentor the players during those long summer months when the NCAA doesn't allow the rest of the coaching staff much time with them.

So any drills being run right now are (a) Fitz leading them in strength and conditioning, or (b) the players organizing things themselves, like 7-on-7s, or just pass & catch drills.

That's how I understand the rules, anyway. I could be missing stuff at a more detailed level. (like can a group of players walk into a position coach's office, on their own initiative, and ask him to spend time working with them, either film study or out on the practice field? i don't know)

Reactions: 2 people
Inconsistent leadership at every level at Tennessee is the reason for the "Dismal Decade". Four presidents in six years and three HCs since '08. So glad we have an AD that is as passionate about UT as the loyal fanbase is.

Reactions: 5 people
Inconsistent leadership at every level at Tennessee is the reason for the "Dismal Decade". Four presidents in six years and three HCs since '08. So glad we have an AD that is as passionate about UT as the loyal fanbase is.

I was thinking “Decade of Irrelevance” playing on the old VHS/DVD release, but I really like “Dismal Decade” as well.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back