La'Troy Lewis

Show me a message board meltdown over an injury to a backup and I'll show you a team with little depth.

When players start going down at one positiion before the season even starts it gets a little concerning. There will be other injuries along the way for sure.

Reactions: 1 person
Were done. plain and simple. If we win 7 games it will be a miracle. And next year our schedual will be even harder and bray, hunter, & cp could all be gone. There is nothing positive about this. Nothing.

This is a prime example of what is wrong with much of our fanbase. You NEVER heard this type of whining in the glory years. EVER. Do you folks realize that we lost Jamal Lewis to a torn ACL early in the National Championship season, and Al Wilson missed several games that year with injuries?

SUCK IT UP VOLS FANS and QUIT CRYING.

Reactions: 1 person
How many players on the team...85? Turn around coach Dooley and put somebody in the game! We have a bench load of players surely you can find somebody to play backup & who will hit hard for crying out loud!! :angry:

How many players on the team...85? Turn around coach Dooley and put somebody in the game! We have a bench load of players surely you can find somebody to play backup & who will hit hard for crying out loud!! :angry:

Did I miss when the OP said Lewis tore his ACL and Dooley has decided to run one less player on the field? Get a grip

Will Crump or Sapp see some PT coz of this? or will they still stick to special teams?

Last edited:
Were done. plain and simple. If we win 7 games it will be a miracle. And next year our schedual will be even harder and bray, hunter, & cp could all be gone. There is nothing positive about this. Nothing.

Yeah, let's just quit and cancel the entire football season!! Just a waste of time!! Good Lord....:blink:

Last year's LB recruiting class (or lack there of) is probably the worst collection of players (not helped by injuries to Lewis and Bynum) in a position of desperate need that I recall in recent memory!!

Santos (Texas)
Peters (Arkansas)
Henderson (??)
King (Moved to Fullback)
Bynum (Role player at best and now a Injury Redshirt)
Lewis (Injury Redshirt

This is a prime example of what is wrong with much of our fanbase. You NEVER heard this type of whining in the glory years. EVER. Do you folks realize that we lost Jamal Lewis to a torn ACL early in the National Championship season, and Al Wilson missed several games that year with injuries?

Bo joke. Why someone comes completely unglued over a back-ups injury is beyond me. And pathetic.

:clapping:Agree totally.

This is why:

t feel like every time the program seems to be taking steps forward we see a major set back:

- Kiffin's and every coaches exit prior to signing day
- Mass Exodus of Kiffin Players (Brown, Myles, Edwards, Richardson,Oku etc...)
- Incredibly devastating "Losses" to LSU and North Carolina
- Janzen Jackson Departure
- Injuries to Hunter and Bray leading to a promising season spinning out of control
- Coaches Wilcox, Sirmon and Joseph leaving
- Injuries and Departures throughout this summer

I am on edge opening any UT webpage each day, just waiting for bad news!

Man does this program need a win on Friday!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
A buddy of mine tore his ACL doing a layup. Also had a friend who tore his playing golf. It's not hard to do.

I tore my acl in march doing a crossover dribble cut to the basket and a guy fell on my back. Surgeon said thats a rarity. Most torn acls were non contact explosive moves similar to Justin Hunter, Mariano Rivera and Derek Rose.

The talent discrepency between 98 & 12 is pretty significant even in preseason prognostications. Not same scenarios at all.

Last year's LB recruiting class (or lack there of) is probably the worst collection of players (not helped by injuries to Lewis and Bynum) in a position of desperate need that I recall in recent memory!!

Santos (Texas)
Peters (Arkansas)
Henderson (??)
King (Moved to Fullback)
Bynum (Role player at best and now a Injury Redshirt)
Lewis (Injury Redshirt

Henderson ended up going to KY.

VN Store

Back