Latest on AJ Johnson

My thought as well.

Just glad to see that Mr Beatty and Mr Vanderburg will suffer the consequences for their despicable actions. Some Vol fans like yourself are to myopic. Life is more about football and rivalries.

I know nobody cares about stories unless your reference is like Butch Jones or Jesus, but a friend of mine who had met the girl a couple times told me it was a situation where she set limits on what could and could not happen when they had sex and he did the OH NO NO anyway.

IF that's what happened, yes it's rape, but that's incredibly difficult to prove in any capacity.

One thing I am stoked for in this handing out justice.. These boys will get everything in prison that they did to that young lady.. they deserve it. Only problem is, there are no cameras around to capture the loving moments Rock and Bruno are going to enjoy at their expense.. It's gonna be a long time for them....:thumbsup:

It's one thing to go to prison as a hardened thug, but to go as a silver spoon, posh, Vandy kid?? They might as well bring lipstick and lotion and just submit.

Ok, so you're already laying blame despite the facts or the lack there of. Good to know that you're a deep thinker.
And are you doing the same thing to the young woman? Unless I read your post wrong sure sounds like it. I have purposely stayed out of this out of respect for AJ and the young woman.

Reactions: 3 people
He will not get drafted.

Unless he is proven 1000% innocent until then.

then maybe a 7th round pick. damage done. I work in the draft buiz sorta.. AJ was a day 2 prospect BEFORE this. Was never getting into the first round. Too many edge rushers and wr's in particular this year.

unfortunate.

Being a FF commissioner doesn't mean you work in the draft buiz "sorta"

Reactions: 9 people
The laws have to change regarding this type of thing. If aj had raped her they would have sufficient evidence to charge him almost immediately. Instead his career is more or less ruined at this point. It just totally sucks. Dude is a true VFL. Hopefully he is eventually exonerated and gets his chance via free agency. The NFL is full of linebackers that weren't high draft picks.

The laws have to change regarding this type of thing. If aj had raped her they would have sufficient evidence to charge him almost immediately. Instead his career is more or less ruined at this point. It just totally sucks. Dude is a true VFL. Hopefully he is eventually exonerated and gets his chance via free agency. The NFL is full of linebackers that weren't high draft picks.

The DA office has a budget, which limits the number of people they can hire. For the ones they do hire, I would bet they work well in excess of 40 hours per week. Especially those who are actively in trial at any given moment. They are probably in the 60-80 range and maybe more depending on the issue being tried.

Evaluating these cases requires a lot of reading of third party interviews and analysis, as well as possibly some personal interviews. It is not as easy as picking up the Knoxville newspaper, reading one article, and then making a decision like most on here do.

The simple fact is that they only have so many man hours, and they work through these things as quickly as possible. It is not that they are dragging their heels. It is better to be right than fast.

Reactions: 9 people
I hope the University is putting pressure on Knoxville to shat or get off the pot. It would be nice to see it moving one way or another before this season starts. :hi::lolabove:

The University has no say in this whatsoever, which is correct IMO. Now, maybe in Tallahassee....

Reactions: 2 people
As much as I wish it would quickly be resolved one way or the other, it is good to know that his situation isn't getting preferential treatment because he is a TN athlete. Hopefully it isn't being dragged out either... also because of who he is.

Hubbs commented about two weeks ago on this. He said the case could be heard anytime. He said from numerous people he talked to. They didint have a strong case against Aj like they thought at the beginning.

I know nobody cares about stories unless your reference is like Butch Jones or Jesus, but a friend of mine who had met the girl a couple times told me it was a situation where she set limits on what could and could not happen when they had sex and he did the OH NO NO anyway.

IF that's what happened, yes it's rape, but that's incredibly difficult to prove in any capacity.

Sounds like a simple case of "wong hole, wong hole".

but more like "you said not to but I'm gonna try to shove it in anyway"

If that is true, then how is Mike Williams involved? Also allowed only certain "entrances"?

When I was a younger guy, there used to be this thing called "ghosting". It derived from that song about ghost riding a car where you jump out of the car and dance while it is still moving. However, when "ghosting" you would have a buddy hiding in a bathroom or closet before you brought your lady friend home. Make sure all the lights are out and then, in the middle or right after the deed, you would say you needed to go to the bathroom or closet for one reason or another. Swap with the buddy and he takes over and she has no clue who it is.

Very disrespectful to say the least and for the record, I never participated in "ghosting" but it was definitely a real thing. I thought that this may have been close to what happened with AJ. Would make sense as to why she accused AJ as well as Mike due to participation in the act, hurt feelings thinking he was a nice guy, etc.

So...after your friend "met the girl a couple times", she decided to divulge the details of her alleged rape?

Sounds legit.

One thing I am stoked for in this handing out justice.. These boys will get everything in prison that they did to that young lady.. they deserve it. Only problem is, there are no cameras around to capture the loving moments Rock and Bruno are going to enjoy at their expense.. It's gonna be a long time for them....:thumbsup:
So, you've already made yourself the judge and jury...without any facts to go on? You're the one that needs to meet Rock and Bruno, then.

And by the way, how do you know that is what takes place in prison? You've been there, done that?

tumblr_naspkpd6BT1smmsbuo4_400.gif

Reactions: 1 person
So, you've already made yourself the judge and jury...without any facts to go on? You're the one that needs to meet Rock and Bruno, then.

And by the way, how do you know that is what takes place in prison? You've been there, done that?

tumblr_naspkpd6BT1smmsbuo4_400.gif

Never seen a bear take a crap in the woods, but I bet it happens.:)

He will not get drafted.

Unless he is proven 1000% innocent until then.

then maybe a 7th round pick. damage done. I work in the draft buiz sorta.. AJ was a day 2 prospect BEFORE this. Was never getting into the first round. Too many edge rushers and wr's in particular this year.

unfortunate.

Has AJ officially been charged with anything at this point?

Jeez...I miss the days where a person was innocent until PROVEN guilty.

The DA office has a budget, which limits the number of people they can hire. For the ones they do hire, I would bet they work well in excess of 40 hours per week. Especially those who are actively in trial at any given moment. They are probably in the 60-80 range and maybe more depending on the issue being tried.

Evaluating these cases requires a lot of reading of third party interviews and analysis, as well as possibly some personal interviews. It is not as easy as picking up the Knoxville newspaper, reading one article, and then making a decision like most on here do.

The simple fact is that they only have so many man hours, and they work through these things as quickly as possible. It is not that they are dragging their heels. It is better to be right than fast.

Ya. But I said the laws regarding this type of matter. That means trying to determine whether sex was consensual or forced. They can't just allow the allegations to be out there for months on end without making a determination one way or another. I get that they are understaffed but they need to prioritize certain situations so someone's life isn't ruined. As is the case here.

Many of the cases they work on are not time sensitive at all. But these unique situations are. And a guy like aj could have his entire future ruined simply because the da's office was too busy processing unpaid speeding tickets and underage drinking charges.

I follow AJ on instagram and just the other night he was in south Florida eating with Bill Parcells, so to me it doesn't look like he is to worried about it.

Ya. But I said the laws regarding this type of matter. That means trying to determine whether sex was consensual or forced. They can't just allow the allegations to be out there for months on end without making a determination one way or another. I get that they are understaffed but they need to prioritize certain situations so someone's life isn't ruined. As is the case here.

Many of the cases they work on are not time sensitive at all. But these unique situations are. And a guy like aj could have his entire future ruined simply because the da's office was too busy processing unpaid speeding tickets and underage drinking charges.
Not had much interaction with government have you? Yes they can and do leave allegations out there about individuals unresolved for years and sometimes forever.

Not had much interaction with government have you? Yes they can and do leave allegations out there about individuals unresolved for years and sometimes forever.

I haven't been personally involved in many situations with them but there have been other players with similar situations to aj's get resolved much quicker... Often times allowing the players to rejoin their teams. Of course the most obvious example is winston

VN Store

Back