Latest news on starting QB??

You forgot Riley Ferguson.

It will be either Worley,.Peterman, Dobbs or Ferguson. The others are scout team material.

Still early, obviously. 2 man race only. Worley leads, Peterman close behind. Who knows who starts Aug 31 at this point. Be shocked if its anyone other than one of these 2.

more than one QB will play in 2013. Significant time. Begin the process of getting over it now.

Reactions: 2 people
Brett Farve

I'm in town to play the dolphins ya dumb ass.

fhd998SAM_Brett_Favre_001_display_image.jpeg

My wife said she would do it.

Oh, maybe she wasn't talking about playing quarterback.

Dang! another missed opportunity.

I hope not unless we're talking about mop up duty. If you have two quarterbacks getting significant PT, it usually means you don't have a quarterback.

He probably means injury but if healthy the candidate who gets the nod needs a lot of rein...looking over your shoulder is hell on the QB rating
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He probably means injury but if healthy the candidate who gets the nod needs a lot of rein...looking over your shoulder is hell on the QB rating
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Imo you shouldn't ever go into a season expecting to only play one. Last year at Cinci coach Jones had to use two....btw both played pretty dang good. Looking at the last several years here having one qb make it is far from the norm.

Then there's the whole change of pace, goal-line, short yardage package. Dont know if we'll be running the "wildcat" like last year or use a standard offense with a more mobile qb...like Peterman if Worley gets the starting nod.

I'd bet we see both this year.

Reactions: 1 person
QB position makes me super nervous.

I wouldn't say I'm super nervous.

If you didn't know any better, and I told you we had:

A Gatorade National Player of the Year who threw a record setting 156 touchdowns in three years, and 13,323 yards in three years in a power football state....

A Quarterback who was named First Team in Florida in the toughest division of competition there is, who was called the best quarterback from Florida his year, and threw for nearly 3,000 yards and 35 touchdowns (which was second only to Tim Tebow in the state of Florida records)...

A Quarterback who has only lost 2 games in his career from pee wee up, and was the second best quarterback in North Carolina.

A Quarterback who threw 3,113 yards and 29 touchdowns his senior season and is also a 4.0 student who mastered his high school offense in one day.

I mean, if you didn't know any better and I told you that's what we HAD, would you still feel super nervous?

Everyone is starting on a fresh page. There is no one who is left behind. And we have some nice talent in the cupboard.

I'm a little worried we don't have much experience, but hey...gotta start somewhere. Every experienced quarterback had a rookie or a freshman year.

Reactions: 20 people

A Gatorade National Player of the Year who threw a record setting 156 touchdowns in three years, and 13,323 yards in three years in a power football state....

A Quarterback who was named First Team in Florida in the toughest division of competition there is, who was called the best quarterback from Florida his year, and threw for nearly 3,000 yards and 35 touchdowns (which was second only to Tim Tebow in the state of Florida records)...

A Quarterback who has only lost 2 games in his career from pee wee up, and was the second best quarterback in North Carolina.

A Quarterback who threw 3,113 yards and 29 touchdowns his senior season and is also a 4.0 student who mastered his high school offense in one day.

I mean, if you didn't know any better and I told you that's what we HAD, would you still feel super nervous?

Everyone is starting on a fresh page. There is no one who is left behind. And we have some nice talent in the cupboard.

I'm a little worried we don't have much experience, but hey...gotta start somewhere. Every experienced quarterback had a rookie or a freshman year.

Dang good post right here.

Stud post is studly.

Great post. kudos. i'm hoping Dobbs or Ferguson gets to campus and wins the job outright. i can struggle with a true freshman qb if it helps us win in year 2 and 3 but thats just me.

Peterman is only a rs Frosh so that would apply to him too, just really like the two kids we brought in.

VN Store

Back