Last 10 Years of No. 1 Dual QB ratings

I still remember the Hitler rant parody about that game that popped up on Youtube...it is still the best of all those parody rants.

Hitler rants are my favorite. Esp the election ones that popped up Nov 9th. Mother of God those were funny as hell

Let's see if anyone can answer this question - why is there a disproportionate amount of African American athletes compared to whites and other races in basketball and football on the professional level?

What about mathematicians and physicists? Who was the number one ranked dual threat number theory/ particle theory high schooler for the last ten years?

2 guys on that list remained dual-threat QBs at their original school and beyond. Pryor changed positions in the pros, Winston was not and never will be a dual-threat QB, and Murray's future is in a different sport.

Doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies.

2 guys on that list remained dual-threat QBs at their original school and beyond. Pryor changed positions in the pros, Winston was not and never will be a dual-threat QB, and Murray's future is in a different sport.

Doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies.

Murray is Joe Dirtay at baseball

Brent Schaeffer was the No. 7 dual threat quarterback, once upon a time. I know... who cares.

Would be interesting to have a list of all the highly rated dual threat quarterbacks Tennessee has signed over the years.

But he over slept that one day..... Dang, what might have been!

Let's see if anyone can answer this question - why is there a disproportionate amount of African American athletes compared to whites and other races in basketball and football on the professional level?
I'm not racist. I have black family and I am Native American. African folks are on average faster because of evolution giving them longer legs. They were also made thoroughbred athletes by slaveholders manipulating them genetically for size and strength. Next question, smart guy? I am a physicist. Go Vols!

Can you elaborate?

In east and sub-Saharan Africa, people evolved over many millennia to be fast and agile because it was necessary for survival in their environment. They also developed darker skin due to their close proximity to the equator, which receives the most direct sunlight on earth.

I'm not racist. I have black family and I am Native American. African folks are on average faster because of evolution giving them longer legs. They were also made thoroughbred athletes by slaveholders manipulating them genetically for size and strength. Next question, smart guy? I am a physicist. Go Vols!

I think you're fos

Reactions: 2 people
Cultural emphasis would be my guess. Some African American families, especially inner city poor families, view sports or music as the only way to make it out of the hood. Education takes a back seat to being a good athlete. There's a view from their stand point that getting a good education and getting a "white collar" job puts them at a disadvantage because they're in the perceived "white man's world" at that point. Of course this isn't a broad statement, as you can never paint a culture or race with a broad brush. There are plenty of African American families who put great emphasis on education, but I feel that since the majority of African American athletes come from inner city areas, cultural emphasis on sports is the main reason.

This and also the fact that cities have bigger talent pools and better competition as well as more resources to train athletes. A disproportionate number of black folks live in cities compared to white folks who live in the suburbs. It's incredibly difficult for a kid that doesn't have access to high level training, competition, year round programs etc. to make it past the HS level and rarer still to actually make it to a P5 school even if he has better natural talent than those who do have access to those resources. It happens but it's rare. Training matters.

There's a reason recruiting hotbeds are located where they are and it's not color but the amount those areas are investing in training athletes and the level of competition they face daily.

ETA: There are areas in the Deep South that throw a wrench into the city aspect but they do it by throwing an insane amount of money at HS athletics and providing training and resources you usually only see in larger areas.

Last edited:

That's not how evolution works at all. In fact, science says: there's no such thing as race. There's only one race: human. Race was a construct invented in the Americas to reconcile the American notions of freedom and liberty with the fact of slavery. It was used early on in colonial times to keep white indentured servants from making common cause with black slaves and demanding better treatment or even taking power from the aristocrats who were in charge.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
This and also the fact that cities have bigger talent pools and better competition as well as more resources to train athletes. A disproportionate number of black folks live in cities compared to white folks who live in the suburbs. It's incredibly difficult for a kid that doesn't have access to high level training, competition, year round programs etc. to make it past the HS level and rarer still to actually make it to a P5 school even if he has better natural talent than those who do have access to those resources. It happens but it's rare. Training matters.

There's a reason recruiting hotbeds are located where they are and it's not color but the amount those areas are investing in training athletes and the level of competition they face daily.

ETA: There are areas in the Deep South that throw a wrench into the city aspect but they do it by throwing an insane amount of money at HS athletics and providing training and resources you usually only see in larger areas.

Disagree.

Doesn't matter how much training or family money a kid has, talent is 90% of what matters to make it to D1 football.

You can have a kid, average athlete, playing pop warner football for the best coaches from age 7... and still never achieve what a better athlete did starting at 16.

Training will make you a little bigger, a little faster, jump a little higher, but it won't make up for a significant generic disparity.

I'm not sure I agree here. I mean, yes, I'm sure culture/location plays some part, but that's not the overwhelming reason the NFL and NBA are >70% black. Most of the inner city areas you speak of are very poor and lack economic resources, yet they churn out football and basketball talent in droves.

Yes, there are less African Americans living in suburbs and rural areas, but they still sign athletic scholarships at a disproportionately higher rate than their white counterparts, or at least such was the case in my hometown of 10,000 people, of which ~20% were black.

Might also be worth noting how present day Africans continue to dominate certain Olympic events, particularly those directly involving running and jumping.

Are we really too PC to admit that blacks are generally better athletes? What's wrong with that? I'll admit all day and twice on Sunday and I'm white.

VN Store

Back