Lane Kiffin contrasts Tennessee fans and Los Angeles

My personal favorite:
layla-kiffin.jpg

Kiffin wouldn't have put you on death row, but when the championships failed to pile up his excuses would have become tiresome quickly.

He really hasn't accomplished anything. All he does is bring in all this expectation then leave before he's supposed to pay off.

Reactions: 1 person
We were pissed because we are passionate? Really????

We were pissed because a guy was hired one year, and left the very next year for another job, using us as a stepping stool, and further sending us into the downward spiral that we were already in. We would be pissed still if he was here because we would be on probation right now.

When you get offered your dream job for 20 million or a chance to stay somewhere else for 10 million over the same number of years you take your dream job! Seriously hate when fans say "I bet he regrets it now" or "He will regret the day". It just sounds so childish. Whether about a coach, recruit or whoever.

If he does lose his job, he will probably get another one in the NFL for a lot of money(See Dooley). Over the long haul you take double the money when offered. Whether it's business or coaching or whatever. Seriously your math doesn't add up and you sound hurt. So no he didn't "Eff'd up" as you put it. He made a lot of money, got a free house in Manhattan Beach and Jerry Buss paid the buyout. Win for Kiffin, the guy that always fails upward.
You've got your opinion, I've got mine. At this point I couldn't care less about yours. Have a nice day!

You've got your opinion, I've got mine. At this point I couldn't care less about yours. Have a nice day!

It's not my opinion that 20 million over 5 years is more than 10 million over 5 years. It's fact. To say that he would have made more money here is also not an opinion, it's an incorrect statement.
The only opinion you had was that he regret's leaving now and Karma is catching up to him. On that we do disagree. I say he is in his dream job, making more money in the city he wants to live in and not Hindu(so the Karma thing doesn't apply). But if you sleep better at night saying "Boy that Kiffin regret's leaving now, then sweet dreams". It's probably past your bedtime so goodnight!

Reactions: 3 people
Ahh, now we're dropping down to insults. That's cute. "Past my bedtime"? Grow up bro'.

That pos should be banned from ever uttering the word Tennessee. I saw him talking on sport center and I couldn't stomach to list to what he was saying. He's sinking fast and taking sc with them. They started the season ranked no.1 and I truly believe we're a worse team than us last year. At least we can blame our record on playing in the sec

I would be happy if I never saw another frigging word about LK on VN

Last edited:
Fans angry was not about the fact that we liked what was going on....
It was the fact the A** Hole turn his back on TENNESSEE
:crazy:

This is exactly right. We saw some good (alabubba) and bad (VT) but you don't expect your first year coach to bolt for a new job leaving you high and dry right before signing day. That is what caused the fan anger.

Lane Kiffin would have had us competing for the SEC last season.

Ive always thought that. Kiffin was last to beat UGA and USC. Has more SEC wins than Dooley. Whats done is done though and who cares. Anybody would leave their job for their dream job. Time for Butch to prove himself. The rest is in the past.

He said he can go to a restaurant in LA for two hours without anyone coming up to him? Sounds like they're pissed off with a crap season last year.

I don't think he realized at the time just how lofty a coaching position Tennessee really was. USC was his dream job and I get that, but he should have understood you don't just up and leave a top tier SEC program...YOU JUST DON'T.

The NCAA will come and tell when you when you leave:whistling:

Lane Kiffin needs to keep his mouth off of The University of Tennessee. He intentionally left this football program for dead leaving in the middle of the night after a 1 minute announcement and didn't even answer one question from the press that night. He left two weeks before NSD and then he and his henchmen tried to talk commits into going to usc. He failed to kill this program. I hope he does survive long enough for bUTch and the VOLS to meet kiffen on the football field so the score can be settled. I want UT to spank his little behind for him like he should have gotten growing up. Get them on the schedule ASAP!
GO BIG ORANGE

Johnny Majors said today on TSR that Kiffin "stopped the bleeding" and that Butch has done the same. I'm not saying Lane would have been the answer had he stayed, but 2009 was a pretty fun season and we ran both South Carolina and Georgia's asses completely out of Neyland. Both very enjoyable wins. I still think Dooley did more damage than LK. Much more. Anyway, it is time to move on and it really looks like the fun will return. OH, I almost forgot. Coach Majors said that if Butch goes 6-6, he should be named Coach of the Year in the SEC. That what he inherited was that jacked up!

Johnny Majors said today on TSR that Kiffin "stopped the bleeding" and that Butch has done the same. I'm not saying Lane would have been the answer had he stayed, but 2009 was a pretty fun season and we ran both South Carolina and Georgia's asses completely out of Neyland. Both very enjoyable wins. I still think Dooley did more damage than LK. Much more. Anyway, it is time to move on and it really looks like the fun will return. OH, I almost forgot. Coach Majors said that if Butch goes 6-6, he should be named Coach of the Year in the SEC. That what he inherited was that jacked up!

6-6 will not get Jones COY at any university.

He will probably get the experience of fans celebrating a coach leaving when uscw fires him this year.

Since he's a VFL, then maybe CBJ can pick him up for the staff next year. Good recruiter. A legacy is a legacy, right?

VN Store

Back