Lane Kiffin contrasts Tennessee fans and Los Angeles

Seems like the venom is directed at Kiffin and not at Mike Hamilton for giving him an easy way out...

Funny, but when Kiffin was doing all of his trash talking and finger wagging, everybody (or at least 75% of the people whining right now) were drinking the Kiffin-ade and liking the swagger he brought to Tennessee.

I loved the swagger. Those that are saying he would have had us on some serious probation and missing bowls,etc. are just pi$$ed about the way he left. I can understand that, but if he was still our coach, I truly believe we would have at least won the East in '11 and '12.

Was USC not last year's pre-season #1 and ended up out of the top 25? How many head coaches has that happened to?
Go Butch!

The day Dooley was hired I was optimistic but from that day he disappeared. You didn't see or hear from him for weeks and when you did, the glass was always half empty. Not to mention that he couldn't coach or make halftime adjustments.

The refreshing thing about Coach Jones is that from day one he has been available, transparent and always has a positive message.

Two different situations from day 1, so not surprising Dooley "disappeared." Dooley had 10 days to seal up a class, and CBJ had months. CBJ also had a dead period that allowed him to go out and fluff the fans and media. Once Dooley was able to get through NSD I'm sure he was being fully "briefed" with all the issues that was left for him to deal with. Ie...NCAA issues, player issues both behavioral and frankly the ones who were upset about having a 3rd coach in 3 yrs (underestimated issue that he needed to deal with imo). Having to take over the completion of the new facilities. Difference between selling blueprints to the new facilities and selling the final product like CBJ has had the luxury of. Etc etc...Frankly way to many differences to list.

Also, the 2nd half adjustment deal is over played imo. He took LSU to the end as well as many other teams, and even coming back to have a heart breaker of a loss from a 2 td deficit at half vs uscjr. '11 had a HUGE #s and quality depth issue, so that had a big part in taking SEC teams to the end. Can't fairly judge a person when they are having to duct tape a team together. I saw improvement in '12 that many didn't. We took more teams to the end, and lost heart breakers not blowouts.

Just all imo that's all...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Kiffin made the biggest mistake of his coaching career when he left Tennessee for the West Coast. He'll realize that soon when he's looking for a job after this season.

Fans angry was not about the fact that we liked what was going on....
It was the fact the A** Hole turn his back on TENNESSEE
:crazy:

Yes, we were upset he was leaving because we thought we were on our way back. People don't riot when a coach leaves if they don't think he is a good coach. No one would have rioted if Dooley left after losing to Kentucky. Also, what douche would interrupt a kids birthday party to ask someone, even a football coach, take a picture with them?

Kiffen is just such a world class d bag. Just the way he looks at te world. he said people upset he was leaving meant he'd done great things(said something like u don't want them to be cheering when u leave). What he doesn't get is that people were angry with the WAY he left. 2 weeks before nsd. Going to USC after like 5 other coaches had turned them down. And in the middle of the freaking night! It wasn't that we were in love with him or anything. I think he's proven by now he's not a great coach. Weird thing is...we wouldn't have jones if we still had lil kiffie so it all worked out

I'm embarrassed that I defended this snake on multiple occasions when he was popping off at other SEC schools and coaches.

He did not represent UT well at all.

VN Store

Back