Lady Vols Softball SEC Tournament

When you're behind a run in the 5th inning and get a leadoff double, your next hitters HAVE to get the bat on the ball, starting with the first hitter following the double. You put the ball in play, and then you have a decent chance of at least moving the runner over to third with one out. Instead, we had three straight players strike out. I don't care how good the pitcher is, you have to put it in play--and we've got hitters who can certainly do that.

Otherwise, I agree with the post above. Our hitting has tailed off noticeable in the last third of the season. Some of the freshmen who started very well have fallen off, and others too have been quite. We will still be a tough out in the playoffs.

When you're behind a run in the 5th inning and get a leadoff double, your next hitters HAVE to get the bat on the ball, starting with the first hitter following the double. You put the ball in play, and then you have a decent chance of at least moving the runner over to third with one out. Instead, we had three straight players strike out. I don't care how good the pitcher is, you have to put it in play--and we've got hitters who can certainly do that.

Otherwise, I agree with the post above. Our hitting has tailed off noticeable in the last third of the season. Some of the freshmen who started very well have fallen off, and others too have been quite. We will still be a tough out in the playoffs.

It is difficult to keep freshmen focused all year. Even Ellen seems to have lost a little focus. Women's softball is a lot like basketball. It's all about the tournament. Conference championships have lost their importance.

VN Store

Back