Lady Vols - Basketball Turnovers

And just how far do you think a turn-over prone team, playing so far at an SOS >90 schedule, will make it in the SEC and later in the NCAA's? Fans who think constructive analysis of real facts equates to Holly/team bashing or NEGATIVITY are the same fans who at the end of the season (will it be SW 16 this year?) say wait until next year. 28 turnovers is unacceptable. The inability to break a press is a big problem especially at the caliber of opponets so far.

BTW next year Nared and Mercedes are gone.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Edit:

My post was made after reading just the beginning of this thread. Not siding with the mindset of the Wikileaks of the world. Am siding with the fact that a lot of turnovers on such a weak schedule is not a good thing

Thank you for the clarity. I agree turnovers need to be cut down and with us having 9 in the first half I was like here we go again. I was pleased to see that when we were more aggressive and playing freely we cut the turnovers down in the second half even with Vandy playing harder to stay in the game. Someone listened during half time and from the press conference it sounded like the coaches got the players’ attentions.

Where are you getting your SOS ranking from? As of today, our SOS according to the 3 major ranking system are as follows:
Massey: 17
Sargarin: 36
RPI: 49

So definitely not the strongest but not the >90 SOS you are quoting.

LOL you are right and I am wrong. Not sure what I did wrong. For starters, I used a calculator in arriving at an average. Ther's the problem right there. LOL

Me and numbers. Ask my bank about how I balance my checkbook. Tee hee hee

The poster said “go kill yourself” to multiple posters, proceeded to call posters out their names and we aren’t talking about calling someone a “troll” we are talking nasty/vile names. Then proceeded to threaten people.

I think there is a difference in saying someone is a troll because or an arguement and then talk about others in the way that poster did. It just wasn’t a good look for this board. I don’t care if you’re baited into an aruguement or not there are certain things you don’t say and lines you don’t cross and that poster did that without cause just because they didn’t like what was said (none of which was threatening).

This is not an arguement and I am not trying to tell you what point of view to have. What I will say is please don’t associate any disgusting act that poster did with calling a name like a troll because it wasn’t even close.

I agree debates are healthy as long as BOTH parties remain respectful. As soon as talking about ones family or threats occur it then becomes a whole new thing!

I think you were lumped together because you said Amen to someone who was bashing other posters with vile things! Now to be fair when you said that you may not have read what the poster had stated or it may have come after that but if that is the case you have to see that it just looked like you agreed but with what the poster was saying. I agree name-calling and bashing must stop and we all need to enjoy this 15-0 win team (because lord knows we have some large tests looming)!

I hope you had an enjoyable day and am looking forward to more of your posts!

Go Lady Vols!
Thanks, VA. As i said, I don't read everything some posters post, thankfully I didn't read those. 15-0, let's clean up the little things and keep this train a rolling! Go Lady Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sure everyone associated with the team is aware that the number of turnovers that occurred during the Auburn game is not conducive to winning consistently. The turnovers will come down as the team gets better. 28 turnovers is for one game and not a game average.

Many of the turnovers are a result of everyone trying to force the ball inside rather than moving the ball around and getting an easier pass inside. With most of the players standing still and holding the ball for 10 or more seconds, turnovers are going to happen most of the time. With two freshmen point guards, play will get better and turnovers will decrease. Remember, they are still unbeaten.

Many of the turnovers are a result of everyone trying to force the ball inside rather than moving the ball around and getting an easier pass inside. With most of the players standing still and holding the ball for 10 or more seconds, turnovers are going to happen most of the time. With two freshmen point guards, play will get better and turnovers will decrease. Remember, they are still unbeaten.

This team makes some spectacular passes. And some dumb ones.

Passes like the pass from Hayes to Russell,,,,That got oohs and ahhs from the crowd there.

You got to risk it to get the biskit

Found this on twitter:

Some interesting context on @LadyVol_Hoops (pts. per game/turnovers per game/20+ TO games/games with 19 TOs), comparing this team to NCAA title teams across decades.
'17-18: 80.2 / 17.1 / 7 / 2
'07-08: 76.7 / 16.4 / 7 / 6
'97-98: 88.8 / 16.6 / 5 / 6
'86-87: 81.1 / 17.1 / 12 / 1

Reactions: 1 person
Found this on twitter:

Some interesting context on @LadyVol_Hoops (pts. per game/turnovers per game/20+ TO games/games with 19 TOs), comparing this team to NCAA title teams across decades.
'17-18: 80.2 / 17.1 / 7 / 2
'07-08: 76.7 / 16.4 / 7 / 6
'97-98: 88.8 / 16.6 / 5 / 6
'86-87: 81.1 / 17.1 / 12 / 1

Only missing one thing.. PAT SUMMITT!

Mad, why do you keep combining Wiki and me in your replies, like we're joined at the hip? I only agreed with one point that he made. I don't even read every thing he posts. I now see that he's banned. why, I don't know, while some of you name call and bash people all the time. I'm sure some of you know each, but some of you bait people into a argument just for posting their opinion. Debates are healthy, when everyone acts as an adult, and not a Bully. Go Lady Vols!

Per a response that VA_Volfan made to your post, yes, the fact that you are endorsing wiki led me to unfairly lump with that banned poster.
So, I apologize for that.

Last edited:
Per a response that VA_Volfan made to your post, yes, the fact that you are endorsing wiki led me to unfairly lump with that banned poster.
So, I apologize for that.

I sure did respond to his post when the comments seemed to coincide with the nasty, putrid, vile, derogatory things that poster said to more than one poster on here including myself. Racer said he/she didn’t read everything that poster said so that’s a good thing but if we could look back at the time stamps and responses he agreed with the poster during that nasty rant on a couple topics. I addressed Racer directly to bring it to light and that is when they stated they hadn’t read everything and the posters weren’t joined st the hip. It was no more or no less of me addressing the source directly and asking did they agree with what the poster was saying. I think it was the endorsing that poster at all was a bad look when the nasty things that were being posted were out there for everyone to read. But hey.. the poster is gone and it’s all good. We can have discussions but when you wishing death on people, calling people out their names, and threatening family members that is taking it to a whole new level of crazy (which is what the banned poster did).

I'm sure everyone associated with the team is aware that the number of turnovers that occurred during the Auburn game is not conducive to winning consistently. The turnovers will come down as the team gets better. 28 turnovers is for one game and not a game average.

Here it is 2/18 post Missouri game and the number of turnovers have not come down. Our freshman guards should be seasoned now but are still making the same stupid mistakes. We are not making any progress and it is limiting the teams ability to compete enough to win.

Here it is 2/18 post Missouri game and the number of turnovers have not come down. Our freshman guards should be seasoned now but are still making the same stupid mistakes. We are not making any progress and it is limiting the teams ability to compete enough to win.

You are 100% correct about the freshman guards, And the turnovers will continue why ? Because Holly will not hold them accountable she needs to start giving a on court face to face tongue lashing.

VN Store

Back