Lady Vols - Basketball Turnovers

I have no problem with this team, or the players on it. I never singled out any player for making turnovers. I simply stated that turnovers are a problem, and players needed to be held accountable. I don't care if they are freshman. A turnover is a turnover regardless of who makes it. In the boxscore it says turnover. Not turnover made by freshman. The freshmen aren't the only one's turning the ball over. You singled them out, not me.

I was trying to explain turnovers as what “HOLLY “ said : which is acceptable or not acceptable! I used Annie and Evina as they had more turnovers and each had turnovers that were acceptable and not..... and yes they are Freshmen and will make more mistakes than veterans! Jamie threw the ball over Mercedes head and she is 6’6”.... does the one Evian threw over Annie’s head ok since she is only 5’7” ...I say not!🤔

You obviously have not played/coached this game? Because if you had you would understand that turnovers are a part of the game... When you play a Kamikaze team like Auburn the referees can call a lot of fouls or not.... they did not and therefore they gave Auburn the advantage. If we ever play Auburn again....it I’ll not be close!!!! JMO

Amen Wiki, but now you'll be labeled a Troll. Again Amen! Go Lady Vols!

Sure will, we call it like we see it!!! After the last two years on this board, we have a low tolerance for ANY type of negativity now that the team is exceeding expectations!

We saw trolls come out the woodworks, and they spewed so many irrational post about the team, that it was difficult to harp on for most of us, this year it’s a lot easier to call them for their bullsh*t since it’s so few! Wonder where all of them went. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 *shrugs*

Reactions: 5 people
Originally Posted by wikileaks View Post
I have no problem with this team, or the players on it. I never singled out any player for making turnovers. I simply stated that turnovers are a problem, and players needed to be held accountable. I don't care if they are freshman. A turnover is a turnover regardless of who makes it. In the boxscore it says turnover. Not turnover made by freshman. The freshmen aren't the only one's turning the ball over. You singled them out, not me.

Amen Wiki, but now you'll be labeled a Troll. Again Amen! Go Lady Vols!

Okay, you two absolutely not trolls but basketball geniuses. Exactly, what do you want done in terms of accountability? Bench a player after she makes a TO. Hey, I like it. Zero tolerance is the way, that will teach em real Good!

In the Auburn game, since Evina, Annie, and Meme all had turnovers in the first quarter, that would have left Nared running point. Oh wait, she had some TOs also. So that leaves Mercedes or Davis. No problem! Oh wait, they had TOs as well. So, should Holly have benched the entire team and let Auburn just play unopposed in the name of "accountability." GENIUS!!!!!! Better to lose with ACCOUNTABILITY than win.

Or would you have just preferred that Holly scream at her players until her vessels are bursting in the name of accountability?

BTW, I remember 2 years ago, "the board is a better coach Holly" conventional wisdom was that she had her team afraid of making mistakes and so no one would take any risk, leading to stagnant basketball. I guess the game has suddenly changed.

Now I am no fancy baskeball geniuses like you two but I
would expect that TOs are a point of emphasis in the LVs practices and film sessions. But, the LVs had not faced pressure like Auburn placed on them. Sometimes you just can't prepare for the actual reality of competition.

Importantly, the LVs TO went down in the 2nd half and particularly in the 4th. Is that positive trend not a sign of accountability and learning?

Also, Holly will have a breakdown of the stats on a quarter by quarter basis that can highlight in game trends. And the trends on defensive stops and TOs clearly went the LVs way in the final quarter.

Oh, y'all might want to learn how to read box scores. The statement of
In the boxscore it says turnover. Not turnover made by freshman
is equivalent to saying that the final score does not tell how many points a given player produced. In the box score, each player has an individual state line that tells how many points, rebounds, TOs and minutes they had during the game (do you see it now? Good, what a revelation right?)

Now, looking at these individual stat lines, we can ascertain that freshman Evina had 9 TOs and freshman Hayes had 5 To, with fewer game minutes. So, that is 14 out of 28 TO coming from freshman PGs. So, it is not homerism to say that inexperience is a big part of the problem.

But as absolutely not trolls and bonafide basketball geniuses, why are y'all focusing just on the negative. How did the LVs overcome an admittedly poorly executed first 3 quarters and not have all those TOs take them out of that game. There was a lot of effort in terms of defensive intensity, winning hustle plays, and crashing the boards and clutch shooting. Do those count at toward the idea of holding players accountable? Or does the game come down to one statistic-- TOs? You tell me, absolutely not trolls, basketball geniuses.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
okay, you two absolutely not trolls but basketball geniuses. Exactly, what do you want done in terms of accountability? Bench a player after she makes a to. Hey, i like it. Zero tolerance is the way, that will teach em real good!

In the auburn game, since evina, annie, and meme all had turnovers in the first quarter, that would have left nared running point. Oh wait, she had some tos also. So that leaves mercedes or davis. No problem! Oh wait, they had tos as well. So, should holly have benched the entire team and let auburn just play unopposed in the name of "accountability." genius!!!!!! Better to lose with accountability than win.

Or would you have just preferred that holly scream at her players until her vessels are bursting in the name of accountability?

Btw, i remember 2 years ago, "the board is a better coach holly" conventional wisdom was that she had her team afraid of making mistakes and so no one would take any risk, leading to stagnant basketball. I guess the game has suddenly changed.

Now i am no fancy baskeball geniuses like you two but i
i would expect that tos are a point of emphasis in the lvs practices and film sessions. But, the lvs had not faced pressure like auburn placed on them. Sometimes you just cant prepare for the actual reality of competition.

Importantly, the lvs to went down in the 2nd half and particularly in the 4th. Is that positive trend not a sign of accountability and learning?

Also, holly will have a breakdown of the stats on a quarter by quarter basis that can highlight in game trends. And the trends on defensive stops and tos clearly went the lvs way in the first quarter.

Oh, y'all might want to learn how to read box scores. The statement of i, is equivalent to saying that the final score does not tell how many points a given player produced. In the box score, each player has an individual state line that tells how many points, rebounds, tos and minutes they had during the game (do you see it now? Good, what a revelation right?)

now, looking at these individual stat lines, we can ascertain that freshman evina had 9 tos and freshman hayes had 5 to, with fewer game minutes. So, that is 14 out of 28 to coming from freshman pgs. So, it is not homerism to say that inexperience is a big part of the problem.

But as absolutely not trolls and bonafide basketball geniuses, why are y'all focusing just on the negative. How did the lvs overcome an admittedly poorly executed first 3 quarters and not have all those tos take them out of that game. There was a lot of effort in terms of defensive intensity, winning hustle plays, and crashing the boards and clutch shooting. Do those count at toward the idea of holding players accountable? Or does the game come down to one statistic-- tos? You tell me, absolutely not trolls, basketball geniuses.

+100000000000000000000

Reactions: 2 people
Okay, you two absolutely not trolls but basketball geniuses. Exactly, what do you want done in terms of accountability? Bench a player after she makes a TO. Hey, I like it. Zero tolerance is the way, that will teach em real Good!

In the Auburn game, since Evina, Annie, and Meme all had turnovers in the first quarter, that would have left Nared running point. Oh wait, she had some TOs also. So that leaves Mercedes or Davis. No problem! Oh wait, they had TOs as well. So, should Holly have benched the entire team and let Auburn just play unopposed in the name of "accountability." GENIUS!!!!!! Better to lose with ACCOUNTABILITY than win.

Or would you have just preferred that Holly scream at her players until her vessels are bursting in the name of accountability?

BTW, I remember 2 years ago, "the board is a better coach Holly" conventional wisdom was that she had her team afraid of making mistakes and so no one would take any risk, leading to stagnant basketball. I guess the game has suddenly changed.

Now I am no fancy baskeball geniuses like you two but I
would expect that TOs are a point of emphasis in the LVs practices and film sessions. But, the LVs had not faced pressure like Auburn placed on them. Sometimes you just can't prepare for the actual reality of competition.

Importantly, the LVs TO went down in the 2nd half and particularly in the 4th. Is that positive trend not a sign of accountability and learning?

Also, Holly will have a breakdown of the stats on a quarter by quarter basis that can highlight in game trends. And the trends on defensive stops and TOs clearly went the LVs way in the final quarter.

Oh, y'all might want to learn how to read box scores. The statement of I, is equivalent to saying that the final score does not tell how many points a given player produced. In the box score, each player has an individual state line that tells how many points, rebounds, TOs and minutes they had during the game (do you see it now? Good, what a revelation right?)

Now, looking at these individual stat lines, we can ascertain that freshman Evina had 9 TOs and freshman Hayes had 5 To, with fewer game minutes. So, that is 14 out of 28 TO coming from freshman PGs. So, it is not homerism to say that inexperience is a big part of the problem.

But as absolutely not trolls and bonafide basketball geniuses, why are y'all focusing just on the negative. How did the LVs overcome an admittedly poorly executed first 3 quarters and not have all those TOs take them out of that game. There was a lot of effort in terms of defensive intensity, winning hustle plays, and crashing the boards and clutch shooting. Do those count at toward the idea of holding players accountable? Or does the game come down to one statistic-- TOs? You tell me, absolutely not trolls, basketball geniuses.

The thing I like about these Freshmen. Annie was really upset during the first half of the game and you could see while she was on the Bench her emotions were getting the most of her...... Then later in the last quarter she gained her composure and made the play of the game with a save of the ball going out of bounds and penetrating and passing to Evina for a basket that put us ahead for the rest of the game.... And when Mercedes blocked a shot by Auburn, Annie got the rejected ball and beat everyone to the goal and made a lay up and one!!!!!!!!

Evina had nine turnovers and had three turnover in 29 seconds!!!!!!! But when she entered the last five minutes of the last quarter.....Her mental composure took over and she made two three point shots to secure the win!!!

Gotta love these young ladies and their ability to fight through and persevere these challenges!:rock:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Sure will, we call it like we see it!!! After the last two years on this board, we have a low tolerance for ANY type of negativity now that the team is exceeding expectations!

We saw trolls come out the woodworks, and they spewed so many irrational post about the team, that it was difficult to harp on for most of us, this year it’s a lot easier to call them for their bullsh*t since it’s so few! Wonder where all of them went. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 *shrugs*
So you guys have a low tolerance for any negativity on this board? So you guys are the owners, moderators of this board? If so, then why do you allow anyone to give their opinion, oh that's right, you don't! to point out flaws in any player doesn't mean you dislike them. I played point guard, and most of the times I had more turnovers than the rest of the team. Why, because I handled the ball more than the rest of the team. Fancy, no look passes are great, when both players are on the same page, but look bad when they're not. My opinion is, JMO, is that it doesn't take a Sports center pass to be effective. Keep working together, which I think they will, and by Tourney time they should be a well oiled machine.

😂 that pretty much sums it up when people have to resort to calling people out their names on this board and others applaud those actions...

Last edited:
😂 that pretty much sums it up when people have to resort to calling people out their names on this board and others applaud those actions...
Maybe, just maybe, if you guys wouldn't label true fans as TROLLS, then maybe , just maybe, the name calling wouldn't exist. Just Maybe. Go Lady VOLS!

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe, just maybe, if you guys wouldn't label true fans as TROLLS, then maybe , just maybe, the name calling wouldn't exist. Just Maybe. Go Lady VOLS![/QUOTE

Why can’t the “true fans” rise above it and be better? Again I wish people would stop saying “you” when I haven’t labeled anyone a troll. Nor will I overlook it when I am being addressed directly. If you were a true fan you would know that was what Pat Summitt preached to the core! When her players were getting called the N-word she taught them to be better and not react, when her players were getting called lesbian university as negative recruiting tactics “stay classy” was the advice she gave, and when she wa attacked herself she showed the utmost class.

That’s just disrespectful to Pat’s memory in general when her most basic principals were founded on respect. So true fans? I think not 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Maybe, just maybe, if you guys wouldn't label true fans as TROLLS, then maybe , just maybe, the name calling wouldn't exist. Just Maybe. Go Lady VOLS![/QUOTE

Why can’t the “true fans” rise above it and be better? Again I wish people would stop saying “you” when I haven’t labeled anyone a troll. Nor will I overlook it when I am being addressed directly. If you were a true fan you would know that was what Pat Summitt preached to the core! When her players were getting called the N-word she taught them to be better and not react, when her players were getting called lesbian university as negative recruiting tactics “stay classy” was the advice she gave, and when she wa attacked herself she showed the utmost class.

That’s just disrespectful to Pat’s memory in general when her most basic principals were founded on respect. So true fans? I think not 😂
After being a Pat Summitt fan for as long as I can remember, I agree with Pat being All Class. After being around her as my daughter played for 4 years, there's one thing I do know, Pat wouldn't put up with people, backing Pat and the Lady Vols, being called Trolls. As for calling you out personally, "you guys", was meant for anyone who couldn't have a discussion without degrading or naming people. Normally the guilty dog barks loudest! Sorry for the misunderstanding. Go Lady Vols!

after being a pat summitt fan for as long as i can remember, i agree with pat being all class. After being around her as my daughter played for 4 years, there's one thing i do know, pat wouldn't put up with people, backing pat and the lady vols, being called trolls. As for calling you out personally, "you guys", was meant for anyone who couldn't have a discussion without degrading or naming people. Normally the guilty dog barks loudest! Sorry for the misunderstanding. Go lady vols!

😏👍🏽

I was trying to explain turnovers as what “HOLLY “ said : which is acceptable or not acceptable! I used Annie and Evina as they had more turnovers and each had turnovers that were acceptable and not..... and yes they are Freshmen and will make more mistakes than veterans! Jamie threw the ball over Mercedes head and she is 6’6”.... does the one Evian threw over Annie’s head ok since she is only 5’7” ...I say not!🤔

You obviously have not played/coached this game? Because if you had you would understand that turnovers are a part of the game... When you play a Kamikaze team like Auburn the referees can call a lot of fouls or not.... they did not and therefore they gave Auburn the advantage. If we ever play Auburn again....it I’ll not be close!!!! JMO

I didn't need your explanation. Next time keep it to yourself. I didn't say turnovers didn't happen during games. I said that they were happening at an alarming rate, and needed to be addressed. Holly says the same thing after every game about turnovers, and they are still happening too much for my liking. You can accept that, but don't expect me to.

+1000000000000000

I don't know who the hell they think they are that they can tell anyone how to make their comment about this team. It's pure foolery! As if everyone is supposed to agree. Somehow pointing out the team is making too many turnovers all of sudden means you hate the team, or you are a troll, or you are negative towards the team. These cult member posters are a mess mentally.

And folks who disagree with you are "cult members", fools or idiots (per your prior deleted response to Rickster).

So, your claims to take the moral high ground on name calling ring a touch hollow.

Here is the thing. You and 007Racer (probably among others) are MAD AS HELL ABOUT THESE TURNOVERS AND YOU ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE! And so you want SOMETHING DONE NOW (with stamped feet)!!!!

On the other side, we all recognize that 28 TOs is too many but we point out that TOs are not the whole story and that some of these kinks are be expected with freshman PGs and we trust that the team will get TOs over control as the season progresses. [If they are having 28 TO games in March, that would be a big problem].

But in your mind, this attitude is cultish and somehow is keeping any corrective action from being undertaken by the coaching staff or players.The only reasoned action is instead BANGING ONE"S HEAD ON THE KEYBOARD AND SCREAMING "HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE, NOOOOWWWWW!!!!!! [with blood dripping from the eyeballs and foam coming from the mouth], though you might feel that even that level of response is too complacent. Would blood sacrifices be sufficient?

And in your world, to state otherwise is to impose freedom crushing totalitarian conformity to the LV cult.

Thus, you and 007Racer stand fighting for the cause of freedom like Captain American!

Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Reactions: 6 people
And folks who disagree with you are "cult members", fools or idiots (per your prior deleted response to Rickster).

So, your claims to take the moral high ground on name calling ring a touch hollow.

Here is the thing. You and 007Racer (probably among others) are MAD AS HELL ABOUT THESE TURNOVERS AND YOU ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE! And so you want SOMETHING DONE NOW (with stamped feet)!!!!

On the other side, we all recognize that 28 TOs is too many but we point out that TOs are not the whole story and that some of these kinks are be expected with freshman PGs and we trust that the team will get TOs over control as the season progresses. [If they are having 28 TO games in March, that would be a big problem].

But in your mind, this attitude is cultish and somehow is keeping any corrective action from being undertaken by the coaching staff or players.The only reasoned action is instead BANGING ONE"S HEAD ON THE KEYBOARD AND SCREAMING "HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE, NOOOOWWWWW!!!!!! [with blood dripping from the eyeballs and foam coming from the mouth], though you might feel that even that level of response is too complacent. Would blood sacrifices be sufficient?

And in your world, to state otherwise is to impose freedom crushing totalitarian conformity to the LV cult.

Thus, you and 007Racer stand fighting for the cause of freedom like Captain American!

That and for being so bold TOOK down the post but yet still barking from behind a fence😂😂😂 If you’re a poster and are going to say what you’re gonna say be bold and leave it up! But maybe there is a shred of hope since telling someone to go kill themselves is a bit over the top. That, and had to tell the nerve to tell someone else to take their medicine😂

RIP Wikileaks.

Please continue to bring to our attention any posters who blatantly disregard board guidelines. :hi:

Reactions: 9 people

This post is a thing of beauty! 🧡

Reactions: 4 people
And just how far do you think a turn-over prone team, playing so far at an SOS >90 schedule, will make it in the SEC and later in the NCAA's? Fans who think constructive analysis of real facts equates to Holly/team bashing or NEGATIVITY are the same fans who at the end of the season (will it be SW 16 this year?) say wait until next year. 28 turnovers is unacceptable. The inability to break a press is a big problem especially at the caliber of opponets so far.

BTW next year Nared and Mercedes are gone.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Edit:

My post was made after reading just the beginning of this thread. Not siding with the mindset of the Wikileaks of the world. Am siding with the fact that a lot of turnovers on such a weak schedule is not a good thing

Last edited:
And just how far do you think a turn-over prone team, playing so far at an SOS >90 schedule, will make it in the SEC and later in the NCAA's? Fans who think constructive analysis of real facts equates to Holly/team bashing or NEGATIVITY are the same fans who at the end of the season (will it be SW 16 this year?) say wait until next year. 28 turnovers is unacceptable. The inability to break a press is a big problem especially at the caliber of opponets so far.

BTW next year Nared and Mercedes are gone.

Where are you getting your SOS ranking from? As of today, our SOS according to the 3 major ranking system are as follows:
Massey: 17
Sargarin: 36
RPI: 49

So definitely not the strongest but not the >90 SOS you are quoting.

I'm sure everyone associated with the team is aware that the number of turnovers that occurred during the Auburn game is not conducive to winning consistently. The turnovers will come down as the team gets better. 28 turnovers is for one game and not a game average.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm sure everyone associated with the team is aware that the number of turnovers that occurred during the Auburn game is not conducive to winning consistently. The turnovers will come down as the team gets better. 28 turnovers is for one game and not a game average.

I think you also have to look at the opponent and their average though. Turning you over is what Auburn does best. I think people could live with 18-20 vs them but would have been thrilled with 15 or less. Tennessee I think turned the ball over 3 more times than even the 25 a game that Auburn forces on average. I think that is more of what people were frustrated with. Coaches probably just want to see them learn from their mistakes and not make them after they have been advised otherwise at half time.

Mad, why do you keep combining Wiki and me in your replies, like we're joined at the hip? I only agreed with one point that he made. I don't even read every thing he posts. I now see that he's banned. why, I don't know, while some of you name call and bash people all the time. I'm sure some of you know each, but some of you bait people into a argument just for posting their opinion. Debates are healthy, when everyone acts as an adult, and not a Bully. Go Lady Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
Mad, why do you keep combining Wiki and me in your replies, like we're joined at the hip? I only agreed with one point that he made. I don't even read every thing he posts. I now see that he's banned. why, I don't know, while some of you name call and bash people all the time. I'm sure some of you know each, but some of you bait people into a argument just for posting their opinion. Debates are healthy, when everyone acts as an adult, and not a Bully. Go Lady Vols!

The poster said “go kill yourself” to multiple posters, proceeded to call posters out their names and we aren’t talking about calling someone a “troll” we are talking nasty/vile names. Then proceeded to threaten people.

I think there is a difference in saying someone is a troll because or an arguement and then talk about others in the way that poster did. It just wasn’t a good look for this board. I don’t care if you’re baited into an aruguement or not there are certain things you don’t say and lines you don’t cross and that poster did that without cause just because they didn’t like what was said (none of which was threatening).

This is not an arguement and I am not trying to tell you what point of view to have. What I will say is please don’t associate any disgusting act that poster did with calling a name like a troll because it wasn’t even close.

I agree debates are healthy as long as BOTH parties remain respectful. As soon as talking about ones family or threats occur it then becomes a whole new thing!

I think you were lumped together because you said Amen to someone who was bashing other posters with vile things! Now to be fair when you said that you may not have read what the poster had stated or it may have come after that but if that is the case you have to see that it just looked like you agreed but with what the poster was saying. I agree name-calling and bashing must stop and we all need to enjoy this 15-0 win team (because lord knows we have some large tests looming)!

I hope you had an enjoyable day and am looking forward to more of your posts!

Go Lady Vols!

VN Store

Back