Lady Vols are a driect reflection of.....

Rickster,this is just a continuation of armchair's constant denigration of all things Tennessee and southern along with his repeated disdain for people of a different political persuasion. If he is,as his posts suggest,as dismissive of other opinions in his life,he must be truly miserable. And if he thinks his opinions are the majority,delusional as well.

I've been reading posts on VolNation for about three years now so I expect negative things from him however, that remark was totally out of line even for him. BTW, if he understands how to use the word causal, he also understands what a comma means so I am not buying his clarifying remark. I think he meant it and wants to hurt people who have dissimilar opinions.

Reactions: 3 people
I marvel at the time invested in posting on this site by armchair and a few others. They make sure to hit every thread lamenting the state of the Lady Vols program and their opinion of a need for a coaching change. It's just amazing to me it apparently impacts their lives that much. LOL

And by the way, let's keep making new threads saying the same thing over and over! How many are we up to now? I don't get why this is necessary to keep starting thread after thread. Stupid.

They are certainly carrying the torch of negativity. Frankly, I think they are trying as hard as they can to damage Lady Vol basketball. This goes way beyond just being disgruntled. I think everyone is entitled to an opinion and that is what a forum is all about but the sheer quantity of negativity coming from him and a few others has, in my opinion, but one purpose and that is to damage.

Reactions: 2 people
I think it is time to say this is not a talented team. Talented players can make layups and open shots and the players we have cannot. I think we have to finally realize that these players were overrated coming out of high school.

The talent has been coached right out of them by Holly...

Reactions: 1 person
They are certainly carrying the torch of negativity. Frankly, I think they are trying as hard as they can to damage Lady Vol basketball. This goes way beyond just being disgruntled. I think everyone is entitled to an opinion and that is what a forum is all about but the sheer quantity of negativity coming from him and a few others has, in my opinion, but one purpose and that is to damage.

I have had the same exact thought - it seems to go way beyond being disgruntled with the program. These folks are on a mission. We'll be attacked any minute now. Anyone who is not ready to fire HW always is.

I have sincerely wondered if a couple of them weren't anti-Lady Vol fans trying to cause trouble. I know not all of them are but there are at least a couple I question their motives.

Regardless, a lot of this stuff should not be posted on a public message board - my opinion.

Last edited:
Hmmm.... I figured this was gonna start out like, the lady vols are a direct reflection of how the athletic department has screwed up pretty much every sport except softball..

Hard to believe that posters on forum can really "damage Lady Vol basketball." Projecting way too much power there. The only ones who can really damage the program are the players and coaches, and of course opposing teams cumulatively.

It's been kind of bipolar on VN over the last few years. On the one hand there are those who at least when the season starts have been stating that the Vols will smack down the top teams in the country. Then there are those who are so deep in the dumpster about everything that it is hard to believe the Vols could even beat an Alabama A&M even as they go on a 3-win run in the Tourney. But much of the attitude is based on the expectations of where the team should realistically be right now, and for some those expectations are great and for some they are pretty small.

Hard to believe that posters on forum can really "damage Lady Vol basketball." Projecting way too much power there. The only ones who can really damage the program are the players and coaches, and of course opposing teams cumulatively.

It's been kind of bipolar on VN over the last few years. On the one hand there are those who at least when the season starts have been stating that the Vols will smack down the top teams in the country. Then there are those who are so deep in the dumpster about everything that it is hard to believe the Vols could even beat an Alabama A&M even as they go on a 3-win run in the Tourney. But much of the attitude is based on the expectations of where the team should realistically be right now, and for some those expectations are great and for some they are pretty small.

Expectations are based on where the team should be based on talent. They lost a big piece of their team and have no one to replace what Bashaara brought to the court. I expected that they would not be a top 10 team, and would not be a threat against the elite teams. Maybe a S16 tournament loss. But I expected that they would sort out the poor team chemistry, lack of offense and playing down to the level of competition that plagued them last year. The fact that Holly couldn't sort that out in the off season is the reason the pitchforks are out.

UT women's basketball fans are old, and the program itself is withering pretty steadily. It is past time for Hart to make a move.

You do understand that Hart has essentially been fired by not renewing his contract and is a lame duck Athletic Director .....he as they say in the vernacular " ain't gonna do nothing ".He is simply going to mark time until the next AD is named and takes office.

This like many other of your posts is complete bull s***

Reactions: 3 people
I go to a game once a year, I'm always close to the floor, and I'm usually the only one standing up yelling and cheering! :)

You attack anyone whose opinion differs from yours. That is complete bull****.

As they would say on the playground "time about is fair play.He has repeatedly attacked those with other and conflicting opinions.Time that some returned the favor.Sorry it offended your sensitivity and strange that his post did not evoke the same response as your post did to mine.....

As they would say on the playground "time about is fair play.He has repeatedly attacked those with other and conflicting opinions.Time that some returned the favor.Sorry it offended your sensitivity and strange that his post did not evoke the same response as your post did to mine.....

I didn't see him calling you stupid as you do to people regularly when they don't agree with you...but okay.

Laughing at your comment about my "sensitivity."

I didn't see him calling you stupid as you do to people regularly when they don't agree with you...but okay.

Everyone has right to own opinion just like yours.Hope you have a good and long lasting laugh....it may help your perspective

By the way if you can find a post where I called anyone stupid please bring it forward and I will send you a $100 and conversely if you do not find a post where I have called someone stupid you will send me $ 100 .....Do I have a bet ?

I know this is a futile post but....with a #1 recruiting class coming in and a minimalist squad this season (which does provide a built in excuse), it is unlikely that Holly gets the ax this season unless the team goes completely off the rails. Last season, they had a horrendous start but, in the end, put together a decent season (though below the program's standards). That may be what happens this season, though I agree with other posters that the loss of Bash is proving to be a very consequential one, as no player is stepping up to fill that role (not sure we have anyone who is capable). My prediction is that If Holly does not win an SEC title and/or make a final four by the time her #1 recruiting class has its second season (sophomore), there is no question she will be gone. I am not saying that is the right decision per se but just the one that seems more likely. And let's recall that Holly is still here (despite pronouncements that she was going to be fired during last season). All in all, I do hope the LVs start playing better; they have enough individual pieces to be a good team (Maybe sweet 16) but they are not showing it right now.

Last edited:
I know this is a futile post but....with a #1 recruiting class coming in and a minimalist squad this season (which does provide a built in excuse), it is unlikely that Holly gets the ax this season unless the team goes completely off the rails. Last season, they had a horrendous start but, in the end, put together a decent season (though below the program's standards). That may be what happens this season, though I agree with other posters that the loss of Bash is proving to be a very consequential one, as no player is stepping up to fill that role (not sure we have anyone who is capable). My prediction is that If Holly does not win an SEC title and/or make a final four by the time her #1 recruiting class has its second season (sophomore), there is no question she will be gone. I am not saying that is the right decision per say but just the one that seems more likely. And let's recall that Holly is still here (despite pronouncements that she was going to be fired during last season). All in all, I do hope the LVs start playing better; they have enough individual pieces to be a good team (Maybe sweet 16) but they are not showing it right now.

I agree with most all of your post.Holly will not be fired this season because Hart is still the AD and we will not have a new AD installed until Hart departs.I also doubt that she will be fired by the new AD after the season and when a new AD is in charge due to there are bigger fish to fry namely the state of football program now.So I believe she will be given another year.....unfortunately.Now if David Blackburn becomes the new AD she could be retired next summer because he is certainly aware of the situation exisiting in Lady Vol BB and he certainly straightened out both the Women's and Men's BB programs at Chattanooga as well as the football team thru his hire of excellent Head Coaches.Fact is the current Women;s BB team would be an excellent replacement for Holly.He has coached at Vandy and Ohio State ,knows the SEC and is an excellent X's and O's coach .....he needs some outstanding recruiters on his staff because that seemed to be his weakness at previous destinations.I like you hope that the Team turns around it's play and goes on to go to Final Four but have real doubts that it will happen.

You do understand that Hart has essentially been fired by not renewing his contract and is a lame duck Athletic Director .....he as they say in the vernacular " ain't gonna do nothing ".He is simply going to mark time until the next AD is named and takes office.

Is there any chance the next AD will be a woman?

That's why there's a thread calling for Holly to step down for the love of the Lady Vols.

Apparently she's a proud woman who refuses to accept that she made a mistake in taking the head coaching position. It fell right into her lap and she didn't think it over. She just assumed all she had to do is tell her players to play hard and that would be enough.

Hunker down Lady Vol fans. Holly ain't going anywhere but we'll still be here putting her feet thru the hot coals, if the LVs keep losing. Not that it will make a difference. But venting is good for the soul. :)

That's why there's a thread calling for Holly to step down for the love of the Lady Vols.

Apparently she's a proud woman who refuses to accept that she made a mistake in taking the head coaching position. It fell right into her lap and she didn't think it over. She just assumed all she had to do is tell her players to play hard and that would be enough.

Hunker down Lady Vol fans. Holly ain't going anywhere but we'll still be here putting her feet thru the hot coals, if the LVs keep losing. Not that it will make a difference. But venting is good for the soul. :)

A sane post is sane afterall:)

If the powers-that-be promoted Holly to AD, they wouldn't have to buy out the remaining years on her contract, she could still contribute to the university she loves in a way that maximizes her talents, and a new WBB coach could be hired. She could still offer support to the WBB team (Coach Emeritus?), promote all the women's athletic programs, and ensure Title IX compliance. Everyone could save face and it would be a win-win for the university. How many Power 5 schools have women as their AD?

VN Store

Back