Lady Vols (6 seed) Portland Regional

Wow we played 31 ranked teams this season!? That's impressive. Calm down I promise you will be ok. No one is obsessed with Kellie. I just corrected your mistake. You said we didn't beat any ranked teams this year and we did. Sorry you don't like being corrected. Maybe you should post factual comments. Btw we beat ranked teams last year and the year before.

What was the end result of doing so?

Kellie’s job has not been nor is now on the line. The committee gave that 0.000% consideration in the bracket. Such a broken record, you need to let “Kellie might get fired” go!
We got a 6 seed! Not a single coach of any team making the tournament will be fired. Sheeesh!
Didn’t age well.

Reactions: VolBall09
The right move

Not celebratory post as a family is involved. She’ll get paid to walk away, but it’s business.

Didn’t age well.
Didn't last long.

You guys were right, I never thought they'd just pull this trigger even with direction going bad, most espec wo a big hire waiting in the wings. We're getting another meh mid.

For Kellie yes. For Lucy and her constant bashing of posters, no.
You've earned the right to endless told you so. Which I'm sure you'll use.

I'm just shocked they'd do this with no replacement lined up. To me, that is horrible news in every way.

I'm just shocked they'd do this with no replacement lined up. To me, that is horrible news in every way.
I have to think he has a plan. He waited till the day the buyout lowered so I have faith in him that this wasn’t a rash decision.

No need to. It’s over, the job was bigger than her ability. Others saw it early while others hoped. DW has his ducks in a row, I’m sure he’s got it in line.

Last edited:

Why would you be shocked? Look at the trajectory of the program. Kellie proved she wasn’t the answer. Things were only going to get worse under her watch. Why keep her around and delay the inevitable? That line of thinking never made sense.

Maybe DW makes a bad hire and things get worse anyways, but it’s insanity to keep a coach around who was in over her head.

VN Store

Back