'19 LA CB Devin Bush

Is it just me or does the way vq/247 both comment so strongly here that we are a major player make you think he possibly could be a silent commit?

Is it just me or does the way vq/247 both comment so strongly here that we are a major player make you think he possibly could be a silent commit?

On LSU visit. "All the other players enjoyed it as much as I did". I think he hated it and everyone else did to. Jmo

Reactions: 4 people
Coach O: video of guys he didn’t have anything to do with

Coach Pruitt: résumé

Vols win this one.

Reactions: 2 people
Aranda is an outstanding DC but most know he is close to HC job in next yr or 2

Any chance he might take Ogre's job if things go south, or will they clean house?

I would imagine Aranda's buyout is pretty good, considering his outrageous salary.

Any chance he might take Ogre's job if things go south, or will they clean house?

I would imagine Aranda's buyout is pretty good, considering his outrageous salary.

I couldn't image it sitting well with the fanbase if they hired a 1st time HC. The players campaigned for O to get that job. LSU went into panic mode after Jimbo bailed and Herman wanting the Texas job. That's exactly why you don't let players have that say. O is a great recruiter, players coach and good defensive coach but is on the Butch Jones level as a HC. I could see a Kiffin, Fuente,Gundy type Hire next go around. Kiffin would fit in perfectly at LSU and bring them an offense they badly want. Plus he can recruit and hire an elite staff. Then for bonus measure he would get under the skin of Alabama fans. That would reinvigorate that rivalry. I know a lot of Vol fan's don't like him, but the guy can Coach QB's, knows offense, can recruit with the best of them and knows the value of having great Coach's around him. He tends to be his own worst enemy at times but there's no arguing his ability to develop QB's and score points. I would greatly enjoy seeing him be a thorn in Saban's side and the Alabubba fanbase. Not saying he would consistently beat Saban, but he could be a serious nuisance like he was with Urban.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I think he's stated he doesn't want HC just yet. Most around here in BR believe he wants an NFL DC gig.

I can honestly see them going with an offensive minded coach next time. With all the Offensive and QB issues they have had,I can see them going that route. They tried to with Herman and Fisher. I really could see Lane doing well there and getting the fan support.

I can honestly see them going with an offensive minded coach next time. With all the Offensive and QB issues they have had,I can see them going that route. They tried to with Herman and Fisher. I really could see Lane doing well there and getting the fan support.

Lane would KILLLLLL here. Geez. Louisiana would eat him up.

Reactions: 2 people
I think he's stated he doesn't want HC just yet. Most around here in BR believe he wants an NFL DC gig.

Huh I didn't realize that. Can't say I blame him, though. NFL DC seems like a wayyy nicer job than CFB HC. NFL coaches actually get a bit of an offseason and aren't on call for recruits year round.

Kiffin would kill it there. Keep him the hell out of this league

I couldn't image it sitting well with the fanbase if they hired a 1st time HC. The players campaigned for O to get that job. LSU went into panic mode after Jimbo bailed and Herman wanting the Texas job. That's exactly why you don't let players have that say. O is a great recruiter, players coach and good defensive coach but is on the Butch Jones level as a HC. I could see a Kiffin, Fuente,Gundy type Hire next go around. Kiffin would fit in perfectly at LSU and bring them an offense they badly want. Plus he can recruit and hire an elite staff. Then for bonus measure he would get under the skin of Alabama fans. That would reinvigorate that rivalry. I know a lot of Vol fan's don't like him, but the guy can Coach QB's, knows offense, can recruit with the best of them and knows the value of having great Coach's around him. He tends to be his own worst enemy at times but there's no arguing his ability to develop QB's and score points. I would greatly enjoy seeing him be a thorn in Saban's side and the Alabubba fanbase. Not saying he would consistently beat Saban, but he could be a serious nuisance like he was with Urban.

If he'll keep his head out of his arse he'll be able to compete with Saban IMO

I don't get the Kitten love around here. The Raiders, USC, and his record here all say he isn't a good college head coach. He is a great coordinator and recruiter, if you are ok with living on the edge of being under major NCAA investigation. I say let Joey Freshwater keep sending his sarcastic tweets at this fanbase from I've never heard of it Florida Something Community College. The guy can't get out of the way of his own ego long enough to be successful the right way.

I don't get the Kitten love around here. The Raiders, USC, and his record here all say he isn't a good college head coach. He is a great coordinator and recruiter, if you are ok with living on the edge of being under major NCAA investigation. I say let Joey Freshwater keep sending his sarcastic tweets at this fanbase from I've never heard of it Florida Something Community College. The guy can't get out of the way of his own ego long enough to be successful the right way.

Raiders- 1st gig and does not fit the NFL.

Vols- We're mad at him not just because the way he left, but because everyone in the league could see he was building some here FAST.

USC- Sanctions, Limited scholarships. Still found a way to beat Oregon at their pinnacle.

FAU- Best coach in the conference.

I think we have a guy in Pruitt who is an even better football coach. But Lane would kill it at LSU. He'd raid Texas for QBs and almost every other position could be satisfied in-state

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back