Kyle Serrano has left the program

Tennessee Baseball‏*@Vol_Baseball Apr 21

Regarding Kyle Serrano: We ask for the respect of privacy for Kyle, his family and the team at this time.

This was the tweet that went out about the situation regarding Kyle. So out of respect, why doesn't everyone just stop the posts (whether speculative or factual) to the thread. There is obviously some serious reason why he left so why don't we all just let it end with that.

Reactions: 1 person

Regarding Kyle Serrano: We ask for the respect of privacy for Kyle, his family and the team at this time.

This was the tweet that went out about the situation regarding Kyle. So out of respect, why doesn't everyone just stop the posts (whether speculative or factual) to the thread. There is obviously some serious reason why he left so why don't we all just let it end with that.

Lots of public figures going through rough spots in their lives ask for their privacy to be respected, but such requests often prompt more intrusive questions.

In my view, a college baseball player who becomes a former college baseball player and a former student is in a different category than a politician.

In situations like this, especially involving young people, our first concern should be recovery and restoration.

I don't see how indulging my curiosity as to the specific issues he's dealing with can help him get better, so I will honor the family's request.

You don't leave university with arm issues. Especially when they will be paying for treatment. This sounds like rehab.

Fair point.

It is NOT an arm problem.

Someone in the media wrote that it was something that would affect his draft status, so that made me think physical. But rethinking it, that doesn't make sense as to why it would be so hush hush.

Fair point.

Someone in the media wrote that it was something that would affect his draft status, so that made me think physical. But rethinking it, that doesn't make sense as to why it would be so hush hush.

Any of the possible reasons For this will hurt his draft stock

There's a big difference in discussion and libel. No one is taking shots or talking bad about him.

Can't see how his draft stock would be very good to begin with. Obviously, you have to feel for the kid but dang, was a disappointing carreer.

Can't see how his draft stock would be very good to begin with. Obviously, you have to feel for the kid but dang, was a disappointing carreer.

Depends on what you define as good draft stock. Without this mess he would have been easily in the top 10 rounds IMO

There's a big difference in discussion and libel. No one is taking shots or talking bad about him.

I understand there are questions in peopleÂ’s minds about the situation hence the discussion. The unfortunate part is that there have been some shots taken along with posts containing speculation about pain killer abuse, rehab, draft status, etc. Some of its sounding like a bunch of story crazed journalist who are hungry to see how much mileage they can get out of bad situation/story. All I was trying to say really was that we should all just wish the kid well whatever the situation is and let it go. Just my thoughts and last post on the matter.

I understand there are questions in peopleÂ’s minds about the situation hence the discussion. The unfortunate part is that there have been some shots taken along with posts containing speculation about pain killer abuse, rehab, draft status, etc. Some of its sounding like a bunch of story crazed journalist who are hungry to see how much mileage they can get out of bad situation/story. All I was trying to say really was that we should all just wish the kid well whatever the situation is and let it go. Just my thoughts and last post on the matter.

That's because everyone has a pretty good idea that there is indeed a story there.

I don't think there is any fan who is trying to get any mileage out of it.

But, yeah, when the head coach's son has an undisclosed "issue" that isn't an injury, pretty understandable that people are curious

The only thing, and my post is included, is that they've been quite clear they're only speaking in speculation. No one is calling the kid a screwup, idiot, or anything. There have not been any shots or sarcasm or jokes about it.

In reality, you can't just ask fans that have followed and supported a kid for four years to just accept that he's gone without any curiosity as to why. Just not humanly possible. Hiding the reason only makes the speculation worse.

I promise you this, no professional team is going to draft Kyle without a full disclosure.

Reactions: 2 people
If I offended anyone I am sorry. I deleted my post on this subject.

🙏 Forgive me. Please. Was not trying to upset anyone.

In reality, you can't just ask fans that have followed and supported a kid for four years to just accept that he's gone without any curiosity as to why. Just not humanly possible. Hiding the reason only makes the speculation worse.

I promise you this, no professional team is going to draft Kyle without a full disclosure.
Exactly. Ridiculous.

Is the door open for a Serrano return? In KNS today..

Serrano, who was drafted in the 10th round by Houston, told WNML radio Wednesday that he hoped to return to UT to take care of unfinished business.

The former Farragut High School star took a leave from the team in mid-season for unspecified reasons. His father and head coach, Dave Serrano, agreed to resign at season's end after a sixth season of no NCAA tournament bids. Vitello was hired last week to take over the program.

"I feel like I owe the university more,'' Kyle Serrano told WNML. "I want to give Tennessee what Kyle Serrano was supposed to have been like the whole time.''

Serrano, who had returned from Tommy John surgery to pitch sparingly in 2017, said Vitello has been "very welcoming" and that academics would not be an issue. Serrano said he planned to play in the Cape Cod League this summer and did not anticipate Houston coming up with the money to make signing realistic.

VN Store

Back